or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Worst WAYWT Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Worst WAYWT Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 190
all about "peacocking". Chicks are just looking to see that you dress differently. If you are super confident and know how to attract them, then you could technically get them by wearing a thong bikini. But looking nice makes it easier.

You don't need to dress flashy, SF-approved outfits will do. But even in SF-approved outfits, you are still standing out as looking differently. In fact, I'd say SF outfits probably stand out more because not as many people wear suits properly, etc. I get lots of looks and pointing and even sometimes ridicule by what I consider relatively tame (often trad) outfits.

In the end though, if you know you're the shit, then people will pick up on it. I literally cringe thinking about some of the outfits I wore when I first came to SF.
post #92 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by cufflinks View Post
I don't think these guys are necessarily about following trends. A few of them might be, but a great many are all about the fit and the details as you say. The blog itself actually has entire articles stressing the importance of good fit.
followed by a post touting the virtues of this shirt. As a lot of people have stated here...it's good that they want to break the mold but they do it by mixing and matching pieces of the same low quality of clothes they used to wear. I think the best part about places like SF is the introduction to niche brands that people especially outside of major city would never encounter. It doesn't help that their community is united under the subtext of desperation and creepiness
post #93 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
The average person dresses like utter shit. Being better dressed than the average person is not a compliment in anyway.
I disagree. Dressing better than total shit is at LEAST a step in the right direction. Some of the stuff in the blog are okay, even nice! I wouldn't wear it myself, but I wouldn't think someone wearing it was a completely lost cause. I particularly like this article on Asian casual style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
In fact, I'd say SF outfits probably stand out more because not as many people wear suits properly, etc. I get lots of looks and pointing and even sometimes ridicule by what I consider relatively tame (often trad) outfits.
In Australia, especially at a university dressing in a suit at all is considered way over the top, and I stick out a lot. And that's when I'm not even wearing a tie... and my suits aren't even particularly nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoon View Post
followed by a post touting the virtues of this shirt. As a lot of people have stated here...it's good that they want to break the mold but they do it by mixing and matching pieces of the same low quality of clothes they used to wear.
I think someone could pull that off. The graphic is unnecessary though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoon View Post
It doesn't help that their community is united under the subtext of desperation and creepiness
True true.
post #94 of 190
finding your own style is the ultimate goal. but it's tough, really tough.
post #95 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
Oh my god, please tell me that no one has done this. Please please please.
Desperation is a stinky cologne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
To them it's all about outdoing one another, which is why they would applaud such gaudy tacky outfits. Loud outfits, to me, is not a replacement for good fit.
Maybe in the case of the forum posters, but in general, (as I've posted before on some thread that got into the issue of stripey shirts and other obnoxious clothing for men on the prowl), wearing things that look well out of the "safe" range of things actually displays some vague sense of confidence to onlookers. The rationale being that, assuming you also can speak and prove you are not just foreign or totally clueless to reality, you must be reasonably confident that you can go out in public wearing something outlandish and not get your ass kicked. Also, unusual clothing is something that can be an easy conversation piece to break the ice between people. For example (I'm not recommending this, nor was I intending to "peacock", but) I wore the Hawaiian shirt that Rye made fun of to a bar, and two different, unrelated girls commented positively on it and started talking to me because of it (or at least it gave them an excuse). I'm not making a habit of wearing weird stuff based on that experience, but it's hard to deny that it does have an effect. OTOH, one could potentially get the same effect by wearing something like a Jason-approved mod suit outfit, but the problem there is that unless you also seem like a fun person, people will more likely think you are weird, or an accountant or something. Anyway, while some of that whole culture is quite creepy (okay, a lot of it) I have to applaud their efforts, however misguided, to improve their social lives. Too many people settle for too little, IMO. And also, I have to figure out how to make money on it.
post #96 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraka View Post
The examples in his article are real good, none of his followers look anything close to those examples though.
post #97 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_5 View Post
Naw style forum.

The people there are so stuck up, so it really doesn't bother me.
example
"I don't trust shoes that retail under $500"
Not to mention nearly 90% of the people in their waywt would get flamed to death over here, so it all balances out

EDIT: Heres the latest two pics of the guys that are the main ones flaming me. I thought the second guy was a girl lol. It was the second guy that said the thing about the shoes. Keep in mind both of these guys probably paid around 3k to upwards of 5k for the outfits their wearing. Also, Im not going to post their pics out of privacy, but their linked if you wanna click them.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...04-08_1258.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/...939dda4bed.jpg

I'll take that as a compliment; I wonder if they've seen Chris's pictures?
post #98 of 190
I was wondering how nuts they would go over Fade2Black, Chris, and some of SoCals more adventurous outfits.
post #99 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
I was wondering how nuts they would go over Fade2Black, Chris, and some of SoCals more adventurous outfits.
Let's troll their forum using those pics by posting in the WAYWT.
post #100 of 190
Don't most of you guys sell drugs so no one will think your gay since you have an interest in clothing?[/quote]

Only in between bouts of beating prostitutes and flushing feeble HS kids heads in the toilet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post


This is just that disgusting.

props to the kid, hes apparently huge(size US 15 6ft 7) so it must be pretty hard to find anything that would fit him, be thankful he doesn't slay stray dogs and wear their fresh pelts on his back. he does need to stop smoking (or at least not glorify it), trim his beard and cut his hair though. he is posing for the pic and is trying to look "badass" though so.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Arson View Post
I have so much more confidence now that I don't just wear some crappy graphic tee and relaxed fit jeans that are two sizes too big. It's amazing how much it helps, especially if you're kind of awkward to begin with.

Of course, if I dressed like most of the guys at kinowear I'd probably have less confidence because I'd hopefully realize how much I looked like a tool.

yeah but they don't realize so they are confident and do probably get more girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
all about "peacocking". Chicks are just looking to see that you dress differently. If you are super confident and know how to attract them, then you could technically get them by wearing a thong bikini. But looking nice makes it easier.

You don't need to dress flashy, SF-approved outfits will do. But even in SF-approved outfits, you are still standing out as looking differently. In fact, I'd say SF outfits probably stand out more because not as many people wear suits properly, etc. I get lots of looks and pointing and even sometimes ridicule by what I consider relatively tame (often trad) outfits.

In the end though, if you know you're the shit, then people will pick up on it. I literally cringe thinking about some of the outfits I wore when I first came to SF.

knowing your the shit does help. so does beating up prostitutes when you're sporting a nicely fit canali sport coat and a thong bikini just to prove you can peacock and not be gay.
post #101 of 190
Can we get some Jet fits in here?
post #102 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Can we get some Jet fits in here?

You should post some fits and talk about how you get all the bitches with those Raf sandals.
post #103 of 190
got damn. how the HELL did I end up on THAT corner of the internet? jesus...
post #104 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
You should post some fits and talk about how you get all the bitches with those Raf sandals.

ahahaa
post #105 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post
Let's troll their forum using those pics by posting in the WAYWT.

let's not
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Worst WAYWT Thread