I'm traveling right now. Will post some photos when I can. I wanted to take some NIB pics, but alas they will have some wear on them by the time they go up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What casual men's shoes to wear besides boat shoes(sneakers excluded)? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:06am in Classic Menswear
- Is this BB boat shoe to formal to go along with jeans? Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:15pm in Classic Menswear
- What colour Deck/Boat shoes are most versatile? e.g. you can wear with every style Last post on 1/11/14 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Useful, Ugly Summer Shoes Last post on 5/20/11 at 4:11am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK - Page 129
post a pic too wdahab once you get yours
mine were labeled as cavalier red and cavalier navy on their website. I really like the color combination on them. The size fit fine, a tad too long. But I couldnt go any smaller. If i get another 1/2 size down then i wont be able to wear socks at all. I know that my intention is to have it barefoot. But since there is a tiny area (between the first eyelet and the last stitches) that scratches my feet...so i decided to wear sock for the first week until the leather get more soft. The shoes acutally appear kind of wide. Not that it fits wide but it looks wide. it looks about 1/4 wider than Sperry or timberland boat shoes. So if someone looking for a narrow, skinny/slim looking shoes than this wont be it. I wonder does Maliseet or blucher will be narrower. Overall quality is excellent. Love the smell of the leather. I worn them for few hours and the red has already shown some aging. It has already lighten in some area so i trust that the cavalier red will turn out very beautifully. The crepe sole feels comfortable too. The only cons right now is that i request for a pair of light brown laces same as they put on the sheepskin grizzly boot but they gave me a black laces.
anyone can let me know how to post more pics? i dont want it to be an attachment only.
These are beasts. The leather is Horween natural Chromepak, and makes most bridle leather feel thin and flimsy. I was told it's 10oz thick minimum, and boy does it feel it. This absolutely isn't a normal boat shoe, this is like a tank on my feet. The sizing is absolutely perfect, length and width. Took just a little bit of pressure to get my feet in and then pop, right in. They are like gloves already, and I think as the leather warms up they'll turn even more into gloves.
The saddle looks great, just enough extra decoration to really make this my own. Didn't cost any extra, and I found that custmore support was very helpful in making sure I got exactly what I wanted. I think it adds a lot to making this shoe not look like a pair of slippers.
As a note, when I was looking for a pair of mocs, originally, I saw lots of differing opinions/questions about which to get. I originally got the Townview Mocs, which are, indeed great, but are a different beast altogether. I found them insubstantial, not comparable to these (but more in an apples and oranges kind of way, not in a better or worse way). Those are soft, buttery leather, maybe comparable to Quoddy's grizzly mocs, but certainly not to these. The Quoddy website just doesn't clarify how thick these are, that these are not just natural CXL leather. That said, I'm fairly sure these will age like natty CXL, and maybe even look better once I see how it creases.
Of course pics:
Other thoughts: The inner sole is a full leather innersole, which I find preferable to Rancourts half inner sole.
I wear a 9EEE in most Allen Edmonds, so for people looking for sizing advice, looks to be about right.
I haven't decided yet how I'm going to oil these. I prefer Obenauf's but that will darken them. I'm not against oil making my shoes darker, but I'm wondering if people have experience with this, and how people handle this kind of leather sole (which probably needs more treading than an oak leather sole.
I am counting my blessings that I work in the kind of finance firm that is just laid back that I can wear these to work any day when I don't need a suit (99% of the time)
was just reading back through this thread, thought it would be worth while to note that the sizing has def changed. AFAIK there hasnt been a definite conclusion in the thread, but as you can see from their old chart in comparison with what is on their site now. size US 9 for example is 1/8 inch larger.
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 seconds ago
- › NWT Epaulet EFF Deep Indigo Washable Linen/Wool - L 1 minute ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Truman Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket 184 Navy Blazer 36/46 (Loro Piana Four Seasons 130's... 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Blue Gingham Flannel 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Charleston - where to stay? 7 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts