I'm traveling right now. Will post some photos when I can. I wanted to take some NIB pics, but alas they will have some wear on them by the time they go up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What casual men's shoes to wear besides boat shoes(sneakers excluded)? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:06am in Classic Menswear
- Is this BB boat shoe to formal to go along with jeans? Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:15pm in Classic Menswear
- What colour Deck/Boat shoes are most versatile? e.g. you can wear with every style Last post on 1/11/14 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Useful, Ugly Summer Shoes Last post on 5/20/11 at 4:11am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK - Page 129
Styleforum Top Picks
post a pic too wdahab once you get yours
mine were labeled as cavalier red and cavalier navy on their website. I really like the color combination on them. The size fit fine, a tad too long. But I couldnt go any smaller. If i get another 1/2 size down then i wont be able to wear socks at all. I know that my intention is to have it barefoot. But since there is a tiny area (between the first eyelet and the last stitches) that scratches my feet...so i decided to wear sock for the first week until the leather get more soft. The shoes acutally appear kind of wide. Not that it fits wide but it looks wide. it looks about 1/4 wider than Sperry or timberland boat shoes. So if someone looking for a narrow, skinny/slim looking shoes than this wont be it. I wonder does Maliseet or blucher will be narrower. Overall quality is excellent. Love the smell of the leather. I worn them for few hours and the red has already shown some aging. It has already lighten in some area so i trust that the cavalier red will turn out very beautifully. The crepe sole feels comfortable too. The only cons right now is that i request for a pair of light brown laces same as they put on the sheepskin grizzly boot but they gave me a black laces.
anyone can let me know how to post more pics? i dont want it to be an attachment only.
These are beasts. The leather is Horween natural Chromepak, and makes most bridle leather feel thin and flimsy. I was told it's 10oz thick minimum, and boy does it feel it. This absolutely isn't a normal boat shoe, this is like a tank on my feet. The sizing is absolutely perfect, length and width. Took just a little bit of pressure to get my feet in and then pop, right in. They are like gloves already, and I think as the leather warms up they'll turn even more into gloves.
The saddle looks great, just enough extra decoration to really make this my own. Didn't cost any extra, and I found that custmore support was very helpful in making sure I got exactly what I wanted. I think it adds a lot to making this shoe not look like a pair of slippers.
As a note, when I was looking for a pair of mocs, originally, I saw lots of differing opinions/questions about which to get. I originally got the Townview Mocs, which are, indeed great, but are a different beast altogether. I found them insubstantial, not comparable to these (but more in an apples and oranges kind of way, not in a better or worse way). Those are soft, buttery leather, maybe comparable to Quoddy's grizzly mocs, but certainly not to these. The Quoddy website just doesn't clarify how thick these are, that these are not just natural CXL leather. That said, I'm fairly sure these will age like natty CXL, and maybe even look better once I see how it creases.
Of course pics:
Other thoughts: The inner sole is a full leather innersole, which I find preferable to Rancourts half inner sole.
I wear a 9EEE in most Allen Edmonds, so for people looking for sizing advice, looks to be about right.
I haven't decided yet how I'm going to oil these. I prefer Obenauf's but that will darken them. I'm not against oil making my shoes darker, but I'm wondering if people have experience with this, and how people handle this kind of leather sole (which probably needs more treading than an oak leather sole.
I am counting my blessings that I work in the kind of finance firm that is just laid back that I can wear these to work any day when I don't need a suit (99% of the time)
was just reading back through this thread, thought it would be worth while to note that the sizing has def changed. AFAIK there hasnt been a definite conclusion in the thread, but as you can see from their old chart in comparison with what is on their site now. size US 9 for example is 1/8 inch larger.
- Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Doctor Who 24 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 55 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recommended OTC wool sock brands 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories