or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Spectator Porn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spectator Porn - Page 31

post #451 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

Nice choice for your new shoes.  They really are beautiful.

 

I would recommend using the renovator of choice (go, on, say "renovateeeeur" just because it's a French one!) - I use an all-natural-but-no-dead-minks-in-it one called Renopur, which is awesome.  But whatever.  Use that all over. Wipe off any excess with separate cloths on the brown and white parts until the cloth comes up clean.  Then use a tan/brown cream on the dark parts, and again buff until the cloth comes up clean.  Then use a clear wax all over to get the shine.

 

I think that's the best way of maintaining colour on the toe without risking any overspill onto the white once you get into the polishing stage.

Thank you sir.

 

Not much difference than any other shoe I guess, I was just a bit hesitant because the of the white. Thanks for clear concise and easy to follow instructions.


Edited by dddrees - 2/25/13 at 4:09am
post #452 of 714

This thread is fantastic, and I definitely ended up expanding my wish list, but I guess I could throw up a couple spectators of my own.

 

For one, I posted this picture of my Brooks Brothers (by AE) tan calf and linen kilt-laced spectators in the AE thread...

 

 

 

Since then, they've received a little bit of Saphir creme and really started picking up a nice color and sheen.

post #453 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

This thread is fantastic, and I definitely ended up expanding my wish list, but I guess I could throw up a couple spectators of my own.

 

For one, I posted this picture of my Brooks Brothers (by AE) tan calf and linen kilt-laced spectators in the AE thread...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Since then, they've received a little bit of Saphir creme and really started picking up a nice color and sheen.

Nice pickup, Congrats.

post #454 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Nice pickup, Congrats.

 

Thanks.

 

As far as spectators, I just have those and my brown leather/linen AE Strawfut, but the Carmina suede ones are really calling to me. If I can find them available in my size, I may give a pair a home.

post #455 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

Thanks.

 

 the Carmina suede ones are really calling to me

 

That Siren voice is calling to me too!

post #456 of 714

Now that I have them, I thought I would take a picture of them.

 

post #457 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Now that I have them, I thought I would take a picture of them.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Those are terrific.

post #458 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

Those are terrific.

Thank you sir.

post #459 of 714

Starting to really dig spectators.

 

These technichally may not be spectators because they don't have any white in them, but working on trying to get a pair anyway.

 

From Skoaktiebolagets' website.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

post #460 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Starting to really dig spectators.

 

These technichally may not be spectators because they don't have any white in them, but working on trying to get a pair anyway.

 

From Skoaktiebolagets' website.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

Those are the very ones I was aiming to bring home, but they apparently don't stock them in anything below a 7UK, and I'm just under that (6.5UK, give or take). I asked them if they'd special order them or something, but I haven't hear back yet.

post #461 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

Those are the very ones I was aiming to bring home, but they apparently don't stock them in anything below a 7UK, and I'm just under that (6.5UK, give or take). I asked them if they'd special order them or something, but I haven't hear back yet.

I PMed Leaves this evening and Patrik his assistant responded fairly quickly to me. You might want to try contacting them by PM.

 

 

Either that or post a message in their affilate thread.

 

 

Good luck.

post #462 of 714

They definitely count as spectators.  And you should definitely have them. 

post #463 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

They definitely count as spectators.  And you should definitely have them. 

That's what I was thinking.

 

 

Hopefully they have some in my size.

 

Still waiting to hear back.

 

Of course I contacted them intially this evening, so I imagine they are sleeping now.

post #464 of 714
dddrees, that's a great pair you have there. I first saw the model of BS's webstore a few years back, it's stuck with me since. Have you tried light-brown laces yet? They'd give some great contrast on the white tongue.
post #465 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

dddrees, that's a great pair you have there. I first saw the model of BS's webstore a few years back, it's stuck with me since. Have you tried light-brown laces yet? They'd give some great contrast on the white tongue.

I actually just got them about a week ago, and I have yet to wear them yet because it's still winter here.

 

 

But that's an excellent idea, I think your probably right. I'll have to give that a shot.

 

 

Are you still contemplating getting a pair?

 

Thanks,

 

Dan

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Spectator Porn