or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 1180

post #17686 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Carmina, Bresciani & Luxire Linen


how's the linen pant holding up? Happy with the fabric? I am awaiting my first pant from luxire. Once I lock down fit with a cheaper fabric, I'll get more adventurous.
post #17687 of 21319
First wear today actually, just in time for the end of our summer...

They are lovely though just need to adjust the back rise slightly for the next order. Fabric is great and it's just the standard one, not dugdale etc.
post #17688 of 21319
Thanks
post #17689 of 21319
Figured I'd try this question here: does anyone make a dress sock with athletic sock thickness and a wool blend. I think I saw that Smartwool does, but reviews were mixed.
post #17690 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemcp View Post
 

 

G&G Kensington in dark oak (got caught in the snow at lunch time so not as polished as they shoul be)

Acne cotton socks

 Peter Johnston bespoke suit trouser


Nice colors...

post #17691 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

First wear today actually, just in time for the end of our summer...

They are lovely though just need to adjust the back rise slightly for the next order. Fabric is great and it's just the standard one, not dugdale etc.

 

Which one is it? Does it trasnparent? (Don't know if that is the right question :laugh:)

post #17692 of 21319

carmina austerity brogues.  

 

post #17693 of 21319

C&J Snowdon - veldtschoen construction - waterproof oak wax hide - 10 inches of snow

 

post #17694 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

carmina austerity brogues.  

 

 

perfect match

post #17695 of 21319
^love those Carmina -need them to make a pair on the Rain.

post #17696 of 21319
superb, jr.

PCK1 - i am still in my jammies, but when i get out of the house my footwear will be similar.
post #17697 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

^love those Carmina -need them to make a pair on the Rain.

 

Honestly it doesn't feel that much different.  I went up a size worrying about the narrowness of it and I really can't tell.  If anything it feels a hair too big now.  Nothing worth returning them over however.

post #17698 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Honestly it doesn't feel that much different.  I went up a size worrying about the narrowness of it and I really can't tell.  If anything it feels a hair too big now.  Nothing worth returning them over however.

I have tried the Simspon last and it doesn't work for me. I would have to go a full size up.
post #17699 of 21319
I have to ask, as I am trying to learn about the bold sock pant/shoe combo. Growing up I was always told to match my dress socks to the dress slacks, which has been my mentality forever to this point.

Going through this thread it looks like a combination of matching socks to shoes or socks accenting the color of the pants. Which is a rule of thumb to start with when selecting these bolder socks? Should I start with patterns but using the same primary color as the slacks?

Thanks guys.
post #17700 of 21319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

carmina austerity brogues.  



Very very nice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos