• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Worst WAYWT Thread

LooseChange

Reaction score
A guy on page 8 was flamed pretty hard when he posted over here at SF, then talking about his Steve Madden shoes he goes, "They got flamed pretty hard on SF, but I hate how 99% of everyone there dresses anyways." Anyways, have you checked out the blog though? http://www.kinowear.com/blog/ I actually like it a lot.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*in reference to SF*
Originally Posted by Flight
they make me laugh
Originally Posted by Flight
HPIM0131.jpg

rotflmao.gif
EDIT: Ahh, I see you are a member LooseChange. I understand your style a lot more now. Edit Again: I'm enjoying myself browsing through these forums and I recently saw a topic where a guy wanted to redo his entire wardrobe. He said he had saved up $3400. It pains me to know that this was all wasted =/

Arcane

Reaction score
no wonder he dress like that when he lives inside a trashcan with brick wallpaper

modagg

Reaction score
It appears Kinowear is a forum to learn about the art of "peacocking". Apparently thru the use of loud colors, it attracts girls; similarly to the male peacock's use of huge colored feathers to get tail.

LooseChange

Reaction score
1244906059_c3112e372c.jpg
And the women come running. Seriously though, there's a lot of ideas behind that "peacocking" thing. Just my two cents; don't miss out on reading the articles on the blog just because the forums are ummm, not up to par.

Tcameron

Reaction score
I'll agree the blog over there isn't terrible, but keep in mind these people have simply different tastes that people here at Style Forum. (I will concede that Steve Madden shoes are distasteful in any situation, however.)

Kinowear - make her look twice*

*so long as you have time to slip the ruffee in her drink in between.

clarity

Reaction score
Reading those forum labels(kinowear, make her look twice) my expectations was maybe something a bit more elegant and interesting.

I find it ironic how the bottom of page 8 is "lol SF" and then page 9 is "hey look at their discount codes guys!" But I think the poster 'kev07' seems respectable in what he says after the random spams our discount codes.

The last pic on page 9 got a good chuckle out of me before I exited the window though.

modagg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tcameron
I'll agree the blog over there isn't terrible, but keep in mind these people have simply different tastes that people here at Style Forum. (I will concede that Steve Madden shoes are distasteful in any situation, however.)

Kinowear - make her look twice*

*so long as you have time to slip the ruffee in her drink in between.

Right, they seem to be concerned with things like fit and getting good deals (remind you of another site?) and don't seem to want to look like billboards (how most "stylish" teens dress). For a bunch of hs kids, I'm impressed.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modagg
It appears Kinowear is a forum to learn about the art of "peacocking". Apparently thru the use of loud colors, it attracts girls; similarly to the male peacock's use of huge colored feathers to get tail.

Wow.

This comes from a buddy of mine died laughing when he read and insisted I read it as well: The Game by Neill Strauss. It's a true personal narrative about a balding Rolling Stone reporter who infiltrated the U.S. "pick-up artist community" and became the world's "foremost pickup artist". Exploits include living in a mansion with other pickup artists where Courtney Love would pay visits.

While the fact that the "pick up community" exists is scary, the book was actually a quick, entertaining, hilarious read. Recommended.

Oh...and the idea of "peacocking" was to intentionally look like a jackass...to wear gawdy clothing as to literally make a woman pick you out of a crowd.

hisroadside

Reaction score
one post advised the wear of combat boots. HOLY ****!!!!! Combat boots are well suited for....Combat, hell even soldiers avoid combat boots as much as possible because of how painful they are, not to mention they look like combat boots, functional not stylish. some of these guys dress ok, nothing spectacular in either direction really. I think theres just a wide difference in taste and reason for dressing a particular way. It seems they get love from the ladies and Ill vouch on wearing bright colors and other douchebaggery items as getting attention from good looking and very respectable gals.....and trampy ones as well.

the game is a must read, its unbelievable and a great laugh/ time.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hehe, that's funny. I saw Mystery at a club in Hollywood a couple weeks ago.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. Though, some socially awkward dude did come up to one of the girls with us with some mystery-esque tactics. Must've been one of his clients.

Hope they weren't taping the show, I'm not trying to be on TV.

hisroadside

Reaction score
did he pull the old "me and my friend got a pet kangaroo for our appartment" there was another standard pick up line but I dont remember it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads