• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone tried www.tailoredshirts.com?

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about ordering my first MTM shirts online, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this site. I got the fabric samples and they seemed pretty good. This site looks a little high end; the shirts are more expensive with fewer fabric and customization options than www.tailorstore.com (it seems). And also, I tried looking up Jantzen, but that website is just difficult to navigate.

So what are your recommendations on where to go first? And while I'm at it, how do I order from Jantzen? Should I just call them up? Btw, the modern formal suit on their front page looks pretty sweet.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad. It seems as though www.tailoredshirts.com has shifted it's focus to retailers and such, within the past 6 months it seems too.

kngrimm

Reaction score
Please let us know how it turns out...

uirugger

Reaction score
I'm new to the MTM shirt community and ordered two shirts last month, one from www.tailorstore.com and one from Jantzen. Received my tailorstore shirt few days ago, not bad, as far as fit goes it's better than any OTR shirt I've purchased. I want to purchase another one from them, but their fabric selection is so limited and I'm just not willing to shell out for the more expensive fabrics yet. I am still waiting to receive the Jantzen shirt.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you tell us what measurements you submitted to Tailor store and the measurements of the shirt they sent you?

K

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Yeah, I got some fabric samples from them less than a month ago, but when I went to try ordering today it looks they only do wholesale now...

Instead I ordered one shirt from each of the following sites:

http://www.nialma.com/
http://www.tailorstore.co.uk
http://www.bestcustomshirt.com/
http://www.mytailor.com/

Will be interesting to see how the quality compares between them...

Hmm...thanks for the suggestions! I'm really thinking about getting some from www.nialma.com. Their buy 3 get one free deal looks very tempting. Let me know how they turn out. The selection form bestcustomshirt and mytailor is pretty ridiculously awesome though, especially their prices.

coogie

Reaction score
how did the tests of each go? i have tried 3 of the 4 myself

scot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Can you tell us what measurements you submitted to Tailor store and the measurements of the shirt they sent you?

K

I have a few tailorstore shirts. They are exactly as specified in my measurements section.

If they only had better fabrics....

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scot
I have a few tailorstore shirts. They are exactly as specified in my measurements section.

If they only had better fabrics....

When you submit your chest or waist measurements they have to add something. How much they add will determine the fit of the shirt right?

K

sabvinnie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
When you submit your chest or waist measurements they have to add something. How much they add will determine the fit of the shirt right?

K

As a general rule that is correct - some of my slim fits are made with only an inch added (I had to specially request this) - as I have got a bit older I prefer a couple of inches... You can also add darts to adjust the fit - mainly only if you are skinny like me:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads