Great shoes Jungle!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBurlingtontagged by Cleav, 1/17/16
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 1/17/16
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySockstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11More
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on 2/7/16 at 1:52am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 1282post #19216 of 228795/9/14 at 7:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19217 of 228795/9/14 at 7:54amQuote:
My socks today are from BB - a sale a couple of years ago, IIRC - so maybe they're not the same brand (BB is not your usual sock supplier - you're more of a Pantherella patron), but thanks, in any case.post #19218 of 228795/9/14 at 8:00ampost #19219 of 228795/9/14 at 8:16ampost #19220 of 228795/9/14 at 8:23am
ah, mine are SFA iirc, also froma few years ago, but the color and design and medallions are exactly the same.post #19221 of 228795/9/14 at 10:34ampost #19222 of 228795/9/14 at 10:51ampost #19223 of 228795/10/14 at 4:36ampost #19224 of 228795/10/14 at 4:58amQuote:
A fine principle, although I do have some shiny black brogued balmorals for which I make my sole exception. Cf. PCK's chino/derby fit, I also think it's imperfect, but for a different reason: although the last is a contributory factor, the dissonance is in the texture. Had the chinos been lighter, perhaps beige or tan instead of grey, and even with a turn-up instead of that heavy double seam, it would have been perfect. But those grey numbers have more of a jeans feel about them, and need a shoe with more texture to balance. A double sole and a more country last would be optimum too, but I think perhaps had they been suede or scotchgrain or something else less slick and shiny, that might have been enough.
Ian, I love your shoes. My attitude to denim is expressed with tiresome regularity, so I won't elaborate again other than to say that I think indigo jeans work best with bike boots or something heavy and workmanlike, in line with their origin. But in principle, I see nothing at all wrong with jeans and oxfords. In fact, that was my choice today - and I think the suede bit and brogueing are what make these sleek oxfords jeans-worthy:post #19225 of 228795/10/14 at 6:01ampost #19226 of 228795/10/14 at 6:46ampost #19227 of 228795/10/14 at 11:16pmpost #19228 of 228795/11/14 at 4:43ampost #19229 of 228795/11/14 at 1:51pm
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 54 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Ermenegildo Zegna Solid Black Milano Fit Suit, 38R (48R EU)... 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...