Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What casual men's shoes to wear besides boat shoes(sneakers excluded)? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:06am in Classic Menswear
- Is this BB boat shoe to formal to go along with jeans? Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:15pm in Classic Menswear
- What colour Deck/Boat shoes are most versatile? e.g. you can wear with every style Last post on 1/11/14 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Useful, Ugly Summer Shoes Last post on 5/20/11 at 4:11am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK - Page 125
Styleforum Top Picks
Check out three posts up about how they made me some size 14 shoes. email@example.com proved most helpful.
You might also check out Russell Moccasin.
Nah, it was pretty cool. Here's how it went --
I will be looking for the tracings.
There is no charge for customizing a shoe just based on size; there may be an upcharge for things like lining etc.
You may place the order under the Chukka on the website and just note in the customization box that would like the 4 eyelet Deck Boot in Chromexcel Navy, White Deck Sole, Glove Lining, Nickel Eyelets, Navy Laces and Natural Hand Sewing. I will go in and make the adjustment along with the size needed on the order before the spec sheet is submitted into production.
Once they got my foot tracings and got back to me with sizing confirmation, it took just twenty days from placing the order to having the shoes on my doorstep.
Can I assume id wear an 8 in all Quoddy?
Is there a way to see their customization options? Do I just email them if I am.interested?
I'd recommend emailing Quoddy with any questions that you have before ordering; they got back to me pretty quickly when I inquired about a custom pair of chukkas a month or two ago. FYI: sizing is not consistent with all styles of Quoddy footwear, so it would be a good idea to let them know that an 8 D blucher fit you nicely and ask for any sizing recommendations they may have if you're considering a custom order in a different style. My 8.5 D Maliseet oxfords, for example, fit me pretty well and are quite comfortable but are on the roomy side both in length and width whereas I had to size up to a 9 D in the chukka. The chukkas definitely run narrower than the oxfords (and the 9 chukka is still a much snugger fit on me than the 8.5 oxford). I hope that helps!
They offered to make me another pair, so I asked them make me a 12E, and it fits the same as the 11D i had last year.
So it seems Maliseet sizing can be off by as much as a full size depending on when they were made.
i will give props to the customer service so far though. took maybe 2 weeks from order placed to the time they showed up at my door, maine to seattle. they even threw in some free coasters.
Will suede stretch the same way as chromexcel leather? I purchased a pair of suede Quoddy boat shoes online in size 8.5...I fit perfectly in a size 8 in the bluchers, but I found the 8.5 boat shoes in suede on a really good sale, so I figured i'd try them out (I can return them if need be). I can't decide if I should keep them. The sole is very comfortable and I have plenty of room for my toes, but the top of my foot and sides of my feet are very very snug. Can I expect them to stretch substantially over time? Or does suede not stretch substantially?
- Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK
Styleforum Top Picks
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 22 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 15 minutes ago
- › BNWT Stephan Schneider Memory Coat Size IV - Color: Night Navy 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 16 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 16 minutes ago
- › Bespoke shoes - Calzoleria Riccardo Borella 17 minutes ago
- › Wallet advice - kawatako uk bridle / ashland or j michael cordovan... 31 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 32 minutes ago
- › Zimmerli law suit 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories