or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bourbon. - Page 177

post #2641 of 2702
I think it's good for the industry. That many new products means growth in demand for more high quality bourbons. The interesting thing will be to see what makes it once the bourbon bubble bursts and the vast majority of those drinking it move on to the next en vogue liquor
post #2642 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

That's my favorite go-to bottle. Wish Ohio carried it. Very very good, especially for the price, but even price notwithstanding.

I haven't seen it around (I'm in Cleveland) yet but it is listed here as being newly available in Ohio so I've been keeping my eyes open. I love that stuff. http://www.com.ohio.gov/documents/liqr_OhioSpiritsInsiderNovember2015newsletter.pdf
post #2643 of 2702
As the movers are arriving tomorrow morning to pack us up, just finished last year's bottle of Stagg...quite bittersweet.
post #2644 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post

As the movers are arriving tomorrow morning to pack us up, just finished last year's bottle of Stagg...quite bittersweet.

That was a good one.

@gnatty8, I hear you man. And every guy in the stores tries to sell you on this crap cause its the same they got sold.
post #2645 of 2702
Old Grand Dad BiB is now the same price as OWA in Michigan. OGD 114 is now well over $30. Have a bad feeling there's gonna be a larger run up on prices.
post #2646 of 2702
EC12 is now officially NAS.
post #2647 of 2702
It still says 12 years on the back right?
post #2648 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

It still says 12 years on the back right?

Don't think so, Minnick announced it was going totally NAS now.
post #2649 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

I think it's good for the industry. That many new products means growth in demand for more high quality bourbons. The interesting thing will be to see what makes it once the bourbon bubble bursts and the vast majority of those drinking it move on to the next en vogue liquor

I actually disagree. Poor quality "craft" bourbon is probably taking resources and consumer spending away from other, better quality bourbons that may not be as savvy with their marketing, and in the long run, I can't see that as being a good thing. Also, for people who have never had bourbon and their first foray is a bottle of Heaven's Meadows Single Barrel Small Batch Handcrafted in Kentucky (with Indiana white dog) Bourbon Whiskey, their disappointment may lose the bourbon industry a life long customer (I didn't drink rum for 2 decades because of an encounter with the wrong rum when I was in my teens) which also, cannot be good for the industry. Just my $0.02
post #2650 of 2702
Fair enough. I don't disagree with you. However, there are a fair number of good bourbons that have sprouted as a result, and I imagine whenever this bourbon bubble bursts, it'll be the marketing propped bourbons that will be the first to drop off (as their owners move to greener pastures). But I can also totally see what you mean. More shit product on the shelf means less money going towards the good product in sales, and then less good product available
post #2651 of 2702
Kentucky bourbon affair tix on sale.
post #2652 of 2702
I am a hoarder by nature. If I like the way a certain fit and wash of RRL denim looks on me, I will buy 3 for when the first wears out. Same with shoes. It paid off with bourbon, since I always worried there would be a time I couldn't find my favorite whiskies. About 4 years ago, I was lucky enough to get a case (4 bottles in each) of George T Stagg and Eagle Rare 17 year old. That same year I bought 4 bottles of PVW 20 yo and was gifted a bottle of 23 yo for Christmas. It was almost as if the next year, bourbon blew up on the interwebs, and stocks disappeared entirely. I drink my whiskey. I don't sell it, I don't trade it. It's an indulgence. Not an investment. I was bummed out last night when I went to open a fresh bottle of GTS and saw that I am now down to just 2 bottles, as well as 1 bottle of ER 17, 2 of PVW 20 and 1 of PVW 15. I am not sure I will ever find these again, since I would never in my life pay more than retail for whiskey. Yeah, it brings a tear to my eye (not really, but you know what I mean) but it was a good run while at lasted.
post #2653 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

I am a hoarder by nature. If I like the way a certain fit and wash of RRL denim looks on me, I will buy 3 for when the first wears out. Same with shoes. It paid off with bourbon, since I always worried there would be a time I couldn't find my favorite whiskies. About 4 years ago, I was lucky enough to get a case (4 bottles in each) of George T Stagg and Eagle Rare 17 year old. That same year I bought 4 bottles of PVW 20 yo and was gifted a bottle of 23 yo for Christmas. It was almost as if the next year, bourbon blew up on the interwebs, and stocks disappeared entirely. I drink my whiskey. I don't sell it, I don't trade it. It's an indulgence. Not an investment. I was bummed out last night when I went to open a fresh bottle of GTS and saw that I am now down to just 2 bottles, as well as 1 bottle of ER 17, 2 of PVW 20 and 1 of PVW 15. I am not sure I will ever find these again, since I would never in my life pay more than retail for whiskey. Yeah, it brings a tear to my eye (not really, but you know what I mean) but it was a good run while at lasted.

You still got Brigante!

Which I should mention, we will be doing another pick this Spring. The OESK we grabbed got rave reviews from just about everyone who has had it. I have created a facebook group for this next (and all future) Brigante charity picks. Shipping was an absolute nightmare on the last one as we had facebook buys, styleforum buys, private buys....so if anyone is interested in getting in on this one, please send me a friend request (Robert Brigante Rossicone) and I will add you to the group. Also, just shoot me a message letting me know your from SF wanting in on the Brigante II. This next one will be another Four Roses, and if you join I just ask that you take at lest two bottles from each pick we do. It's what I set for everyone involved to make sure we never get stuck. Of course, if you want more, this group will get first dibs. I'm pretty sure we can zip through a barrel or two among all the people we have in there.
post #2654 of 2702
^^ YES!
post #2655 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

^^ YES!

Shoot me a friend request on FB and I'll get you in there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home