or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › NWT $2300 Jil Sander 38R Charcoal 3BTN Wool Suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NWT $2300 Jil Sander 38R Charcoal 3BTN Wool Suit

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
SOLD


Description:

- Tailor Made

- Size 38R (US) 48R(EU)

- Dark Charcoal

- 100% virgin wool. The material is so soft, when you put the jacket on it really doesnt feel like you have it on.

- Retail $2290

- Pants are Approx. sz 32. Have buttion Fly.

- Notch Lapel

- Single Vent

- 3 Button Sleeve


Measurements (approx):

Shoulders - 18in
Sleeves - 27in (from shoulders seam down)
Pit to Pit - 21in
Jacket Length taken at back of jacket - 30in (From end of collar felt down)
Lapel - 3in at widest point
Inseam - 36in
Pants Waist - 16in
Leg Opening - 8in (1/2in in can be let out)
post #2 of 20
Thread Starter 
This pic shows the true color.


Also, I will accept best offer
LL
post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
Price DROP $825.00
post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 
Another price drop
post #5 of 20
It's a great suit and it's too bad that it doesn't fit! It's a fair price, but unfortunately with Yoox and their sales and such, perhaps not a particularly competitive one (a savvy shopper can usually find them in the $400-600 range). Are you SURE you can't wear it? It's way too nice of a suit just to sit in your closet, but I think you may have trouble getting back what you paid.
post #6 of 20
Are the sleeves really that long?

I doubt you'll get back anything close to what you paid. If you're not too terribly far out of the return period (like say it's been 45 days), best option is to fight with the store about returning it and maybe use a credit card chargeback to force them to take it.
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbb View Post
best option is to fight with the store about returning it and maybe use a credit card chargeback to force them to take it.

Umm, that's pretty BS to me. If they have a 30 day return policy that you expect them to adhere to, the same goes for you.

I would ask if they would accept the return but fighting the charge using your CC is dishonest.
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbie View Post

I would ask if they would accept the return but fighting the charge using your CC is dishonest.

I agree. I would ask them to return it, too, but becoming "that customer" may not be something you want to do, especially if you ever expect to shop there again.

As for the sleeve length, it is probably correct. All of my Jil tailor made jackets/suits have quite long sleeves.
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbb View Post
...
If you're not too terribly far out of the return period (like say it's been 45 days), best option is to fight with the store about returning it and maybe use a credit card chargeback to force them to take it.

I agree with the other posters who said that this would be a dillweed move. Eat the cost and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

I really like the suit, but the price, while fair for the suit, is going to make it a tougher than usual sell. Hopefully someone will pick it up.
post #10 of 20
I'm a 40 and I think it could fit, but I'd worry about the shoulders being a bit narrow. The chest is definitely good for a 40, though. No wonder you can't get it to work if you're a 36.

Did you take the shoulder measurement at the highest point on the shoulders behind the collar where the space between the seams is at its widest?
post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
It's a great suit and it's too bad that it doesn't fit! It's a fair price, but unfortunately with Yoox and their sales and such, perhaps not a particularly competitive one (a savvy shopper can usually find them in the $400-600 range). Are you SURE you can't wear it? It's way too nice of a suit just to sit in your closet, but I think you may have trouble getting back what you paid.


Thanks, it is a really nice suit. From my experience at yoox you usually dont find these suits there from Jil. the $400 - $600 price range will get you a cotton, linen, or cotton stretch suits which typically retail for less. Based on that I think my current asking is right on par with yoox. Im obviously not going to get my money back and am ready to take a loss, I just need it gone. The problem I have is the shoulders are a tad wide ( I have really narrow shoulders). I will try to get it to work if it does not sell.


I will take another measurement tonight with pics. Obviously I am a novice at measuring so the measurements might be slightly off.
post #12 of 20
If your not too far out from the 30 day period I'd say to just have a chat with a manager don't let the regular associates block ya because they usually get incentives for stopping returns. At the very least try to get either store credit or merchandise exchange for another suit of the same price. Places like that take pride in their customer service being better than lower level stores so they should try to protect that reputation by working with ya. Just stand your ground and they'll budge for fear of having corporate come down on them.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I agree with the other posters who said that this would be a dillweed move. Eat the cost and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

I'd absolutely agree if he had bought it from a private person or a small locally owned store, both of which would be pretty inconvenienced by taking the return, but I'm pretty sure saks can handle it. I personally wouldn't take a several hundred dollar loss so a store that profits off selling ridiculously marked up clothes doesn't have an extra suit in its inventory, which is what this amounts to. Somewhere like saks should be willing to bend the rules anyways. At the prices they charge, you're paying just as much for service as you are for clothes and I'd certainly never shop at a high end store that hassled me about returns within a reasonable amount of time of the stated policy.
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston View Post
I'm a 40 and I think it could fit, but I'd worry about the shoulders being a bit narrow. The chest is definitely good for a 40, though. No wonder you can't get it to work if you're a 36.

Did you take the shoulder measurement at the highest point on the shoulders behind the collar where the space between the seams is at its widest?


Ok I remeasured and it looks like you were right. The shoulders are actually about 18in based on the high point behind the shoulders. Hope that helps.
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Its been about 40 days so I want to save myself the embarrasment of having to go in there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › NWT $2300 Jil Sander 38R Charcoal 3BTN Wool Suit