Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBurlingtontagged by Cleav, 1/17/16
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 1/17/16
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySockstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11More
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 1:52 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 1154post #17296 of 228781/25/14 at 4:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17297 of 228781/25/14 at 8:47ampost #17298 of 228781/25/14 at 9:37ampost #17299 of 228781/25/14 at 9:50ampost #17300 of 228781/25/14 at 9:51amX- post from the Allen Edmonds thread.Quote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
Finally received my Dalton's, I love them! They are tight, don't know if I'm going to keep them unless they break nicely, but I really don't know why these are seconds. I can't find a major detail on them other than some darker spots I.in the side of the boot that at the end are covered by the trouser. If I don't keep them I would buy the 9.5D.
I'm in another state of Mexico so quick pics!post #17301 of 228781/25/14 at 9:54ampost #17302 of 228781/25/14 at 11:01ampost #17303 of 228781/25/14 at 12:21pm
Congratulations, Don! I've two pairs of Henleys - that colour on the original (2003) last, and the chestnut/grey in the Henley II like yours. Great shoes, and well done for rocking them in the winter!Quote:
To paraphrase Uncle Mac: "try it, you will like it". You have some splendid footwear and wear a Panerai with a suit. You are not a shrinking violet, and this summer must see you spectator-shod, I insist!Quote:
So you sent brand new EG's to Dandy for a patina? I could understand sending some beat up old ones for a new look while being refurbished, but throwing new ones straight in there for "dye painting" as DW would put it, is pretty brave. Anyway, clearly fortune favours the bold in this instance: they look absolutely stunning. Well done my friend. :)post #17304 of 228781/25/14 at 1:18pmpost #17305 of 228781/25/14 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
So you sent brand new EG's to Dandy for a patina? I could understand sending some beat up old ones for a new look while being refurbished, but throwing new ones straight in there for "dye painting" as DW would put it, is pretty brave. Anyway, clearly fortune favours the bold in this instance: they look absolutely stunning. Well done my friend. :)
Cheers Mimo. This is what they looked like before:
They were purchased from Skoak on the understanding that we would pursue a custom patina project with Mr. Nurulaeff (I wouldn't have made the purchase otherwise, as the original Maple colour did nothing for me).
Betelgeuse - thanks.post #17306 of 228781/25/14 at 5:01pmpost #17307 of 228781/25/14 at 5:34pmpost #17308 of 228781/25/14 at 5:37pmpost #17309 of 228781/25/14 at 5:39pm
About the second question, I don't know if they are supposed to be a bit snug, I guess the Goodyear welt should make them a lot harder to break in. I'm only using them for periods of one hour as the Mac Method says. Strangly enough, I changed the way of lacing them and felt a nice relief.post #17310 of 228781/25/14 at 5:39pm
they are truly amazing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Helmut Lang Camel Coat, Size 50 17 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 19 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...