or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mail from H&K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mail from H&K

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I can confirm that our products are produced in different Countries including; Italy Portugal Scotland Northern Ireland Germany Also the reason the label does not have the Country on it anymore is because we have started manufacturing shirt in other Countries however it's the same company who make the labels for our shirts, these label are ordered in thousands and distributed to our warehouse where they are distributed by collar size to manufacturers. As you can imagine errors have been made and to avoid this we have one plain label now for all our shirts accept the few thousand "Made in Great Britain" labels we have left which are being used up.
post #2 of 14
argh... The two I just bought from Saks still have the old Made in England label. I do believe that all clothes sold in the US have to have Country of Origin labels, thought that was the same in Europe. Interesting and a tad saddening that the best British RTW shirt can no longer state that it is made in Britain...
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
argh... The two I just bought from Saks still have the old Made in England label.  I do believe that all clothes sold in the US have to have Country of Origin labels, thought that was the same in Europe.  Interesting and a tad saddening that the best British RTW shirt can no longer state that it is made in Britain...
At least this is not in the Third World.
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Does "including" mean that there are other countries?
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Does "including" mean that there are other countries?
Technically, yes. I would hope it's an exhaustive list. God damn it. Happy New Year, ernie.
post #6 of 14
One would at least like to see production limited to the British Isles.*sigh*
post #7 of 14
Quote:
One would at least like to see production limited to the British Isles.*sigh*
Notice that the verbiage in the response referred to "our products." H&K sells a lot of merchandise other than just shirts, and it wouldn't be surprising if the sweaters, for example, have a different country of origin from the shirts. I wonder if the shirts themselves are produced in many different countries.
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Notice that the verbiage in the response referred to "our products." H&K sells a lot of merchandise other than just shirts, and it wouldn't be surprising if the sweaters, for example, have a different country of origin from the shirts. I wonder if the shirts themselves are produced in many different countries.
Good point. Wanna ask them if the _shirts_ are made in the UK, Ernie?
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ 30 Dec. 2004, 4:44) Does "including" mean that there are other countries?
Technically, yes.  I would hope it's an exhaustive list. God damn it. Happy New Year, ernie.
In addition to "technically", I'd add: it's even probable. Esp. given the way the response was worded.
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(jcusey @ 30 Dec. 2004, 5:36) Notice that the verbiage in the response referred to "our products." H&K sells a lot of merchandise other than just shirts, and it wouldn't be surprising if the sweaters, for example, have a different country of origin from the shirts. I wonder if the shirts themselves are produced in many different countries.
Good point.  Wanna ask them if the _shirts_ are made in the UK, Ernie?
My question was about SHIRTS.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
My question was about SHIRTS.
But the answer referred to H&K products.
post #12 of 14
It seems that H&K is being as vague as possible while still trying to seem to answer the question.
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ 30 Dec. 2004, 9:41) My question was about SHIRTS.
But the answer referred to H&K products.
If shirts were made in UK and only other stuffs from Portugal, they wouldn't talk about Portugal. They could play on words if shirts were from Portugal but some stuffs form UK, by saying "products" are from UK.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
It seems that H&K is being as vague as possible while still trying to seem to answer the question.
They often do not even answer to emails. What about asking them information by email and comparing our answers? We could have surprises...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mail from H&K