or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Worst WAYWT Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Worst WAYWT Thread - Page 8

post #106 of 190
Can someone please explain to me why you think the "seduction community" is creepy? From my point of view, I see nothing wrong with a bunch of nerdy, perhaps socially awkward guys helping each other out to improve their sex lives. What they are doing isn't really any different from how women help each other learn the ways of relationships from a very early age. Guys typically have way too much ego to discuss this sort of thing with each other, so I have to give them props for putting their ego aside and admitting they need help. Most guys are clueless when it comes to women, and most guys aren't learning this stuff from each other, or from their fathers these days. Is it because you guys find the thought of nerdy guys a la "Mystery" developing skills that enable him to get more sex than most of you ever will threatening? (I'm not a Mystery supporter, I just suspect that guys are threatened by the "community" because they are discovering stuff that does work.)
post #107 of 190
People insecure with their wang size decide that it is their duty to stroke their ego by being condescending to others who are simply trying to improve themselves.

Arrogance is a bitter fruit.
post #108 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus View Post
simply trying to improve themselves.
This is a misrepresentation. From what I've read here and the Kino board itself, many of the Kino members are indeed "improving their style," but the benchmark they are attempting to reach is simply woeful. It only harms self-improvement when 1) everyone else is equally lost stylistically and 2) harsh criticism isn't condoned. As much as some of the posters seek genuine criticism, it seems several others want to wander along the path of trendy kitsch with their hands clasped firmly over their ears.
post #109 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami View Post
Can someone please explain to me why you think the "seduction community" is creepy? From my point of view, I see nothing wrong with a bunch of nerdy, perhaps socially awkward guys helping each other out to improve their sex lives. What they are doing isn't really any different from how women help each other learn the ways of relationships from a very early age. Guys typically have way too much ego to discuss this sort of thing with each other, so I have to give them props for putting their ego aside and admitting they need help. Most guys are clueless when it comes to women, and most guys aren't learning this stuff from each other, or from their fathers these days.

Is it because you guys find the thought of nerdy guys a la "Mystery" developing skills that enable him to get more sex than most of you ever will threatening? (I'm not a Mystery supporter, I just suspect that guys are threatened by the "community" because they are discovering stuff that does work.)

I don't have any problem with developing skills or "game" or discussing it, it's the obsessive tendency to pick interactions apart and overanalyze them, along with the manipulative tactics used by some of them. And some of them just seem to be truly creepy people as well.
post #110 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post
This is a misrepresentation. From what I've read here and the Kino board itself, many of the Kino members are indeed "improving their style," but the benchmark they are attempting to reach is simply woeful. It only harms self-improvement when 1) everyone else is equally lost stylistically and 2) harsh criticism isn't condoned. As much as some of the posters seek genuine criticism, it seems several others want to wander along the path of trendy kitsch with their hands clasped firmly over their ears.

Not really because I know for a fact that those guys WILL generate attention from females by wearing those types of god awful outfits. How do I know? It's the same type of stuff the douches are wearing on www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com

post #111 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami View Post
Can someone please explain to me why you think the "seduction community" is creepy? From my point of view, I see nothing wrong with a bunch of nerdy, perhaps socially awkward guys helping each other out to improve their sex lives. What they are doing isn't really any different from how women help each other learn the ways of relationships from a very early age. Guys typically have way too much ego to discuss this sort of thing with each other, so I have to give them props for putting their ego aside and admitting they need help. Most guys are clueless when it comes to women, and most guys aren't learning this stuff from each other, or from their fathers these days. Is it because you guys find the thought of nerdy guys a la "Mystery" developing skills that enable him to get more sex than most of you ever will threatening? (I'm not a Mystery supporter, I just suspect that guys are threatened by the "community" because they are discovering stuff that does work.)
Ross Jeffries. Those guys that became social robots by letting bitches rule their lives in The Game are creepy too. Good thing everyone in the community isn't like that.
post #112 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
I don't have any problem with developing skills or "game" or discussing it, it's the obsessive tendency to pick interactions apart and overanalyze them, along with the manipulative tactics used by some of them. And some of them just seem to be truly creepy people as well.

