or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 790

post #11836 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
good looking combo

thanks. i echo the same to you, uncle.
post #11837 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanGent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanielca View Post

9yja6evu.jpg

Purple gamarelli's with burgundy shoes

Nice Bishop socks! I grabbed the red and white for myself and the purple for my father-in-law. I think they are good conversation pieces too!

I know right, I've never had to pull up my socks since, I bought a whole bunch of them including a pair of red silk ones don't remember if those were Mazarin or gamarelli's but I much prefer the wool socks as opposed to the cotton ones. Very happy with my purchase, the service at mes chaussettes rouge is fantastic.
post #11838 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Thanks, unc. Love the new "set" for the photos! Also nice combo!

mburer, nice combo mate! Trousers look nice!

nephew,
thank you
post #11839 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburer View Post

Thanks uncle! Like your shoes one the last one!

nephew,
thank you
post #11840 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburer View Post

Thanks B! I'm thinking of getting them cuffed, should I?

nephew,
yes! 1.75 cuffs
post #11841 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Here are a pair of Bresciani socks worn with Luciano Barbera linen pants and John Lobb Russell shoes. Note the super fine texture of the socks and how nicely they fit. They are OTC and sized. These are amazing socks!

I will be posting a review on these on my blog later today http://abitofcolor.tumblr.com/



Which socks are those? Are they the "Colorful Bresciani Cotton Socks" in "Lilac with Red?"

How is the weight? I like Viccel's 'winter weight' - I don't want socks that feel like panty hose.
post #11842 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanielca View Post


I know right, I've never had to pull up my socks since, I bought a whole bunch of them including a pair of red silk ones don't remember if those were Mazarin or gamarelli's but I much prefer the wool socks as opposed to the cotton ones. Very happy with my purchase, the service at mes chaussettes rouge is fantastic.

I have no experience with Mes Chaussettes Rouge, but I just looked them up online and they have a great selection.  I got mine at Gammarelli's in Rome.  I took some pictures of the shop, maybe I should post a thread. 

post #11843 of 18969
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post

Which socks are those? Are they the "Colorful Bresciani Cotton Socks" in "Lilac with Red?"

How is the weight? I like Viccel's 'winter weight' - I don't want socks that feel like panty hose.

These are the socks from A Suitable Wardrobe http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/colorfulbrescianispringsocks.aspx

Yes, the color is Liliac with Red

They are lightweight and very fine knit cotton. These are the socks to get to wear in warm spring and summer weather. These would be especially nice for anyone in a hot humid climate.

I have never worn panty hose so I can't help you with a comparison.
post #11844 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I have never worn panty hose so I can't help you with a comparison.

crackup[1].gif

post #11845 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

 

I think we might need to see a full pic. But I'm thinking, yes, they would look nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


nephew,
yes! 1.75 cuffs


Bringing them to the tailor tomorrow, thanks for tips!


Edited by mburer - 4/17/13 at 3:50pm
post #11846 of 18969
x-post WAYWRN - BB Peals shoes, J & M socks . . .

post #11847 of 18969




Nagrani
Bontoni
post #11848 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

x-post WAYWRN - BB Peals shoes, J & M socks . . .


nephew,
i like your full strap
post #11849 of 18969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post





Nagrani
Bontoni

nephew,
good shine on your cap toes
post #11850 of 18969

whiskey nst
argyles otc

Edited by mcarthur - 4/18/13 at 11:10am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos