Looking great, Stitches
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySockstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 8:05 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:46 am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 612post #9166 of 2207212/3/12 at 7:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9167 of 2207212/3/12 at 7:42ampost #9168 of 2207212/3/12 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
These are beautiful shoes. The finish is so distinctive that wearing them with such expressive socks diminishes their appearance. The socks, shoes and patterned pants are all competing with each other.
I would suggest wearing them with gray flannels and a solid color sock for the most elegant look. That way the shoes will stand out on their own.
Thanks! I will do that. Just one question... what colour would be good for the socks, with the grey flannel trouser?post #9169 of 2207212/3/12 at 7:54am
Today, I repeated the sock, but different shoes. Question: Does this type of shoes can get a mirror like shine?
Socks: Hugo Boss
Trouser: Armani Collezioni
Also I would like to ask this, I opened this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/324960/help-with-detail-on-shoes but no one has answered and I need your help. Basically what I ask is if this "detail" that appeared in my shoe could be normal, cuse of the friction between the leather, since they were hand painted.post #9170 of 2207212/3/12 at 8:26ampost #9171 of 2207212/3/12 at 8:31ampost #9172 of 2207212/3/12 at 8:54ampost #9173 of 2207212/3/12 at 8:59ampost #9174 of 2207212/3/12 at 9:30amThread StarterQuote:
It depends upon what else you are wearing. You can't go wrong with a nice wool gray solid. A classic Italian would probably wear a solid navy. Navy with small pin dots or Birdseye would be nice too. If I could only take one color of sock with me on a trip it would be navy with white pin dots. It has just enough pattern to show a bit of style but the color combo goes with most things. Actually gray with a pin dot would be another option. Hope these suggestions help to show off those shoes at their very best!post #9175 of 2207212/3/12 at 10:42amQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
It depends upon what else you are wearing. You can't go wrong with a nice wool gray solid. A classic Italian would probably wear a solid navy. Navy with small pin dots or Birdseye would be nice too. If I could only take one color of sock with me on a trip it would be navy with white pin dots. It has just enough pattern to show a bit of style but the color combo goes with most things. Actually gray with a pin dot would be another option. Hope these suggestions help to show off those shoes at their very best!
Thanks!post #9176 of 2207212/3/12 at 11:03ampost #9177 of 2207212/3/12 at 11:05ampost #9178 of 2207212/3/12 at 11:05ampost #9179 of 2207212/3/12 at 11:22ampost #9180 of 2207212/3/12 at 11:26am
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Brand New John Lobb Philip II Double Monk Chestnut Museum Calf with... 11 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 28 seconds ago
- › BNIB Crockett & Jones Cottesmore Black Jodhpur Boots UK9 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › An Interview with B&Tailor 2 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 3 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...