Originally Posted by MetroStyles
What has your career path been like?
If you want to start from graduation of undergrad, it was:
1) Graduate (with plans laid for first graduate degree)
2) Right into a job that paid good middle class wages, hourly job.
3) A year later, get into grad school and at the same time, get first salaried position.
4) Two years of finding out salary = legalized slavery for those low on the totem pole and cramming time in to graduate on time.
5) Work another year for not so well paid government job, but one that nicely pads my resume.
7) Five years finding out legalized slavery at the bottom of the salary totem pole was nothing. The real hell is for those in the middle.
8) Started to see daylight.
9) Semi-regular schedule, unstructured days, high on tension meter due to responsibility, low on "the grind" meter.