Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What casual men's shoes to wear besides boat shoes(sneakers excluded)? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:06am in Classic Menswear
- Is this BB boat shoe to formal to go along with jeans? Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:15pm in Classic Menswear
- What colour Deck/Boat shoes are most versatile? e.g. you can wear with every style Last post on 1/11/14 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Useful, Ugly Summer Shoes Last post on 5/20/11 at 4:11am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK - Page 125
Styleforum Top Picks
Check out three posts up about how they made me some size 14 shoes. firstname.lastname@example.org proved most helpful.
You might also check out Russell Moccasin.
Nah, it was pretty cool. Here's how it went --
I will be looking for the tracings.
There is no charge for customizing a shoe just based on size; there may be an upcharge for things like lining etc.
You may place the order under the Chukka on the website and just note in the customization box that would like the 4 eyelet Deck Boot in Chromexcel Navy, White Deck Sole, Glove Lining, Nickel Eyelets, Navy Laces and Natural Hand Sewing. I will go in and make the adjustment along with the size needed on the order before the spec sheet is submitted into production.
Once they got my foot tracings and got back to me with sizing confirmation, it took just twenty days from placing the order to having the shoes on my doorstep.
Can I assume id wear an 8 in all Quoddy?
Is there a way to see their customization options? Do I just email them if I am.interested?
I'd recommend emailing Quoddy with any questions that you have before ordering; they got back to me pretty quickly when I inquired about a custom pair of chukkas a month or two ago. FYI: sizing is not consistent with all styles of Quoddy footwear, so it would be a good idea to let them know that an 8 D blucher fit you nicely and ask for any sizing recommendations they may have if you're considering a custom order in a different style. My 8.5 D Maliseet oxfords, for example, fit me pretty well and are quite comfortable but are on the roomy side both in length and width whereas I had to size up to a 9 D in the chukka. The chukkas definitely run narrower than the oxfords (and the 9 chukka is still a much snugger fit on me than the 8.5 oxford). I hope that helps!
They offered to make me another pair, so I asked them make me a 12E, and it fits the same as the 11D i had last year.
So it seems Maliseet sizing can be off by as much as a full size depending on when they were made.
i will give props to the customer service so far though. took maybe 2 weeks from order placed to the time they showed up at my door, maine to seattle. they even threw in some free coasters.
Will suede stretch the same way as chromexcel leather? I purchased a pair of suede Quoddy boat shoes online in size 8.5...I fit perfectly in a size 8 in the bluchers, but I found the 8.5 boat shoes in suede on a really good sale, so I figured i'd try them out (I can return them if need be). I can't decide if I should keep them. The sole is very comfortable and I have plenty of room for my toes, but the top of my foot and sides of my feet are very very snug. Can I expect them to stretch substantially over time? Or does suede not stretch substantially?
- Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 40 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › TODAY ONLY - Oct 4 - MOVING SALE *BEST OFFER* KITON 38R DBL BREAST... 11 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › 9D RL Purple Label Alligator Loafers (Italy) 23 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 23 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 28 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...