It is a greyish/brown suit with blue/white pinstripes. I do not see any issue with wearing black shoes with it in the least--although I usually wear brown or tan.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Luca Rubinacci ; most TACKY around Last post on 7/4/11 at 2:22pm in Classic Menswear
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 621post #9301 of 1996612/6/12 at 1:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9302 of 1996612/6/12 at 2:12pmpost #9303 of 1996612/6/12 at 2:32pmQuote:
I wore those back in day, but not in snow or slush. They are called Playboys, but made by Sanders (England)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/MEZLAN-Mens-Nello-Double-Monk-Strap-Suede-Shoes-Brown-/00/$(KGrHqIOKpEE4j-r!vSPBOQu8InJ!Q~~0_12.JPGpost #9304 of 1996612/6/12 at 2:52pmpost #9305 of 1996612/6/12 at 2:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Patek
I'm getting too predictable as it seems most of my combos follow the same pattern.
EG shoes, BB socks, BBGF suit:
I've had these EG for almost two years but they get minimal usage as I hardly ever wear black and when I do it is because it is raining and one of my rainy-day pairs is black.
good shine on your egpost #9306 of 1996612/6/12 at 2:54pmpost #9307 of 1996612/6/12 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Hey the opinion of Foo is his opinion. Take it for what it is.
Many well dressed men wear a sock that matches their trouser or has a color in a pattern that matches the trouser. It may be "safe" but it works. Better to start off matching colors to your trousers and then, after you have accomplished that (actually quite a challenge for the average guy), slowly experiment adding other colors that are appropriate for your work and lifestyle. Look for colors that compliment your overall outfit. (Purple socks with grey is a nice color compliment, but probably not appropriate if you work in a law firm)
I personally like a coordinated look. So, I may wear a patterned navy sock if wearing a navy sweater or navy jacket even when my pants are a completely different color. If wearing jeans and suede cap-toes I may wear a sock with both navy and brown, picking up both colors.
Most people subconsciously appreciate coordinated outfits (or Home Decor) as looking "right" and "put together". Most people have a very hard time processing or appreciating most of the complex multi-color and multi-pattern combination styles being promoted today by some designers and by some members of SF. That may be why so many of those looks fail. They can justify them all they want, but to most folks they just look too complex or busy and are not necessarily elegant or attractive.
Of course, every now and then it is fun to just throw on some loud patterned socks and enjoy them .
i appreciate your insightpost #9308 of 1996612/6/12 at 2:58pmQuote:
Well I must say they have held up pretty good. I had them since last winter and they still look new.post #9309 of 1996612/6/12 at 3:27pmpost #9310 of 1996612/6/12 at 3:42pmpost #9311 of 1996612/6/12 at 3:44pmpost #9312 of 1996612/6/12 at 4:34pmpost #9313 of 1996612/6/12 at 5:17pmQuote:
i think the black works A-Ok in your combo.
thank you, uncle.Quote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
This is today I wanted to try it... but look closely at my left shoe. I want to cry. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i cry with you. can you fix it?Quote:
thanks! i hope your MTMs come out just as awesome as you hope for.post #9314 of 1996612/6/12 at 5:52pm
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Currently, there are 1975 Active Users (346 Members and 1629 Guests)
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 17 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)