or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Suitable Wardrobe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Suitable Wardrobe - Page 2

post #16 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
Yes, and this is one of the reasons I read it.

Separately, I think it's the only blog outthere dedicated to clothing (and lifestyle, I suppose) that doesn't at all take into account the opposite sex.

Well, I don't think Will goes in for that same-sex stuff either. NTTAWWT.
post #17 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
Yes, and this is one of the reasons I read it.

Separately, I think it's the only blog outthere dedicated to clothing (and lifestyle, I suppose) that doesn't at all take into account the opposite sex.

I like it. A man shouldn't define himself by reference to women.
post #18 of 51
Thank you for the kind words.

I know quite a few men who appreciate the distinction between city and country clothing. I spend half of my time in each, and, as ASW readers know, I believe that the colors that look best are different in each place.

That means browns and greens in the country, and grays and blues in the urban settings. Which can be completely ignored by men who live entirely in one or the other environment.
post #19 of 51
The best clothing blog on the internet by far!
post #20 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Francis View Post
I like it. A man shouldn't define himself by reference to women.

Though it often makes life more fun.
post #21 of 51
Oh great, yet another website to check ...
post #22 of 51
One word defines Will's blog best and explains why it's so different from other blogs: encyclopedic.
post #23 of 51
Will's blog is the only clothing blog I check out, usually daily. Great stuff. Keep up the good work, Will.
post #24 of 51
like the website a lot, one of the regularly checked blogs in addition to the satorialist. the only things i strongly dislike are the drawings/illustrations used.
post #25 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminc View Post
like the website a lot, one of the regularly checked blogs in addition to the satorialist. the only things i strongly dislike are the drawings/illustrations used.

Why's that?
post #26 of 51
I'll gladly add my cheering to the SF choir in paris of Will's blog. ASW is thoughtful, succinct, and relevant - qualities that often seem to be lacking these days (at least in my everyday). Agree or disagree with Will's advice, it's definitely a value-add part of my sartorial education.
post #27 of 51
I refuse to read Will's blog until he stops attacking Manton.
post #28 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
I refuse to read Will's blog until he stops attacking Manton.

??? Where is this??? Did Manton call Will a communist too?
post #29 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Why's that?

i rather watch real porn than anime/cartoon porn.

the only thing thats correct are the pattern matching; color/textures are usually unworldly and the bodily proportions, silhouette and drape are almost always out of whack.
post #30 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
??? Where is this??? Did Manton call Will a communist too?

If you hold Will's blog up to a mirror or play it backwards, it all becomes clear.

Will has been known to wear an iron glove, bespoke of course.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Suitable Wardrobe