Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Luca Rubinacci ; most TACKY around Last post on 7/4/11 at 2:22pm in Classic Menswear
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 791post #11851 of 205534/18/13 at 10:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11852 of 205534/18/13 at 10:51ampost #11853 of 205534/18/13 at 11:10ampost #11854 of 205534/18/13 at 11:25ampost #11855 of 205534/18/13 at 11:27ampost #11856 of 205534/18/13 at 12:55pmpost #11857 of 205534/18/13 at 1:14pmpost #11858 of 205534/18/13 at 1:42pmpost #11859 of 205534/18/13 at 1:49pmpost #11860 of 205534/18/13 at 2:01pmpost #11861 of 205534/18/13 at 2:22pmpost #11862 of 205534/18/13 at 2:25pmpost #11863 of 205534/18/13 at 2:54pm
Perhaps the instructions that came with them will make it clear:Quote:
Attach the PORT (red) sock to the left foot and the STARBOARD (green) sock to the right foot*
If the wearer is directionally challenged, they simply need to look down and look at their color coded ankles to ensure looking or steering in the collect direction,
thereby reassuring the crew of their competence, and winning their undying respect.
A suggestion for wearers of long trousers is to sew strings from cuffs to pockets inside the pants, allowing subtle lifting of the trouser leg.
* On standard models, this is attached to the right leg..
So it's a bit of self-deprecating humor, hinting that you can't tell your right from your left.post #11864 of 205534/18/13 at 4:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by AmericanGentQuote:Originally Posted by jdanielca
I know right, I've never had to pull up my socks since, I bought a whole bunch of them including a pair of red silk ones don't remember if those were Mazarin or gamarelli's but I much prefer the wool socks as opposed to the cotton ones. Very happy with my purchase, the service at mes chaussettes rouge is fantastic.
I have no experience with Mes Chaussettes Rouge, but I just looked them up online and they have a great selection. I got mine at Gammarelli's in Rome. I took some pictures of the shop, maybe I should post a thread.
Yes you should
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 18 minutes ago
- › Travelling in the Baltics 21 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)