• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wallet...in your front pocket or back pocket?

smoothie

Reaction score
Where you normally career your wallet?

Your front pockets?

Or your backpockets?

I always felt as if, carrying your wallet in your backpocket was unsafe. It could easily be pick pocketed or fall out.

But i tend not to like to carry my wallet in my front pockets. Too many bulges that can distract woman from the man bulge.
inlove.gif

Whats the other option? A manbag?
confused.gif

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
front chest pocket typically. back pocket if the pants are cut full.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breast wallet is IMO the only way to go. I had been waiting and wanting one for the last while and Canukers other half showed up with a Coach one as a surprise this weekend....First time walking around with it in the jacket and I love it. No more sitting on it and adjusting just a nice fit. Slim and easy to go in the front of my jeans, I have it in the front of some Incotex right now and its fine.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Screams for a poll. But you left of the manpurse option. Not me...just saying...not that there's anything wrong with that.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i use a credit card holder, then i just take the cash and fold it in half. Money clips are annoying and make a big display out of spending money, and i usually carry too much cash to fit in one.

HHD

Reaction score
Jacket or coat pocket, usually. I hate carrying a wallet in my back pocket more than I hate the unsightly bulges caused by mobile phones and wallets in jacket pockets.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wear my wallet in my pants unless Im in a place where I think leaving it my removed jacket is a bad idea. But a large or heavy wallet also throws the line of your jacket off. I use a very small credit card fold over that will hold a few bills. Even that drags my jacket down a bit. I suppose suits were designed at a time when men had credit everywhere and didnt need to carry wallets?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i see i'm not the only one who hates throwing off my jacket with cell phones and things.

I wish my pants had an extra pocket, a little slimmer for carry a cell in a way it wont get turned sideways and make even more of a goofy buldge.

smoothie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Screams for a poll. But you left of the manpurse option. Not me...just saying...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I wanted to, but couldn't for life of me figure out how to add one!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use a credit card holder but I do not keep it in my pant pockets. It is kept in my dress or casual jacket or I'll carry a portfolio to keep it there, along with my Blackberry, pen, keys, and other items.

JammieDodger

Reaction score
Front jeans or trouser pockets. I don't get why you'd stick it in your backpocket, anyone could take it.

benjaminarnold

Reaction score
back right pocket, unless i am wearing a suit in which case it goes in the inside breast pocket

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
If it's in my pants, it's usually in my front (left!) pocket.

Otherwise, it's in my backpack.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wallets have a tendency to turn into a small file cabinet full of receipts and whatnots. I've since moved on to a money clip-type wallet for cash, and credit card holder both in the front pockets. I used to put a thick wallet in my back pocket, but after a very long drive I found myself having this awful dull pain in my right lower back, the side where the wallet was.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Front pocket. Not only does carrying it in the back pocket leave you at risk of pickpocketing, it's back for your back to sit on one cheek all the time.

Jacket pocket is also a pickpocket risk. I usually take my jacket off when I sit, and then I'm always worried about walking away from my jacket and wallet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads