or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Inseam Compared to Height
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inseam Compared to Height

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 
I am 6'1 and I have always wore a 34 inseam. I was told recently by somebody in the fashion industry that that was too long for my height and that I should be wearing a 32". Is there a table with this kind of info on the internet?


What is your height compared to your inseam?

Me - 6'1", 34
post #2 of 44
I'm 5'5" and have no problem wearing 34" inseams. It just depends on the type of pants you're wearing.
post #3 of 44
5'9" - 30" inseam
post #4 of 44
Well obviously it depends on how tall your legs are...someone may have a freakishly long / short torso. Also, some stuff looks good stacked, some doesnt EDIT: but to make a blanket statement that "oh, you're 6'1''? you should wear 32'' inseam" is profoundly dumb
post #5 of 44
5"8 - trouser inseam i like to be 29.5" for no break at all
jean inseam i like to be 32" on bigger hems and 34" on smaller hems
post #6 of 44
6'2 and i like at least a 36inseam. but i make do with 34's..i wear my apc NS,NC and those are 34/35ish
post #7 of 44
6'1" and 32", although I do 30" pretty often. Either I have really short legs or you people are nuts.
post #8 of 44
6'2" (hope I made the conversion well, that would be 188 cm) and 33" seems to be perfect.
post #9 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
6'1" and 32", although I do 30" pretty often. Either I have really short legs or you people are nuts.

6'1" and 32". 34" is way long. I get stacking with 32" if the leg opening is slim. 34" and bootcut would go under my shoes and ruin the jeans. They are probably nuts
post #10 of 44
5'11'' and 32 or 30. 31 is probably perfect.
post #11 of 44
6' and 32-34 depending on the pants.
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Room View Post
6'1" and 32". 34" is way long. I get stacking with 32" if the leg opening is slim. 34" and bootcut would go under my shoes and ruin the jeans. They are probably nuts
I go 32" on all pants and 32" on all bootcuts. I have a couple 30s and a couple 32s in regular, straight leg jeans. 31" is probably about right, but I've always been confused with people I know are my height or shorter than me buying like 34"-36" jeans in this subforum.
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeF4 View Post
I am 6'1 and I have always wore a 34 inseam. I was told recently by somebody in the fashion industry that that was too long for my height and that I should be wearing a 32". Is there a table with this kind of info on the internet?


What is your height compared to your inseam?

Me - 6'1", 34

No offense to you at all. But, whoever told you that is an idiot. Your inseam is what it is. If you have a 34" and wear a 32" inseam pants you'll look like Jethro Bodine.

BTW I'm 5' 9" and have a 32.5" inseam. Proportionatley I have long legs. My son is 5' 10" with a 29" inseam proportionatley very short legs. Neither one of us can do anything about it.

Tim
post #14 of 44
I've never bought anything "no-break" so I have no idea.
post #15 of 44
5'11 and I like my jeans to have a 36" inseam if i stack them, which i do with all of my jeans.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Inseam Compared to Height