or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK - Page 107

post #1591 of 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by velobran View Post
Using the Quoddy sizing method, I'm even more confused as it doesn't match anything I've read. According to the Quoddy method: 12 In other brands - Nikes: 11 Sperry: 10.5 Vans: 10.5 WTF?
If you are a 10.5 in Sperry you are probably either a 10.5 or 11 in Quoddy, depending on model. I'm a 9 in Sperry (though I haven't worn them in a while) - which is a snug fit. I own a pair of Quoddy in 9 and I could probably go to a 9.5 for a bit better fit. Go to a store and measure your foot on a Brannock. You are then your measured size in Quoddy, or possibly .5 up. That is my opinion, others will tell you to size down 1/2 size probably. No way you are a 12 if you wear a 10.5 Sperry. You must be doing it wrong.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
post #1592 of 2033
Just a little help.

I got a sperry a/o and a quoddy x jcrew chukka recently.

Sperry - US 10.5
Quoddy - US 10.5

The fit is snug for the sperry. Half size up on the quoddy would be fine also. Got the quoddy a lil tight to accomodate the possible stretching(if it does). Could do with a 11 for quoddy.
post #1593 of 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by velobran View Post
Using the Quoddy sizing method, I'm even more confused as it doesn't match anything I've read.

According to the Quoddy method: 12
In other brands -
Nikes: 11
Sperry: 10.5
Vans: 10.5

WTF?

10.5
post #1594 of 2033
These are my British tan maliseets with brick camp soles, ordered June 2nd and delivered June 21st! That's not too shabby in my book, only 3 weeks. With all the sizing confusion, I went ahead and ordered my Alden Barrie size, which is perfect. I went with this combo, which I hadn't seen before, and the leather is very impressive. Now I want some in navy!
post #1595 of 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltashell View Post
These are my British tan maliseets with brick camp soles, ordered June 2nd and delivered June 21st! That's not too shabby in my book, only 3 weeks. With all the sizing confusion, I went ahead and ordered my Alden Barrie size, which is perfect. I went with this combo, which I hadn't seen before, and the leather is very impressive. Now I want some in navy!

Magnificent! Magnificent! Magnificent!
post #1596 of 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post
If you are a 10.5 in Sperry you are probably either a 10.5 or 11 in Quoddy, depending on model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onijo84 View Post
Just a little help.

I got a sperry a/o and a quoddy x jcrew chukka recently.

Sperry - US 10.5
Quoddy - US 10.5

The fit is snug for the sperry. Half size up on the quoddy would be fine also. Got the quoddy a lil tight to accomodate the possible stretching(if it does). Could do with a 11 for quoddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
10.5

That's what I figured. I might try an 11 since I'll be wearing socks. They might only have 11's and 12's left (Blackbird x Quoddy Chukka).
post #1597 of 2033
anyone want to trade? i got a 8.5D blucher in brown chromexcel leather. looking for an 8. PM me
post #1598 of 2033
deltashell- those look fantastic....but British tan??? Really??? That looks nothing like tan to me. Still, excellent looking shoes however, love the toe stitching on them.
post #1599 of 2033
Having only owned leather bluchers in the past, I'm finding that suede bluchers fit a full size smaller. Has this always been the case or has there recently been a change in sizing (as some webstores such as tres bien and goodhood have indicated)? In any given size, the outsole seems to be the same length in either material, but the insole of the suede blucher seems to be significantly smaller.
post #1600 of 2033
Yes, they are definitely British tan, which is like dark tan. I agree that it's not really a typical tan. Peanut grizzly has that covered, but I really like this color and think it looks better as it wears bc of the lightening where it bends and creases.
post #1601 of 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltashell View Post

These are my British tan maliseets with brick camp soles, ordered June 2nd and delivered June 21st! That's not too shabby in my book, only 3 weeks. With all the sizing confusion, I went ahead and ordered my Alden Barrie size, which is perfect. I went with this combo, which I hadn't seen before, and the leather is very impressive. Now I want some in navy!

ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICIENT. I Have to admit I never thought of that colour combo. Absolutely beautiful, I hope you forgive me for taking a leaf out of your book as I will definitely be ordering something similar in the near future.
post #1602 of 2033
Which Quoddy Mocc do you prefer?

This?
DSC_00051.jpg

or

That?
DSC_00041.jpg
post #1603 of 2033
I want to see the first one's leather on the light colored sole personally. Also, where can you get those? Leffot? I can't seem to find them on the website
post #1604 of 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay J View Post

I want to see the first one's leather on the light colored sole personally. Also, where can you get those? Leffot? I can't seem to find them on the website

Leffot and yeah the first ones are currently sold out, next shipment is due sometime in the not too distant future.

I don't think they would look great on lighter soles, I think the brick brings out the red in the leather.
post #1605 of 2033
top pair is better imo regardless of sole
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK