Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Luca Rubinacci ; most TACKY around Last post on 7/4/11 at 2:22pm in Classic Menswear
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 791post #11851 of 200924/18/13 at 10:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11852 of 200924/18/13 at 10:51ampost #11853 of 200924/18/13 at 11:10ampost #11854 of 200924/18/13 at 11:25ampost #11855 of 200924/18/13 at 11:27ampost #11856 of 200924/18/13 at 12:55pmpost #11857 of 200924/18/13 at 1:14pmpost #11858 of 200924/18/13 at 1:42pmpost #11859 of 200924/18/13 at 1:49pmpost #11860 of 200924/18/13 at 2:01pmpost #11861 of 200924/18/13 at 2:22pmpost #11862 of 200924/18/13 at 2:25pmpost #11863 of 200924/18/13 at 2:54pm
Perhaps the instructions that came with them will make it clear:Quote:
Attach the PORT (red) sock to the left foot and the STARBOARD (green) sock to the right foot*
If the wearer is directionally challenged, they simply need to look down and look at their color coded ankles to ensure looking or steering in the collect direction,
thereby reassuring the crew of their competence, and winning their undying respect.
A suggestion for wearers of long trousers is to sew strings from cuffs to pockets inside the pants, allowing subtle lifting of the trouser leg.
* On standard models, this is attached to the right leg..
So it's a bit of self-deprecating humor, hinting that you can't tell your right from your left.post #11864 of 200924/18/13 at 4:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by AmericanGentQuote:Originally Posted by jdanielca
I know right, I've never had to pull up my socks since, I bought a whole bunch of them including a pair of red silk ones don't remember if those were Mazarin or gamarelli's but I much prefer the wool socks as opposed to the cotton ones. Very happy with my purchase, the service at mes chaussettes rouge is fantastic.
I have no experience with Mes Chaussettes Rouge, but I just looked them up online and they have a great selection. I got mine at Gammarelli's in Rome. I took some pictures of the shop, maybe I should post a thread.
Yes you should
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Australian Members 48 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Bless Hoodjacket - Black - Small (44-46) 8 minutes ago
- › Siki Im Denim Jacket - Overdye Black - Size II (46-48) 9 minutes ago
- › Gyakusou Convertible Jacket - Burgundy/Gray - Medium (46-48) 10 minutes ago
- › WTB: Alden Natural Chromexcel PTB (7.5-8.0 Barrie) 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)