or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brown suede brogues
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brown suede brogues - Page 2

post #16 of 24
- light or mid grey suit - blazer with grey / white trousers - white / off white suit And I won't put black shoes with a blazer; but that's me.
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Quote:
(Roy @ 04 Jan. 2005, 7:24) I would never wear brogues under a suit.
I think it depends on where you are - wingtips are usually considered "business" shoes in the States.
I've noticed that before on this board I know that quite a lot of Europeans think brogues do not belong under suit. But then again, Italians pretty much only wear brown whereas the English prefer black. It's all about national/regional preference I think.
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Brown leather. Lizard or alligator is nice.
Why not a brown suede belt?
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Quote:
(NoVaguy @ 05 Jan. 2005, 02:56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy,04 Jan. 2005, 7:24
I would never wear brogues under a suit.
I think it depends on where you are - wingtips are usually considered "business" shoes in the States.
I've noticed that before on this board I know that quite a lot of Europeans think brogues do not belong under suit. But then again, Italians pretty much only wear brown whereas the English prefer black. It's all about national/regional preference I think.
I picture this novice SFer reading advice meant for Italy and applying it in America...
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Quote:
(Roy @ 05 Jan. 2005, 10:38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy,05 Jan. 2005, 02:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy,04 Jan. 2005, 7:24
I would never wear brogues under a suit.
I think it depends on where you are - wingtips are usually considered "business" shoes in the States.
I've noticed that before on this board I know that quite a lot of Europeans think brogues do not belong under suit. But then again, Italians pretty much only wear brown whereas the English prefer black. It's all about national/regional preference I think.
I picture this novice SFer reading advice meant for Italy and applying it in America...
Oh, that is just intended in helping Americans to dress better ...
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Oh, that is just intended in helping Americans to dress better ...
Maybe you Italians should help some of my countrymen help dressing better
post #22 of 24
A minority view:  In determining the level of formality in footwear, I consider the texture--and, to a lesser extent, the hue--of the leather much more important than the loafer/bal/blucher disinction.  IMHO, gleaming black shell cordovan tassel loafers are just about as "formal" as textured mahogany bals.  Patent leather bluchers mate with dinner jackets.  Etc. "Dark and smooth" trumps "light and pebbly" (or "nappy"). Just my opinion.
post #23 of 24
Quote:
A minority view:  In determining the level of formality in footwear, I consider the texture--and, to a lesser extent, the hue--of the leather much more important than the loafer/bal/blucher disinction.  IMHO, leaming black shell cordovan tassel loafers are just about as "formal" as textured mahogany bals.  Patent leather bluchers mate with dinner jackets.  Etc. "Dark and smooth" trumps "light and pebbly" (or "nappy"). Just my opinion.
I'd assume that you'd wear both the tassel loafers and the bals with most suits (probably not double-breasted) and blazers? That seems to make sense and adds versatility to your shoe wardrobe.
post #24 of 24
STYLESTUDENT-- Your inferences are correct. One of my favorite outfits, for example, is a predominantly grey Glen plaid Oxxford SB with black Alden shell cordovan tassel loafers. (But I wouldn't wear either the suit or the shoes to a wedding or a funeral--especially my own.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brown suede brogues