Fair enough. I too have a problem with the manipulative tactics Mystery teaches. The over analyzing and obsessive stuff doesn't bother me. But I think they're coming from the right place because all they want to do is get laid and have a satisfying sex life, and most of them probably only really want a good girlfriend.
post #113 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
I don't have any problem with developing skills or "game" or discussing it, it's the obsessive tendency to pick interactions apart and overanalyze them, along with the manipulative tactics used by some of them. And some of them just seem to be truly creepy people as well.

Seriously. If some of these guys were nervous about social situations before, imagine the ones who don't click well with "the game" and now just have a million other things to worry about when talking to women. Poor guys
post #114 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post
Ross Jeffries. Those guys that became social robots by letting bitches rule their lives in The Game are creepy too.

Good thing everyone in the community isn't like that.

Really?



You think this guy's creepy? Why would you think that?
post #115 of 190
Yeah that guy looks like he should be stopped by Chris Hansen.
post #116 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami View Post
Fair enough. I too have a problem with the manipulative tactics Mystery teaches. The over analyzing and obsessive stuff doesn't bother me. But I think they're coming from the right place because all they want to do is get laid and have a satisfying sex life, and most of them probably only really want a good girlfriend.
Wait, Mystery teaches manipulative stuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Seriously. If some of these guys were nervous about social situations before, imagine the ones who don't click well with "the game" and now just have a million other things to worry about when talking to women. Poor guys
The community teaches them what women are really attracted to, and why women like that kind of stuff. Knowing that is better than nothing, at least now they don't have to sit there clueless pondering why their "best friend" sucked off the local campus drug dealer while they, the sweet understanding caring good guy, have nothing. Their new knowledge will save them from making failed investments on women via their time and money (taking girls out to dinner dates, buying gifts, and all that standard stuff your average chump does).
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami View Post
Really? You think this guy's creepy? Why would you think that?
Watch some of his videos. Read The Game, he was the guy sniffing Carmen Electra's ass in there.
post #117 of 190
We're not all creepers... haha. Seriously though, please don't cap on the whole PUA thing that much. While some are overly obsessive and pretty wack, good things do come out of that world. I can say that it does help to a certain extent. I mean, you know the whole idea of algorithms right? Like a certain set of instructions will always lead to the same outcome and what not. I think it's the exact same thing; what's so wrong with studying other people's successes and using their methods to get the same result?
post #118 of 190
Thread Starter 
I have read alot of material from the PUA community as well. There are some level headed people there and some nut jobs, but the same can probably be said about this community or any other one for that matter. I never understood why the whole PUA thing rubs public opinion the wrong way.
post #119 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeF4 View Post
I never understood why the whole PUA thing rubs public opinion the wrong way.

Reasons for motivation are the reason why. Some guys use the material as a means to get laid while others are simply trying to become more comfortable with talking to girls so that when they come across their "dream girl," they won't flip head over heels. Instead they'll be prepared with handling the situation. But yeah, I can agree that some of those guys come from very dark places and have the worst intentions, although I can see others who are just trying to improve themselves and become more sociable people.
post #120 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post
This is a misrepresentation. From what I've read here and the Kino board itself, many of the Kino members are indeed "improving their style," but the benchmark they are attempting to reach is simply woeful. It only harms self-improvement when 1) everyone else is equally lost stylistically and 2) harsh criticism isn't condoned. As much as some of the posters seek genuine criticism, it seems several others want to wander along the path of trendy kitsch with their hands clasped firmly over their ears.

Every group has its good and bad members. I'm speaking strictly of the group as a whole, which seems decent enough. Do I agree with their 'style'? No. Then again, I do know that a lot of women would be attracted to the way many of them dress. They are working towards a goal, and I can't honestly look down on that goal.

Then again, I didn't exactly pore over their entire site, so I could have missed a detail somewhere.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Worst WAYWT Thread