• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who don't know what/who Zee's are, they are a small outfit in HK making custom shoes. Address is Zee's Leatherware & Shoes 18 Far East Mansion Arcade G/f Middle Road Tsim Tsa Tsui I went to Zee's last Saturday to put into order a pair of spectators for my girlfriend (I believe she finally chose the EG malverns to base the design off). This time around, they had new skins from France to choose from in 4 colors - Dark blue - Burgundy - Dark Brown - Tan I was lured to try out a pair too in the new leathers and put in an order for a pair of Adelaides - will update this post w/ the specs and adelaides when I receive them a month later. I had previously ordered a pair of wholecuts pictured below
322210310_8bad1c51b2.jpg
322211975_f1ead4ae67.jpg
322211962_28283229c6.jpg
Also copied a members photos of his Zee's from this link fyr
Brown+derby5.jpg
Brown+derby2.jpg
Brown+derby1.jpg
Anyway, this time around, I was armed w/ my Camera and shot a few photos of the store for the forum.
p1010397ez8.jpg
p1010392ge5.jpg
Shoes...
p1010393gd1.jpg
p1010394lp4.jpg
As you can see, they have a lot of shoes made w/ exotic leathers.
smile.gif

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am going to post mine as support!
though i have not yet polished them well..

temporaryachilles

Reaction score
Great timing on this thread! I'm moving to HK in three weeks, and I was planning to try out Zee's and Mayer to see if they can do better than Allen Edmonds in dealing with my high instep.

Do you have any information on how Zee's makes their shoes? Also, do they speak English?

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they do speak English,
they are not offering goodyear welted shoes but still very nice construction with that price.
they offer dress shoes in their new imported french calf the price 1450 hkd

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by walneal
i am going to post mine as support!
though i have not yet polished them well..

look forward to seeing them!

schanop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
For those who don't know what/who Zee's are, they are a small outfit in HK making custom shoes. Address is

Zee's Leatherware & Shoes
18 Far East Mansion Arcade
G/f Middle Road
Tsim Tsa Tsui

[skip]

Also copied a members photos of his Zee's from this link fyr
Brown+derby5.jpg

Brown+derby2.jpg

Brown+derby1.jpg

[skip]

Those have finally turned into my dancing shoes now. I was thinking of it as a convertible
street shoes/dancing shoes, but had been converted to good year welt shoes since. I had
blake stitching and tight fitting for this pair and that makes a very good dancing shoes but
not so comfortable street shoes. There are a few more pairs that I got from them, will
post some more pictures soon.

mrmax

Reaction score
I had a poor experience with Zee's but I believe this was mostly due to the lack of quality materials (he cancelled my order midway with the excuse of running out of leather).

But with this new leather I might be tempted to revisit. Is pricing the same? HK$1000-1200?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by schanop
Those have finally turned into my dancing shoes now. I was thinking of it as a convertible
street shoes/dancing shoes, but had been converted to good year welt shoes since. I had
blake stitching and tight fitting for this pair and that makes a very good dancing shoes but
not so comfortable street shoes. There are a few more pairs that I got from them, will
post some more pictures soon.

Schanop,

Could you tell us where you get those shoes converted to goodyear welt shoe? In HK? Which shop? Thanks.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tolietduck,

Why not make some antiquing to your shoes? I think it will look great on them.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price on new leathers are 1450 HKD. Fishball - I actually ordered that leather w/ some self-antiquing in mind. I will try to get some better photos, but here is the result from the first time I attempted it a year ago - the antiquing was very temporary due to my laziness
biggrin.gif
945916dsc00145.jpg
402375dsc00142.jpg

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
aniline leathers are not so great for antiquing IMO esp the cheaper poorer quality leathers

schanop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
Schanop,

Could you tell us where you get those shoes converted to goodyear welt shoe? In HK? Which shop? Thanks.

Sorry to mislead a little bit. Not so long ago, I don't have a any goodyear welt shoes at all.
The first pair of decent shoes I bought was Alden 9015 and since had been sold to goodyear welt shoes. Zee however told me that he could convert his shoes to goodyear welt if desired when I need to resole the shoes.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Walneal said they don't do goodyear welt, I thought they don't do it.
So, they can make goodyear weled shoe if you ask for it, right?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
Since Walneal said they don't do goodyear welt, I thought they don't do it.
So, they can make goodyear weled shoe if you ask for it, right?

no one can do good year welt in HK FWIW

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads