• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many blue blazers?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 3 currently, 2 are cashmere, one of which is a DB.
Question is, is a 4th overboard?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It would be too many for me--but if you like blue, you like blue.

CHITON

Reaction score
It really depends how different is the cut etc.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
I have 3 currently, 2 are cashmere, one of which is a DB. Question is, is a 4th overboard?
No.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think a 4th is overboard if the cuts, materials, and trimmings are not all the same. I presently have 3-1/2 blue blazers: A standard wool one, a cashmere one, a more casual one in a coarse, rustic, almost burlap-textured silk/cotton basketweave, and a navy linen suit whose jacket is most often worn as an odd jacket with a pair of white or tan linen trousers.

The fact that I'd like to upgrade the wool and cashmere ones aside (the cuts are not great), I would gladly add another to my collection if I found a peaked-lapel navy blazer with the right fit at the right price.

andyw

Reaction score
No...........linen, silk, or hopsack would be my reasons.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue is versatile if they are cut different, and the materials (even buttons) are different, go for it.

Regards.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
It would be too many for me--but if you like blue, you like blue.

QFI.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I don't think a 4th is overboard if the cuts, materials, and trimmings are not all the same.

That's my take as well.

Though, for me, the perfect number is probably three. One in flannel for winter, one in midweight fresco or hopsack for spring/fall, one in linen for summer.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go for the 4th if you like it and its obviously distinctive enough to not have you morph into that "guy who wears the same blazer all the time.."

I have 4, all with very different buttons or fabric. One is a hopsack Golden Fleece with patch pockets and the little enamel GF buttons; the others all have little features that differentiate themselves in my mind. I keep a navy blazer in my office for those days I may have dressed down but find myself called to duty in a more formal meeting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics