or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 123

post #1831 of 20546
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

how so/what would you reccomend?

the stripes are jarring as pb mentioned.

boring solid dark blue. i'm very conservative in these things.

also, your picture with the knit gives me the proof that you should overthink your love for sleek and elongated lasts.
post #1832 of 20546
I believe the trousers are more intersesting than the socks (end of week shortenage...)
263
post #1833 of 20546
Photobucket
post #1834 of 20546
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

the stripes are jarring as pb mentioned.
boring solid dark blue. i'm very conservative in these things.

very well, i try to not conform for better or worse, but thanks for the rec. maybe ill manage a mix. smile.gif
Quote:
also, your picture with the knit gives me the proof that you should overthink your love for sleek and elongated lasts.

which pic, todays? and please explain, be brutal if need be.
post #1835 of 20546
back to work. sigh

974
post #1836 of 20546
0a4ee797.jpg
post #1837 of 20546
338
Epaulet Navy Marl Lambswool trousers
C&J for RL
Gap argyles peepwall[1].gif
post #1838 of 20546
very nice. glad to see to see you here, ive been waiting. uhoh.gif
post #1839 of 20546
schoenene.jpg
post #1840 of 20546
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

which pic, todays? and please explain, be brutal if need be.

trying on the cucinelli zip-knit. no need to be brutal. just a different aesthetical approach and philosophy.
post #1841 of 20546
e90a7973.jpg
post #1842 of 20546
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

trying on the cucinelli zip-knit. no need to be brutal. just a different aesthetical approach and philosophy.

i gather that, i mean could you expound on it. do you mean to say you feel my broad (and somewhat portly frown.gif ) build would not flow so well with such a last? (and you feel i should be going with a less angular, shorter, rounder shoe (i hate those frown.gif ) or is it something else?

btw, it was a button neck, no zip wink.gif
post #1843 of 20546
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

schoenene.jpg

While I wasn't a huge fan of the pairing you chose up-top for this, the green, purple and snuff is teh sechs.
post #1844 of 20546
Not purple: navy smile.gif
post #1845 of 20546
396
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos