or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Post pics of your outfit for me to criticize.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pics of your outfit for me to criticize..... - Page 7

post #91 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
You post a pic, I tell you what I think. Not sure what there is to get.

Your analysis seems pretty amateur (you miss a lot of essential points on fit). l think l will pass on your offer.
post #92 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Monks should not have medallions.

Why not? Who says they shouldn't have medallions? l would be interested in a genuine answer.
post #93 of 120
Sorry, I don't get it.

He asked for pictures of outfits and only get's pictures of "your outfit makes me want to vomit".

If I get it right (with reading the text) he wants to tell you the unpleasent truth about your good looking outfits?!
post #94 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lean View Post
Why not? Who says they shouldn't have medallions? l would be interested in a genuine answer.

Monks are named monks because of monks wore them. They had to be (like their living) simple. Are medallions simple??
post #95 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd View Post
Sorry, I don't get it.

He asked for pictures of outfits and only get's pictures of "your outfit makes me want to vomit".
Yes, that is the joke. A joke thread gets joke replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd View Post
If I get it right (with reading the text) he wants to tell you the unpleasent truth about your good looking outfits?!

Yes that's right. A non tailor telling everyone how bad there outfits look. l don't get it either.
post #96 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd View Post
Monks are named monks because of monks wore them. They had to be (like their living) simple. Are medallions simple??

Good explanation Mr Nerd. l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.
post #97 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lean View Post

Good explanation Mr Nerd.

l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.

Thanks.

Some like it classic, some like it fashioned forward. For some it is relevant, but I am fine with both (on Thurday I bought some pocketsquares for 10 Euros a piece. Then I came back on Friday to get another one. Then I saw a pair of Canali (CUOIO) double monks with captoe and thought they were several hundrets. With full retail they were 349 Euros. I tried them and it struck me, again. So last week it was a no for me. This week it is a yes to captoed double monks. ).
post #98 of 120
removed as I've made a thread of my critique instead
post #99 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
As my cautionary and entertaining last post of the evening, I believe this is the single worst combination that I have worn in the last year...so many things are wrong...my only plea for mercy was this was something that I wore for hanging out at home during a Sunday morning...

But don't hold back, fellahs: attack!



- B

Dangerously close to moose knuckle territory here
post #100 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lean View Post
Your analysis seems pretty amateur (you miss a lot of essential points on fit). l think l will pass on your offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lean View Post
Why not? Who says they shouldn't have medallions? l would be interested in a genuine answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lean View Post
Yes, that is the joke. A joke thread gets joke replies.



Yes that's right. A non tailor telling everyone how bad there outfits look. l don't get it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lean View Post
Good explanation Mr Nerd. l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.
Your weak-ass game needs work. Not to fear, Styleforum has the solution.
post #101 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
As my cautionary and entertaining last post of the evening, I believe this is the single worst combination that I have worn in the last year...so many things are wrong...my only plea for mercy was this was something that I wore for hanging out at home during a Sunday morning...

But don't hold back, fellahs: attack!



- B

I've seen this look somewhere before ...

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/C..._12p.widec.jpg
post #102 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
The tie is a Christmas special from Chipp. It reads "Bah Humbug."








I was too lazy to fasten the cuffs on the last one.

I'm glad you posted. Quick overview of the negatives, first two printed ties do nothing, I am not a fan of prints and I think for them to work the quality has to be very good and the design sharp. You can get away with a cheap woven but you cannot get away with a cheap print. I do not like striped odd jackets, might work in a more modern interpretation and with some details that distinguish it as an odd jacket. The second pocket square is also atrocious. But here is what I love about what you do and what is missing from a lot of posters outfits, your personality comes out in your dress. You have a style, you know what it is and how to apply it to your clothing. There are many outfits that I see on the fora that are tailored impeccably, have wonderful cloths but that have absolutely no style. We always here that fit trumpets all and I agree for the most part, but the clothing has to be alive when you wear it. Too much generic styling, we need more personality.
post #103 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers View Post

Hmmmm...pitched heels....

Cleverley?

And this is a completely valid question: a hairdo like that bridges the gap between hair and hat.

Well, I guess that's not really a question, but let's not let dictional confusion invalidate its validity.

- B
post #104 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I'm glad you posted. ... I am ... odd ... I love ... you ... in your dress. ....

Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but is there a hidden message here?
post #105 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
Your weak-ass game needs work. Not to fear, Styleforum has the solution.
deleted....not worth my time arguing with trolls.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Post pics of your outfit for me to criticize.....