or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › APC Sale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

APC Sale

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
www.apc.fr APC's sale has started, didn't see too much that I couldn't live without. Still considering a pair of "unwashed denim" jeans from them (these are not on sale). I may have asked this before, but anyone know how the "English cut" runs? I wear a 34 in sevens and diesels.
post #2 of 25
ooooo - cool coat.
post #3 of 25
APC jeans are pretty true to size around the waist. The unisex jeans also use unwashed denim.
post #4 of 25
I bought a pair of the English jeans when I was in Paris 3 or 4 years ago. They are labeled "Anglaise" on the inside as such. I am not sure if the style has changed some since then but they fit slightly lower on the hips and they are long. As for fit, they are straight leg, button-fly. I bought a size 34 and that is what I wear for Diesel as well 34*34. As a point of reference, their Kratt fit is the best for me. The APC's fit slightly larger through the leg but are by no means a baggy fit. As for sevens I don't own a pair so i can't comment. If you want, I can try to take some measurements of mine tonight if you would like. Waist, knees, ankles, etc. If I were you I would give the New York store a call, they have always been helpful when I used to go in there. That is also where the mail order is based.
post #5 of 25
post #6 of 25
Is anyone familiar with APC's sizing? Specifically I'm looking at the orange vest (sleeveless jacket...? whatever), which is available in size 1 & 2. I'm a 38--will the 2 fit me? Also, is this good quality stuff? Never purchased before. Anybody seen this orange? I hope its not too bright (they call it dark orange, but you never know). Thanks, Andrew who most assuredly does not need to buy this but thinks it may be a cool layer type thing under a black leather coat or some such foolishness... P.S.: any other cool ideas for outerwear type vests to layer under black leather coats (streetwear specialists, can you hear me knocking?)?
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Is anyone familiar with APC's sizing? Specifically I'm looking at the orange vest (sleeveless jacket...? whatever), which is available in size 1 & 2. I'm a 38--will the 2 fit me? Also, is this good quality stuff? Never purchased before. Anybody seen this orange? I hope its not too bright (they call it dark orange, but you never know). Thanks, Andrew who most assuredly does not need to buy this but thinks it may be a cool layer type thing under a black leather coat or some such foolishness... P.S.: any other cool ideas for outerwear type vests to layer under black leather coats (streetwear specialists, can you hear me knocking?)?
By leather coat, are you referring to a motorcycle jacket, or a blazer-type coat? Either way, they should both be cut close to the body, and therefore hard to layer anything under except perhaps a closely fitting sweater/sweatshirt. I think by layer anything under a leather coat, you run the risk of looking like Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story. I personally would layer anything under leather. Brando didn't do it, why should you? Dan P.S. I didn't even look at the vest, so don't blame me if i'm wrong.
post #8 of 25
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL,05 Jan. 2005, 8:53
Is anyone familiar with APC's sizing? Specifically I'm looking at the orange vest (sleeveless jacket...? whatever), which is available in size 1 & 2. I'm a 38--will the 2 fit me? Also, is this good quality stuff? Never purchased before. Anybody seen this orange? I hope its not too bright (they call it dark orange, but you never know). Thanks, Andrew who most assuredly does not need to buy this but thinks it may be a cool layer type thing under a black leather coat or some such foolishness... P.S.: any other cool ideas for outerwear type vests to layer under black leather coats (streetwear specialists, can you hear me knocking?)?
Quote:
By leather coat, are you referring to a motorcycle jacket, or a blazer-type coat?  Either way, they should both be cut close to the body, and therefore hard to layer anything under except perhaps a closely fitting sweater/sweatshirt.  I think by layer anything under a leather coat, you run the risk of looking like Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story. I personally would layer anything under leather.  Brando didn't do it, why should you? Dan P.S. I didn't even look at the vest, so don't blame me if i'm wrong.
neither--black leather car coats (2 of 'em). I've been through my share of black biker jackets and wouldn't think of trying to put a heavy layer under them (or w/ leather blazer, which I don't own). Both coats cut full enough to support a fairly substantial sweater, or in this case, vest. It's not down filled or anything--take a look.
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Is anyone familiar with APC's sizing? Specifically I'm looking at the orange vest (sleeveless jacket...? whatever), which is available in size 1 & 2. I'm a 38--will the 2 fit me? Also, is this good quality stuff? Never purchased before. Anybody seen this orange? I hope its not too bright (they call it dark orange, but you never know).
I am a 40R and take a 2. You need a 1.
