I was in the store again today and he had this shoe on the shelf. I asked him about it and Peter Lee had it made for Zee for being in the shoe business for 50 years.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Foreman Chukka Boot size 10 Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- New Alden Regina Wingtip Boot, 11 EEE, Commando Last post on Today at 3:43 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling Mitchell Midnight Blue Calf US13.5E Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Item picture Ralph Lauren Purple Label Gray Cashmere Sport Coat 46R Last post on Today at 3:30 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Item picture John Lobb UK 11E "William" Black Monks Last post on Today at 3:28 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co. - Page 27
Got my second pair of Zee's - A pair of brown double monks.
I gave them pictures from http://www.sidmashburn.com/sid-mashburn-double-monk-strap-brown-burnish.html to copy . i asked for a more rounded/conservative toe, since the other double monk samples at their store are too pointy for my taste, however the toe ended up being a little too square-ish. The shoes are quite chunky but i actually like them that way.
I experimented with some leather dyes and actually ended up with a dark brownish burgundy color (original color was more similar to the Sid Mashburns).
These have been worn about half a dozen times.
More photos are uploaded onto their facebook page. They also have the photos in store, so you can easily ask them to reproduce anything you like.
Edited by guyver00 - 12/14/11 at 6:57pm
Can Zee's, or others, make a more casual shoe, such as a Tod's driving moc
I have a very narrow foot, so selection is always limited
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 45 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Alden 979 Longwing Blucher 10D in Burnished Tan Calf 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...