Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What casual men's shoes to wear besides boat shoes(sneakers excluded)? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:06am in Classic Menswear
- Is this BB boat shoe to formal to go along with jeans? Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:15pm in Classic Menswear
- What colour Deck/Boat shoes are most versatile? e.g. you can wear with every style Last post on 1/11/14 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Useful, Ugly Summer Shoes Last post on 5/20/11 at 4:11am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK - Page 125
Check out three posts up about how they made me some size 14 shoes. email@example.com proved most helpful.
You might also check out Russell Moccasin.
Nah, it was pretty cool. Here's how it went --
I will be looking for the tracings.
There is no charge for customizing a shoe just based on size; there may be an upcharge for things like lining etc.
You may place the order under the Chukka on the website and just note in the customization box that would like the 4 eyelet Deck Boot in Chromexcel Navy, White Deck Sole, Glove Lining, Nickel Eyelets, Navy Laces and Natural Hand Sewing. I will go in and make the adjustment along with the size needed on the order before the spec sheet is submitted into production.
Once they got my foot tracings and got back to me with sizing confirmation, it took just twenty days from placing the order to having the shoes on my doorstep.
Can I assume id wear an 8 in all Quoddy?
Is there a way to see their customization options? Do I just email them if I am.interested?
I'd recommend emailing Quoddy with any questions that you have before ordering; they got back to me pretty quickly when I inquired about a custom pair of chukkas a month or two ago. FYI: sizing is not consistent with all styles of Quoddy footwear, so it would be a good idea to let them know that an 8 D blucher fit you nicely and ask for any sizing recommendations they may have if you're considering a custom order in a different style. My 8.5 D Maliseet oxfords, for example, fit me pretty well and are quite comfortable but are on the roomy side both in length and width whereas I had to size up to a 9 D in the chukka. The chukkas definitely run narrower than the oxfords (and the 9 chukka is still a much snugger fit on me than the 8.5 oxford). I hope that helps!
They offered to make me another pair, so I asked them make me a 12E, and it fits the same as the 11D i had last year.
So it seems Maliseet sizing can be off by as much as a full size depending on when they were made.
i will give props to the customer service so far though. took maybe 2 weeks from order placed to the time they showed up at my door, maine to seattle. they even threw in some free coasters.
Will suede stretch the same way as chromexcel leather? I purchased a pair of suede Quoddy boat shoes online in size 8.5...I fit perfectly in a size 8 in the bluchers, but I found the 8.5 boat shoes in suede on a really good sale, so I figured i'd try them out (I can return them if need be). I can't decide if I should keep them. The sole is very comfortable and I have plenty of room for my toes, but the top of my foot and sides of my feet are very very snug. Can I expect them to stretch substantially over time? Or does suede not stretch substantially?
- › Tudor Pelagos 25500TN 19 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › upcoming Luxury Sportswear brand 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for suppliers of VBC woolen fabrics. 17 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 17 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...