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Quote:
Is anyone familiar with APC's sizing? Specifically I'm looking at the orange vest (sleeveless jacket...? whatever), which is available in size 1 & 2. I'm a 38--will the 2 fit me? Also, is this good quality stuff? Never purchased before. Anybody seen this orange? I hope its not too bright (they call it dark orange, but you never know).
I am a 40R and take a 2.  You need a 1.
Yhanks. Any input on this vest, or other options (being as you are one of the preeminent Princes of Streetwear here @ SF)? Slightly OT-- I really like the look of some current offerings from C.P. Co., kind of casual eclectic with an interesting mix of funky fabric, color and details (goggles aside...). I also like that they do a lot of stuff in cotton and cotton blends, as I am sensitive to woolen fabrics on my upper body. I don't think its available around here, and the stuff on YOOX isn't great. Any ideas for resources, or for similar funky cas.-wear? Here's C.P., for reference http://www.cpcompany.com/flash.htm
post #11 of 25
Aw shucks... Anyway, of the other APC stuff, I like the vest, and think that it would go well with a sweatshirt (both a heather hooded one and the silver one with with boxer are on sale and would go well) and some wide legged brown cotton pants (also on sale - the first wardrobe, skip the bondage style pants.) or jeans (never, ever, on sale.) Where are you located?  In LA, CP Company can be found all over, from Scott and Co. to Bloomingdales in the Beverly Center to various Loehmann's (where the prices are really terrific.  I got a great chestnut with wheat and pale blue broken pinstriped casual jacket for $89 (no additional discount) which would've been double the price on Yoox.)  The stuff is pretty common in NYC specialty stores as well, and they have a branded store there, if I remember correctly. Here in Boston, I've only ever seen the stuff at Stonestreets, and their selection really sucked.   Also, you might want to check out the Wrangler sale at Built by Wendy (www.builtbywendy.com).  The corduroy shirt is a pretty decent deal on sale, and would look great under the orange vest for early spring.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Here in Boston, I've only ever seen the stuff at Stonestreets, and their selection really sucked.
I don't even think they carry it anymore. I remember they used to and the selection was weak. It's a shame they can't get Barba anymore as well. I think the only time you'll see the APC jeans on sale is if you can get to their sample sale in new york. I couldn't get the measurements from my jeans last night as I rememered they are at my girlfriend's and she is as sick as a dog. I'll try for over the weekend.
post #13 of 25
Thread Starter 
petesolari, Thanks for the effort, if you don't get around to it don't fret, I'm personally not likely to get around to measuring my own jeans for awhile. Thanks though. LA, what are you doing?? I can't go blowing money on nifty casual clothes, but with these sales... and David Cross as a model... so... difficult... to... resist....
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Aw shucks... Anyway, of the other APC stuff, I like the vest, and think that it would go well with a sweatshirt (both a heather hooded one and the silver one with with boxer are on sale and would go well) and some wide legged brown cotton pants (also on sale - the first wardrobe, skip the bondage style pants.) or jeans (never, ever, on sale.) Where are you located?  In LA, CP Company can be found all over, from Scott and Co. to Bloomingdales in the Beverly Center to various Loehmann's (where the prices are really terrific.  I got a great chestnut with wheat and pale blue broken pinstriped casual jacket for $89 (no additional discount) which would've been double the price on Yoox.)  The stuff is pretty common in NYC specialty stores as well, and they have a branded store there, if I remember correctly. Here in Boston, I've only ever seen the stuff at Stonestreets, and their selection really sucked.   Also, you might want to check out the Wrangler sale at Built by Wendy (www.builtbywendy.com).  The corduroy shirt is a pretty decent deal on sale, and would look great under the orange vest for early spring.
Boston, as well.
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Quote:
Is anyone familiar with APC's sizing? Specifically I'm looking at the orange vest (sleeveless jacket...? whatever), which is available in size 1 & 2. I'm a 38--will the 2 fit me? Also, is this good quality stuff? Never purchased before. Anybody seen this orange? I hope its not too bright (they call it dark orange, but you never know).
I am a 40R and take a 2.  You need a 1.
LAG- Are you wearing this stuff tight or fairly relaxed? I do not like tight-fitting, restrictive clothing (also I have fairly broad shoulders--18.25-.50"). For point of reference, I just received some Standard American s/s tee's in M, and the fit around my upper chest, shoulders and neck is almost too snug for my taste. Edit: I would ask the same question of the Wrangler corduroy shirt: is the S cut full enough in the shoulders for me, and of the APC wide pants--small or med (I am 32-33" waist)? Sorry for the badgering, but you did mention something about kinder & gentler...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › APC Sale