• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for Hyderabad Tailors

superbikepics

Reaction score
I'll be heading to India for a couple of weeks and, unlike my last excursion, won't have the opportunity to get over the Delhi for another wonderful Sachin Vaish experience.

Information on this and other forums is scarce on Hyderabad-based tailors doing bespoke. Does anyone have any leads or recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Ryan

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
The only place I know is Meena Bazar. I doubt you'll be happy with them. I've only used them for shirts and have just given up. A couple of friends have used them for suits, but I wouldn't wear what they end up getting. Someone who speaks Telugu and is very exacting with them might be able to get somewhere, or if you have a good bit of time to spend.

If you find a good Hyderbad tailor, though, please let me know who it is. There's got to be someone somewhere. The city's too big not to have some decent tailors.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don;t know any, but for god's sake, eat at paradise, have the biryani and the kheema mutter

superbikepics

Reaction score
Thank you AlanC and for the recco Mr. globetrotter!

Followup question - What do you know/hear about the Raymonds brand? They are a national chain, perhaps like Men's Wearhouse is here in the US, with the major difference being a made-to-measure service. Any experience with Raymonds?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ryan

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by superbikepics

Followup question - What do you know/hear about the Raymonds brand? They are a national chain, perhaps like Men's Wearhouse is here in the US, with the major difference being a made-to-measure service. Any experience with Raymonds?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ryan

nationwide chain, I don't know what they would compare to in the US, but you can probrably do better.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by superbikepics
I'll be heading to India for a couple of weeks and, unlike my last excursion, won't have the opportunity to get over the Delhi for another wonderful Sachin Vaish experience. Information on this and other forums is scarce on Hyderabad-based tailors doing bespoke. Does anyone have any leads or recommendations? Thank you in advance. Ryan
Ryan, In the days of the Nizam who was the richest man in the world you could get anything that you wanted in Hyderabad as Saville Road tailors would visit. I have never had a suit made in Hyderabad but a long time ago I had some shirts made and a good idea was to have the senior tailor make your shirt and give him a tip. Have fun on your trip. I love Hyderabad although I think that the city that I remember has changed ....

superbikepics

Reaction score
Sam and globetrotter - thank you for the feedback and tips (no pun intended). I'll do what I can, and see what I can find while I'm over there. Thanks again!

Regards,

Ryan

yuvaraki

Reaction score

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ryan
yes they are one of the biggest and most-reputed brand here and their cloth is very very good. I havent had much experience with costlier brands but i would say they are pretty awesome for their price. However their bespoke tailoring is not very consistent if you ask me.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While in Hyderabad stay at the brand new Park Hyatt Hotel in Banjara Hills. Fabulous.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only place I know is Meena Bazar. I doubt you'll be happy with them. I've only used them for shirts and have just given up. A couple of friends have used them for suits, but I wouldn't wear what they end up getting. Someone who speaks Telugu and is very exacting with them might be able to get somewhere, or if you have a good bit of time to spend.

If you find a good Hyderbad tailor, though, please let me know who it is. There's got to be someone somewhere. The city's too big not to have some decent tailors.

I'm not so sure.......I've spent the past six years in and out of Hyderabad almost every month and to the best of my recollection I've not seen a single well tailored man there. A few young dandies here and there that stylish - but no real classic tailoring.

In Delhi things are more cosmopolitan.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

While in Hyderabad stay at the brand new Park Hyatt Hotel in Banjara Hills. Fabulous.

Gdot,

All I can say is amazing - when I was a boy living in Banjara Hills on Road #12 there were no hotels.

Just a few houses here and there and lots of boulders and rocks. No tourists - no high tech...

I plan to visit again with my children in a few years from now - I hope that i am not too disappointed with all the growth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads