Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What casual men's shoes to wear besides boat shoes(sneakers excluded)? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:06am in Classic Menswear
- Is this BB boat shoe to formal to go along with jeans? Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:15pm in Classic Menswear
- What colour Deck/Boat shoes are most versatile? e.g. you can wear with every style Last post on 1/11/14 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Useful, Ugly Summer Shoes Last post on 5/20/11 at 4:11am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK - Page 125
Check out three posts up about how they made me some size 14 shoes. email@example.com proved most helpful.
You might also check out Russell Moccasin.
Nah, it was pretty cool. Here's how it went --
I will be looking for the tracings.
There is no charge for customizing a shoe just based on size; there may be an upcharge for things like lining etc.
You may place the order under the Chukka on the website and just note in the customization box that would like the 4 eyelet Deck Boot in Chromexcel Navy, White Deck Sole, Glove Lining, Nickel Eyelets, Navy Laces and Natural Hand Sewing. I will go in and make the adjustment along with the size needed on the order before the spec sheet is submitted into production.
Once they got my foot tracings and got back to me with sizing confirmation, it took just twenty days from placing the order to having the shoes on my doorstep.
Can I assume id wear an 8 in all Quoddy?
Is there a way to see their customization options? Do I just email them if I am.interested?
I'd recommend emailing Quoddy with any questions that you have before ordering; they got back to me pretty quickly when I inquired about a custom pair of chukkas a month or two ago. FYI: sizing is not consistent with all styles of Quoddy footwear, so it would be a good idea to let them know that an 8 D blucher fit you nicely and ask for any sizing recommendations they may have if you're considering a custom order in a different style. My 8.5 D Maliseet oxfords, for example, fit me pretty well and are quite comfortable but are on the roomy side both in length and width whereas I had to size up to a 9 D in the chukka. The chukkas definitely run narrower than the oxfords (and the 9 chukka is still a much snugger fit on me than the 8.5 oxford). I hope that helps!
They offered to make me another pair, so I asked them make me a 12E, and it fits the same as the 11D i had last year.
So it seems Maliseet sizing can be off by as much as a full size depending on when they were made.
i will give props to the customer service so far though. took maybe 2 weeks from order placed to the time they showed up at my door, maine to seattle. they even threw in some free coasters.
Will suede stretch the same way as chromexcel leather? I purchased a pair of suede Quoddy boat shoes online in size 8.5...I fit perfectly in a size 8 in the bluchers, but I found the 8.5 boat shoes in suede on a really good sale, so I figured i'd try them out (I can return them if need be). I can't decide if I should keep them. The sole is very comfortable and I have plenty of room for my toes, but the top of my foot and sides of my feet are very very snug. Can I expect them to stretch substantially over time? Or does suede not stretch substantially?
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 12 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 15 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 29 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 29 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding