• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for casual button-up oxford-type shirts USA-made

Shorty Long

Reaction score
can anyone help? I'm hoping to spend no more than $100. Thanks in advance

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Band of Outsiders on sale is under $100

otherwise, under $100 retail and "made in USA" is hard combo to find

jkennett

Reaction score
Gitman Brothers makes shirts in Pennsylvania for their own brand as well as Burberry and Thom Browne. The Burberry shirts are regularly in Off 5th. They won't fit like BOO though.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
What about american apparel? Their shirts are about $60 or something and they always advertise that everything is made in LA at non-slave wages (although, some might consider minimum wage that). I haven't actually laid hands on them so i don't know about the fit and quality. Knowing AA the quality is probably passable but not great. I heard they don't fit as slim as other AA stuff though so maybe size down?

JOA

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Slim Fit oxford buttondowns are USA made and only $79.50.

totally epic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
What about american apparel? Their shirts are about $60 or something and they always advertise that everything is made in LA at non-slave wages (although, some might consider minimum wage that). I haven't actually laid hands on them so i don't know about the fit and quality. Knowing AA the quality is probably passable but not great. I heard they don't fit as slim as other AA stuff though so maybe size down?
AA quality = ****.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea the quality and fit are not so good for the AA button down... it was a gift and I permastained it by accident. I didn't feel too bad

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Black Fleece on sale.

Shorty Long

Reaction score
I appreciate the info. Regarding Brooks Brothers...according to their website...their slim fit sports shirts are imported. Here's the description of one... Slim Fit Washed Thin Stripe Sport Shirt \t\tPure cotton garment washed broadcloth. The Original PoloÂ
00ae.png
button-down collar. Left chest pocket. Superdurable logo buttons. Signature shirring at barrel cuffs. Machine wash. Imported.
Upon zooming in on the label it says...MADE IN CHINA!

JOA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxnharry
Mercer-made in the US by a small Maine based company. $92.50. Might be a little full cut though.

http://mercerandsons.com/

VERY full cut. I purchased one "slimmed down" and it was still bigger than Brooks Traditional Fit. Fabric is suberb, however, as are the little details they'll do for you. Plus, they give a 20-25% discount on a first order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads