• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some help with Rainbow Sandals

maxse01

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im a newbie and I need some help...

I live in NYC and am in my Mid 20s. I am tired of wearing sneakers, loafers with jeans...

I would like to get some nice trendy sandals, and I have heard that Rainbow is what I want...

However, they have so many styles and designs to choose from I have no idea. Can someone recommend some casual sandals that I can wear shopping or just walking around the city with a Lacoste Polo, distressed jeans and these sandals?

Im not looking for bright blue ones for example that are meant for the beach. But something that will show a relaxed/chill personality but still knows how to dress look.

Pics are welcome, thanks in advance everyone.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's no such thing as a cool flip-flop. Get an unbranded pair for $3.99 at Wal-Mart and be done with it

DBoon

Reaction score
...to answer your sandal question, I don't think theres a better price:quality, aesthetically pleasing sandal than Rainbows Granted I grew up on the west coast where wearing sandals is a way of life. You want what is called "Men's Premier Leather Double Stack". It comes in different colors, relatively few sizes. They mold to your foot and darken (a LOT) with time...So I'd suggest getting something like http://islandsurf.com/Rainbow_Sandal...-p3303c44.html. I got that really light tan color, and mine became a dark chocolate brown within a couple months. They last about 1-2 years of everyday use. I've had about 10 pairs since the 80s. I haven't bought a new pair since 2002. They are going to feel very stiff, flat, almost uncomfortable at first. Don't give up...its a pretty quick break-in. They look better with shorts than jeans, imo. If your pants are too long, your heel will stop on the jeans and you'll eat through the hem. So, hem jeans accordingly if that's what you want.

XeF4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Musselma
This has GOT to be a troll...
Ony troll here is you. Also, the only branding on rainbow sandals is the little tag shooting off to the side much like the red tabs on a pair of Levi's. Just because jocks wear rainbow sandals does not make it a bad product.

Musselma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxse01

I would like to get some nice trendy sandals...

However, they have so many styles and designs to choose from I have no idea. Can someone recommend some casual sandals that I can wear shopping or just walking around the city with a Lacoste Polo, distressed jeans and these sandals?

Im not looking for bright blue ones for example that are meant for the beach. But something that will show a relaxed/chill personality but still knows how to dress look.

Originally Posted by XeF4
Ony troll here is you.

Surely I'm trolling by suggesting that perhaps someone who is completely outside the scope of 99% of this forum's taste is trolling. I'm sure a glance around will fill you in on the fact that this forum doesn't really do "trendy", Lacoste, or predistressed jeans. Therefore, it is a reasonable assumption that this post could be a troll attempt.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
If there's one thing I wish I could uninvent it's flops.

God they're so ***********.

DBoon

Reaction score
I regard flip flops like I do scarves...they are designed for a weather extreme...

....they can easily be executed poorly, and thus the propensity to look gay.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
PS. This is obviously a trollbag guys.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Rainbows trendy?

You obviously aren't from a beach town. Those are classics.

XeF4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Musselma
Surely I'm trolling by suggesting that perhaps someone who is completely outside the scope of 99% of this forum's taste is trolling. I'm sure a glance around will fill you in on the fact that this forum doesn't really do "trendy", Lacoste, or predistressed jeans. Therefore, it is a reasonable assumption that this post could be a troll attempt.
Lacoste and Rainbow will never go out of style, like SoCal has already stated. You just don't like these companies because you associate them with douchebags, which sucks for you because they both make a great product.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
Lacoste and Rainbow will never go out of style, like SoCal has already stated. You just don't like these companies because you associate them with douchebags, which sucks for you because they both make a great product.
Sick bro. I am totally with you. Whats your favoerite brand of frisbee? I love lacoste (esp. paired with MY AE shorts) but I only wear Rainbows when I lsiten to Dave Mathews LOL. PS DO you have the rainbows where you can hide a roofie in a secret pouch or the one that has a bottle opener for natty ice (I thibn thats REef actually LOL)?

maxse01

Reaction score
Wow interesting. I have never been called a "Troll" before haha. I realize that this place caters more towards classy/business casual, which is one of the looks that I want. But sometimes I like to dress the way that I described... Thanks for the tip on the Rainbows. I really like the light tan ones as well... But what do you guys think of these, in Black/Tan? http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7221216.html And thanks to those that helped out and didn't assume that I was a troll...

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
You're all trolls.

XeF4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Sick bro. I am totally with you. Whats your favoerite brand of frisbee? I love lacoste (esp. paired with MY AE shorts) but I only wear Rainbows when I lsiten to Dave Mathews LOL. PS DO you have the rainbows where you can hide a roofie in a secret pouch or the one that has a bottle opener for natty ice (I thibn thats REef actually LOL)?
Congratulations, you are now a complete tool to this forum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads