or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 597

post #8941 of 21029
Very nice. I'd be scared to wear my nice shoes at Lake Ontario.
post #8942 of 21029
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post


I thought we had been through the fully closed shoes convo happy.gif.

Still open

I'm an Engineer and because of this I believe the gap's role is to provide room for adjustment, i.e. to adjust the pressure on your insole and how much pressure the heel exerts on the rear of the shoe: the fit.

Since every foot is different, some have higher insteps than others, and the RTW shoe is made for the average foot.

In my case, all the RTW shoes I have are good fits; but because my insteps are higher, the slit's opening varies from manufacturer to manufacturer; in my opinion, the opening should be 4-5mm (less than 1/8") at the topline.   A closed slit means, again in my engineer's opinion, that there is too much room in the shoe.

I don't have, and I have not seen any bespoke oxfords so far, but I believe even in that case there is a slight opening in the lace slit.

This is my opinion and you don't have to agree.

Thank you.

post #8943 of 21029
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lake michigan
12646891-F097-4175-9530-559F36152C46-4565-0000033D08C7BB81.jpg

Great vacation destination... is there open deer season in MI, IL or WI?

post #8944 of 21029
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Very nice. I'd be scared to wear my nice shoes at Lake Ontario.

thanks. lake michigan though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhunter View Post

Great vacation destination... is there open deer season in MI, IL or WI?

lol, no idea, i dont hunt.
post #8945 of 21029
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhunter View Post

Still open
I'm an Engineer and because of this I believe the gap's role is to provide room for adjustment, i.e. to adjust the pressure on your insole and how much pressure the heel exerts on the rear of the shoe: the fit.
Since every foot is different, some have higher insteps than others, and the RTW shoe is made for the average foot.
In my case, all the RTW shoes I have are good fits; but because my insteps are higher, the slit's opening varies from manufacturer to manufacturer; in my opinion, the opening should be 4-5mm (less than 1/8") at the topline.   A closed slit means, again in my engineer's opinion, that there is too much room in the shoe.
I don't have, and I have not seen any bespoke oxfords so far, but I believe even in that case there is a slight opening in the lace slit.
This is my opinion and you don't have to agree.
Thank you.

I respect your opinion and I could see your point. I guess it could also in the end come down to how someone likes their shoes to fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thanks. lake michigan though.

Yep, Lake Ontario is just very close to my house though.
post #8946 of 21029
oh, lol, i see. i didnt really walk in the sand much though. was afraid to. smile.gif
post #8947 of 21029
I don't think you are, but if you're near Michigan area, it be ideal to meet another SF member.

Right now is rifle season for deer.
post #8948 of 21029
sorry, dude. im in IL, and with the family. dint think i can make it. frown.gif
post #8949 of 21029
Can't you swim across? tongue.gif
post #8950 of 21029
okwqcn.jpg
#8 lhs
argyles otc
347tthe.jpg
Edited by mcarthur - 11/23/12 at 4:58pm
post #8951 of 21029
Uncle its great to see you posting again!
Stitchy great combo

IMAG0817.jpg

RL Marlows
Pantherella
Santorelli

It was an early morning
post #8952 of 21029
Welcome back, Mac.
post #8953 of 21029
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Uncle its great to see you posting again!
Stitchy great combo
IMAG0817.jpg
RL Marlows
Pantherella
Santorelli
It was an early morning

nephew,
thank you
you know my bias-you marlows look good on you
consider some mac method
consider alden lwb
post #8954 of 21029
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Welcome back, Mac.

nephew,
thank you
post #8955 of 21029
Uncle Mac!

Great to see you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos