or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 574

post #8596 of 21319
Hai Spoo!

shooz b kewl.

howz spooville been treating you?
post #8597 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Thank you! The socks are like fuzzy sweaters for the legs (otc) satisfied.gif Dressed extra warm for voting lines in the stupid rain.
Naw - but they've been resting in the closet waiting for cold weather. They are from the now discontinued 'el cheapo' line from Alfred Sargent. They no longer offer this quality. IMO they are comparable to AE.
I darkened the brogueing with navy blue cream polish thinned with water. The extra moisture drew the color deeper into the leather than just cream polish alone. better interestingnessosity, no?

Ive been wanting to get creative with colors but im always scared peepwall[1].gif

seeing your experiments makes me want to try. What happened to your septiemes??
post #8598 of 21319
post #8599 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post


Thank you! The socks are like fuzzy sweaters for the legs (otc) satisfied.gif Dressed extra warm for voting lines in the stupid rain.
 

Very nice. Might buy me some socks like that. How do socks like that fit in the shoes, doesn't it get tight?

post #8600 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Very nice. Might buy me some socks like that. How do socks like that fit in the shoes, doesn't it get tight?


It can, yes. But these shoes are a bit large for me so the extra sock helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Ive been wanting to get creative with colors but im always scared peepwall[1].gif
seeing your experiments makes me want to try. What happened to your septiemes??

Still have them - wore them quite a bit this summer but was too busy to poast for a while, as you know.
post #8601 of 21319
ge8u3equ.jpg
post #8602 of 21319

Perfect. Just brag all day long with the new shoes :)!

post #8603 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ge8u3equ.jpg

I love medium brown/snuff suede bals. Who makes these?
post #8604 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Perfect. Just brag all day long with the new shoes smile.gif!

lol, i just may.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

I love medium brown/snuff suede bals. Who makes these?

thanks. crockett and jones, westfield. in tobacco suede.
post #8605 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

ge8u3equ.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but aren't the socks too light for this combination? puzzled.gif

post #8606 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhunter View Post

Maybe it's just me, but aren't the socks too light for this combination? puzzled.gif

i thought maybe they are. and then i decided i liked it and i didnt care. so i went ahead and i rocked it smile.gif

not that it matters, but irl, they are a shade darker.
post #8607 of 21319
Since you asked about them, Justin, I wore these today.

Shoes - Septieme Largeur
Socks - Pantherella (extra ankle to show sock pattern - NOT for you pervs into guy ankle)
Trou - Pantas



Stitchy - socks are probably too light IRL for my taste - but I luvz the shooz!

Anybody else so sleepy they can hardly think? Us old farts aren't so good at going to bed at 3 and getting up at 6 as we used to be! shog[1].gif Glad the election is over - hope we can all get back to working on what we can agree on - not that which divides us!
post #8608 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


i thought maybe they are. and then i decided i liked it and i didnt care. so i went ahead and i rocked it smile.gif
not that it matters, but irl, they are a shade darker.

That's all that matters fing02[1].gif

post #8609 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Shoes - Septieme Largeur

WOW

 

worship2.gif Ave Caesar!

post #8610 of 21319


Vass
Nordstrom
Nordstrom
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos