It is a greyish/brown suit with blue/white pinstripes. I do not see any issue with wearing black shoes with it in the least--although I usually wear brown or tan.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBurlingtontagged by Cleav, 1/17/16
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 1/17/16
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySockstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11More
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on 2/7/16 at 1:52am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 621post #9301 of 2287912/6/12 at 1:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9302 of 2287912/6/12 at 2:12pmpost #9303 of 2287912/6/12 at 2:32pmQuote:
I wore those back in day, but not in snow or slush. They are called Playboys, but made by Sanders (England)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/MEZLAN-Mens-Nello-Double-Monk-Strap-Suede-Shoes-Brown-/00/$(KGrHqIOKpEE4j-r!vSPBOQu8InJ!Q~~0_12.JPGpost #9304 of 2287912/6/12 at 2:52pmpost #9305 of 2287912/6/12 at 2:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Patek
I'm getting too predictable as it seems most of my combos follow the same pattern.
EG shoes, BB socks, BBGF suit:
I've had these EG for almost two years but they get minimal usage as I hardly ever wear black and when I do it is because it is raining and one of my rainy-day pairs is black.
good shine on your egpost #9306 of 2287912/6/12 at 2:54pmpost #9307 of 2287912/6/12 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Hey the opinion of Foo is his opinion. Take it for what it is.
Many well dressed men wear a sock that matches their trouser or has a color in a pattern that matches the trouser. It may be "safe" but it works. Better to start off matching colors to your trousers and then, after you have accomplished that (actually quite a challenge for the average guy), slowly experiment adding other colors that are appropriate for your work and lifestyle. Look for colors that compliment your overall outfit. (Purple socks with grey is a nice color compliment, but probably not appropriate if you work in a law firm)
I personally like a coordinated look. So, I may wear a patterned navy sock if wearing a navy sweater or navy jacket even when my pants are a completely different color. If wearing jeans and suede cap-toes I may wear a sock with both navy and brown, picking up both colors.
Most people subconsciously appreciate coordinated outfits (or Home Decor) as looking "right" and "put together". Most people have a very hard time processing or appreciating most of the complex multi-color and multi-pattern combination styles being promoted today by some designers and by some members of SF. That may be why so many of those looks fail. They can justify them all they want, but to most folks they just look too complex or busy and are not necessarily elegant or attractive.
Of course, every now and then it is fun to just throw on some loud patterned socks and enjoy them .
i appreciate your insightpost #9308 of 2287912/6/12 at 2:58pmQuote:
Well I must say they have held up pretty good. I had them since last winter and they still look new.post #9309 of 2287912/6/12 at 3:27pmpost #9310 of 2287912/6/12 at 3:42pmpost #9311 of 2287912/6/12 at 3:44pmpost #9312 of 2287912/6/12 at 4:34pmpost #9313 of 2287912/6/12 at 5:17pmQuote:
i think the black works A-Ok in your combo.
thank you, uncle.Quote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
This is today I wanted to try it... but look closely at my left shoe. I want to cry. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i cry with you. can you fix it?Quote:
thanks! i hope your MTMs come out just as awesome as you hope for.post #9314 of 2287912/6/12 at 5:52pm
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1530 Active Users (367 Members and 1163 Guests)
- › The Official Wine Thread 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 50 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...