or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Need some help with Rainbow Sandals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need some help with Rainbow Sandals - Page 4

post #46 of 68
I love my Rainbows, I dont wear them everyday but if its hot out I have no problem throwing them on. Sometimes even with jeans. Who gives a shit what people from an internet style forum have to say, where what you like.
post #47 of 68
Thread Starter 
Thanks for your help everyone. I actually got the Reefs just because everyone around here has Rainbows... I'm going to try them out and if I don't like it then I'll just get the Rainbows in brown or Tan... Zppos has a great refund policy... Now time to get some denim. Want to get my first pair of RAW denim so that they can be distressed and conform to my body... BTW, is it possible to get something under $100? The A.P.C. are now ~$130-$150.
post #48 of 68
Save your money and buy better denim
post #49 of 68
If you end up getting the rainbows, cop em' in "sand". It's a really sick color, and other than myself, ive never seen anybody in it. good luck.
post #50 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxse01 View Post
Thanks for your help everyone.

I actually got the Reefs just because everyone around here has Rainbows...

I'm going to try them out and if I don't like it then I'll just get the Rainbows in brown or Tan... Zppos has a great refund policy...

Now time to get some denim. Want to get my first pair of RAW denim so that they can be distressed and conform to my body... BTW, is it possible to get something under $100? The A.P.C. are now ~$130-$150.

damn all that BS and you didn't even buy a pair? no more help for you...
post #51 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
This forum is where people buy a lot of very ugly shit just to look different. I mean, who else wears Iron Heart chambrays, button-up merino cardigans with chucks, and any kind of Raf Simons sandal?

OP: if you want something trendy wear boat shoes. Next year they'll be back to their classic status.

i agree. chambrays r _-.
post #52 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxse01 View Post
Thanks for your help everyone.

I actually got the Reefs just because everyone around here has Rainbows...

I'm going to try them out and if I don't like it then I'll just get the Rainbows in brown or Tan... Zppos has a great refund policy...

Now time to get some denim. Want to get my first pair of RAW denim so that they can be distressed and conform to my body... BTW, is it possible to get something under $100? The A.P.C. are now ~$130-$150.

try good society or academi. @ context.
post #53 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade View Post
i agree. chambrays r _-.

People who have never touched dirt in their lives who buy $100+ chambrays over the internet is kind of a travesty ya. If you see a real vintage chambray, heavily faded and butter soft, it's nice.
post #54 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoon View Post
Wow SoCal is making a lot of sense.

People that don't think its reasonable to wear flip flips probably:
1. Live in a cold climate
2. have ugly ass feet / are flatfooted
3. have given in to the assumption that since most flip flops are ugly, all are

In the spirit of answering the OP: if I was walking around the streets of NYC, I wouldn't wear flip flops because NYC streets are fucking disgusting. Same thing for a club, etc. Use common sense. Because in case you didn't notice, not a lot of people do (long sleeves / pants in the fucking middle of summer).

What is this about flip-flops being better for a hot climate? I have literally never in my life felt that my feet were hot, other than due to the sun. I'm pretty sure hands and feet can't get hot other than by exposure or vigorous exercise.

If you like the look fine, I've seen a few pictures of SoCal wearing them that looked good. On the whole though, I would compare it to guys who wear bathing suits when they have no intention of swimming. It's a look engineered to show you spend all your time at the beach and are really laid-back and never have to work or some bullshit.

Also, men who are so concerned about the appearance of their feet have got to be incredibly vain or insecure.
post #55 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amory View Post
I'm pretty sure hands and feet can't get hot other than by exposure or vigorous exercise.

you have got to be fucking kidding me
post #56 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amory View Post
I'm pretty sure hands and feet can't get hot other than by exposure or vigorous exercise.
The human body is constantly radiating heat from itself. When you wear shoes, it makes it so that heat can't be transfered as well to the environment. This is the whole idea behind wearing multiple layers of clothing in cold weather: to keep in, rather than lose, that heat that is being radiated. More skin exposure, more efficient heat transfer.
post #57 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn View Post
The human body is constantly radiating heat from itself. When you wear shoes, it makes it so that heat can't be transfered as well to the environment. This is the whole idea behind wearing multiple layers of clothing in cold weather: to keep in, rather than lose, that heat that is being radiated.

More skin exposure, more efficient heat transfer.

It's debatable how much effect footwear really has. I have never thought my feet were particularly cold or warm in extreme weather and I live in New England.

The things that make the difference in summer are short sleeves and shorts (huge difference vs wearing long sleeve pants), and for the winter it's the scarf to keep the heat from escaping from your chest area and earmuffs and/or hat. You do not gain/lose all that much from your extremities.
post #58 of 68
the more important question: why bring this thread back to life??

btw dude had to be a troll
post #59 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG Tiburon View Post
you have got to be fucking kidding me
you have got to be fucking kidding me
post #60 of 68
i feel like i am in the twilight zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Need some help with Rainbow Sandals