or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Spectator Porn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spectator Porn - Page 35

post #511 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close Hoarse View Post

Did someone mention Allen Edmonds Spectators?




Custom made Neumok Macneils.

Not quite correctly done to vintage style but not bad. AE still makes a decent shoe. That said, some of the color combos are quite clown-shoe like.
post #512 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post


Not quite correctly done to vintage style but not bad. AE still makes a decent shoe. That said, some of the color combos are quite clown-shoe like.

 

These were special ordered, but not claimed. Many are school colors, I think. The navy and white and gorgeous with grain leather.

 

CH

post #513 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close Hoarse View Post

Did someone mention Allen Edmonds Spectators?

 

 

Custom made Neumok Macneils.

 

 

CH, I'm glad there's someone here who knows AE products so well!  A question if I may: are all the leathers for the Neumok in that "distressed" finish (that I don't like!)?  

 

Also, it frustrates me that the bold colours for the Neumok don't appear as options for the MacNeil, Strand or McAllister, and the more traditional leather colours for those shoes, don't appear as options for the Neumok.  I'd love to order the McAllister with a bolder colour.  Also, no coloured suede beyond black and brown?  Is it possible to order any other colour combinations beyond what is offered on the website custom page?

post #514 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

 

CH, I'm glad there's someone here who knows AE products so well!  A question if I may: are all the leathers for the Neumok in that "distressed" finish (that I don't like!)?  

 

Also, it frustrates me that the bold colours for the Neumok don't appear as options for the MacNeil, Strand or McAllister, and the more traditional leather colours for those shoes, don't appear as options for the Neumok.  I'd love to order the McAllister with a bolder colour.  Also, no coloured suede beyond black and brown?  Is it possible to order any other colour combinations beyond what is offered on the website custom page?

 

So far as I know, they are all the same leather. I suggest you call AE direct. They offer a wide variety of options for about $100 for most of them.

 

CH

post #515 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post


CH, I'm glad there's someone here who knows AE products so well!  A question if I may: are all the leathers for the Neumok in that "distressed" finish (that I don't like!)?  

Also, it frustrates me that the bold colours for the Neumok don't appear as options for the MacNeil, Strand or McAllister, and the more traditional leather colours for those shoes, don't appear as options for the Neumok.  I'd love to order the McAllister with a bolder colour.  Also, no coloured suede beyond black and brown?  Is it possible to order any other colour combinations beyond what is offered on the website custom page?

Based on your regular postings and brand preferences, you might be a bit disappointed by the modern AE quality.

I suggest that, if you go AE, ALWAYS get the grain leather. The smooth leather offerings are inconsistent to say the least... with some being decent calf, and others plasticky CG.
post #516 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close Hoarse View Post

 

So far as I know, they are all the same leather. I suggest you call AE direct. They offer a wide variety of options for about $100 for most of them.

 

CH

 

That's good to know.  It's just the Neumoks I've seen seem to all have this rough, matte-finished leather for a casual look.  I can't abide it.  Thanks for the tip - I wasn't sure if the online selections were prescriptive.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post


Based on your regular postings and brand preferences, you might be a bit disappointed by the modern AE quality.

I suggest that, if you go AE, ALWAYS get the grain leather. The smooth leather offerings are inconsistent to say the least... with some being decent calf, and others plasticky CG.

 

Sir, I'm flattered that you'd notice!  My only AE's are a pair of shark skin saddles.  My sole complaint is that they are surprisingly shallow in the instep, but apart from that they seem rather good for the money.  I take your advice though.

post #517 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post


Sir, I'm flattered that you'd notice!  My only AE's are a pair of shark skin saddles.  My sole complaint is that they are surprisingly shallow in the instep, but apart from that they seem rather good for the money.  I take your advice though.

I know that shark saddle model well.

shark9.jpg

Well over 30 years old! Back then, AE REALLY made a shoe.
post #518 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post



Stefano Bemer Spectators


These would be fun to wear!
post #519 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchingdetails2002 View Post

These would be fun to wear!

ouch, my eyes! All one would need is facepaint and a sturdy horn to honk to complete the outfit. colors?
post #520 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post


I know that shark saddle model well.

shark9.jpg

Well over 30 years old! Back then, AE REALLY made a shoe.

 

Yours are much nicer.  Mine really very modest in comparison:

 

 

700

post #521 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Yours are much nicer.  Mine really very modest in comparison:


700

LOVIN' those laces!
post #522 of 750
This thread has convinced me spectators are either sublime or awful. And that there are many, many more awful ones than sublime ones.
post #523 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

This thread has convinced me spectators are either sublime or awful. And that there are many, many more awful ones than sublime ones.

I wish I could give you a thousand thumbs for this comment.
post #524 of 750
1940's Vintage Stetson Spectators.

Traditional style.


stetsonspectatorshoes1.jpg
post #525 of 750
Having problems with links for some reason...

stetsonspectatorshoes4.jpg

stetsonspectatorshoes5.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Spectator Porn