or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bourbon. - Page 62

post #916 of 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Opened my last unopened bottle of Eagle Rare 17 year old last night. Man, I hope I can snag a few bottles of this in the fall. Ninety proof, and the best bourbon I've ever tasted; even manages to beat the Pappy Van Winkle 20 and 23 year olds.

Interesting that you have a hard time finding that. Up here in the North the ER17 is the last of the Antiques to go. I can still easily get the last two releases today if I was so inclined. GTS goes the quickest by a huge margin. Want me to send you a couple bottles?
post #917 of 2244
Pappy Van Winkle and Maker's Mark 46
post #918 of 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Opened my last unopened bottle of Eagle Rare 17 year old last night. Man, I hope I can snag a few bottles of this in the fall. Ninety proof, and the best bourbon I've ever tasted; even manages to beat the Pappy Van Winkle 20 and 23 year olds.

How much better is this than the standard 10yr bottling? I've read some reviews that said the difference the extra 7yrs in the barrel made was negligible, so I've been hesitant to try this....
post #919 of 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoung05 View Post
How much better is this than the standard 10yr bottling? I've read some reviews that said the difference the extra 7yrs in the barrel made was negligible, so I've been hesitant to try this....

Night and day. The shelves are full of the 10 year old, and I haven't bought it in over a year. Now the 10 year is a terrific bourbon for the price, but there's no comparison with the 17 yo IMO. If you get the chance, try both, I am sure you'll notice a big difference in taste, particularly the depth and complexity of the taste. If you have a sophisticated palate (I do not), I am quite sure you will notice a huge distinction.
post #920 of 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfred View Post
Maker's Mark 46

Tried to kop this today, someone cleaned the fucking store out.
post #921 of 2244
Hirsch 15 is another solid bourbon.
post #922 of 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Night and day. The shelves are full of the 10 year old, and I haven't bought it in over a year. Now the 10 year is a terrific bourbon for the price, but there's no comparison with the 17 yo IMO. If you get the chance, try both, I am sure you'll notice a big difference in taste, particularly the depth and complexity of the taste. If you have a sophisticated palate (I do not), I am quite sure you will notice a huge distinction.

dang. i always pass this up for the 10yr. i can get almost 3 bottles of the 10 year to 1 17yr, but i suppose i should try it.
post #923 of 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
dang. i always pass this up for the 10yr. i can get almost 3 bottles of the 10 year to 1 17yr, but i suppose i should try it.

You won't be disappointed.. I am having a glass right now..

Found the Maker's Mark 46, meh, not a fran..
post #924 of 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Night and day. The shelves are full of the 10 year old, and I haven't bought it in over a year. Now the 10 year is a terrific bourbon for the price, but there's no comparison with the 17 yo IMO. If you get the chance, try both, I am sure you'll notice a big difference in taste, particularly the depth and complexity of the taste. If you have a sophisticated palate (I do not), I am quite sure you will notice a huge distinction.

Ok, I will definitely have to try a bottle of this when I get the chance.

On another note, I just had some Old Weller 107 this weekend (based on the recommendation of someone at Chowhound) and man was it good -- for $22/750ml, it's hard to beat.
post #925 of 2244
In KY between Knoxville and, Lexington where do I buy the Bourbon, cheap ?
post #926 of 2244
alright gnatty, you have never led me astray. i will buy some and give it a taste.
post #927 of 2244
Do they have it in your socialist liquor stores there?

Its really good though, I have a couple bottles stashed away.
post #928 of 2244
Eagle Rare 17 =

Me feeling the morning after a bottle and many cigars =
post #929 of 2244
Tried a bottle of Hudson Baby Bourbon over the weekend. 100% corn and aged in 3L barrells as opposed to the standard 53L barrells. Thus, through greater surface area contact with the charred barrell it only requires 3 months of aging, hence, baby bourbon. While tasty, I found it quite sweet, but with a nice citrus note, some pepperiness and strong vanilla flavours. Quite expensive but worth a try if for no other reason than to try something new.
post #930 of 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post
Tried a bottle of Hudson Baby Bourbon over the weekend. 100% corn and aged in 3L barrells as opposed to the standard 53L barrells. Thus, through greater surface area contact with the charred barrell it only requires 3 months of aging, hence, baby bourbon. While tasty, I found it quite sweet, but with a nice citrus note, some pepperiness and strong vanilla flavours. Quite expensive but worth a try if for no other reason than to try something new.

It is pretty good for its age, but I'm not sure its worth the expense. Hudson's two most interesting products, in my opinion, are the single malt and the corn whiskey. The former tastes very strongly of pine, which I find to be quite cool, and the later like fresh corn bread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home