or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quik Rundown on Post-Christmas Sales in Manhattan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quik Rundown on Post-Christmas Sales in Manhattan - Page 5

post #61 of 105
You wouldn't happen to have location/schedule info for the warehouse sale would you? -s
post #62 of 105
Quote:
You wouldn't happen to have location/schedule info for the warehouse sale would you?
It's always been at a warehouse on 23rd near 8th Ave.  I don't know anything about a schedule. dan
post #63 of 105
this may be deemed a stupid question - what is c21 and where is it? i'm from NC and recently spent the last week of dec/jan in NYC and shopped my ass off although i didn't come home with much (damn, that means another trip soon -hehe), but i have never heard of c21 - sounds like they have a pretty good selection. are they a discounter? loved the experience at bergdorf's while in NYC, although i didn't get much - thanks for the help.
post #64 of 105
Quote:
this may be deemed a stupid question - what is c21 and where is it? i'm from NC and recently spent the last week of dec/jan in NYC and shopped my ass off although i didn't come home with much (damn, that means another trip soon -hehe), but i have never heard of c21 - sounds like they have a pretty good selection.  are they a discounter? loved the experience at bergdorf's while in NYC, although i didn't get much - thanks for the help.
It's an absolutely gigantic discount store in lower Manhattan (Cortlandt St. at Broadway).  Think of your typical Loehmann's or Filene's Basement but 20 times bigger.  Most of what they sell is junk, but they do have a decent selection of high-end stuff. www.c21stores.com
post #65 of 105
Quote:
Barneys Warehouse Sales starting next Thur. 2/17 thru 3/6/05.  I expect additional markdowns during the final weekend.
I've seen the date listed unofficially with no times or locations.  Has anyone seen anything definitive including time and place? dan
post #66 of 105
This was on DailyCandy.com today. What: Barneys Warehouse Sale When: 2/17-3/6; Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Where: 255 West 17th Street, between Seventh and Eighth Avenues (212-450-8400). Why: Expect long lines and cat clawing, as well as designer men's and women's clothing, footwear, accessories, baby stuff, and housewares "” all at up to 80 percent off.
post #67 of 105
Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am. Also, additional mark down at C21. Isaia suits are now $350, Brioni suits $560.
post #68 of 105
Quote:
Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am.
Are you referring to Barney's Warehouse Sale?  They're opening a day early?
post #69 of 105
Quote:
Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am. Also, additional mark down at C21. Isaia suits are now $350, Brioni suits $560.
Quote:
Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am. Also, additional mark down at C21. Isaia suits are now $350, Brioni suits $560.
Damnit. Does anyone know if C21 does price adjustments? I'd love to get that Brioni dropped another $140 if i can... -s
post #70 of 105
If anyone sees a nice 42L, please let me know. Wishful thinking I suppose...sigh.
post #71 of 105
Quote:
Quote:
(von Rothbart @ Feb. 15 2005,14:08) Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am.
Are you referring to Barney's Warehouse Sale?  They're opening a day early?
Sorry, my bad. I thought today's Wed. They open at 8am this Thur. and Fri. only.
post #72 of 105
Any reports from Barney's? I've been too busy to go down and look (which is undoubtedly a good thing). koji
post #73 of 105
Quote:
Quote:
(von Rothbart @ Feb. 15 2005,11:08) Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am. Also, additional mark down at C21.  Isaia suits are now $350, Brioni suits $560.
Quote:
Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am. Also, additional mark down at C21.  Isaia suits are now $350, Brioni suits $560.
Damnit.  Does anyone know if C21 does price adjustments?  I'd love to get that Brioni dropped another $140 if i can... -s
I don't know if they'd do a price adjustment. If you can find the same suit, buy it at $560 and return the one you bought at $700. Or return it or wait for it to return to the selling floor.
post #74 of 105
Quote:
Quote:
(von Rothbart @ Feb. 15 2005,11:08) Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am. Also, additional mark down at C21.  Isaia suits are now $350, Brioni suits $560.
Quote:
Tomorrow and Fri opens early at 8am. Also, additional mark down at C21.  Isaia suits are now $350, Brioni suits $560.
Damnit.  Does anyone know if C21 does price adjustments?  I'd love to get that Brioni dropped another $140 if i can... -s
Don't know for sure, but I can definitely tell you that they have an adjustments desk. It's where you have to bring anything with the tag removed. I would imagine they could do it. It's on the first level, between the casual and designer sections, next to the steps/ramp. Dan
post #75 of 105
I stopped by the Barney's warehouse sale this morning. I was only looking for shoes and casual outerwear. I was a little disappointed with the shoes. All of the C&J were benchgrade rather than handgrade. They had what looked like a Connaught (benchgrade captoe w/o brogueing) in tobacco suede in almost every size (I didn't look much past the sizes 7-9 rack) for about $200. There were some wearable Pelusos, Lidforts, and Ferragamos, but nothing that tempted me to dip into my saving-for-Weymouths fund. Should any of you stop by and find that they've brought out a secret stash of C&J Handgrades, let me know. dan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quik Rundown on Post-Christmas Sales in Manhattan