or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 711

post #10651 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Ahhh, well, keep looking, you never know what you'll find and where!

In the meantime I don't think you can really go wrong with either purple or green for those pants and shoes. Plus, you're a sexy guy so you know you're going to look good.

lol shabat shalom
post #10652 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

lol shabat shalom

Same to you. smile.gif
post #10653 of 21296
hey ebroes... passin through!
post #10654 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Having a little fun with this combo:

 

worship2.gif

post #10655 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Having a little fun with this combo:



good looking combo
post #10656 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

hey ebroes... passin through!

nephew,
good looking combo
post #10657 of 21296

Globetrotter, I can recommend those raspberries from blacksocks.com - the best-made socks I've ever had; over the calf that never fall down.  Their only limitation is the colour choice.  The socks are a very substantial 100% cotton fil d'Ecosse.  With the colours you mentioned, you might take a look at meschaussettesrouges.com (myredsocks.fr): again they're not expensive, they're lighter than the Blacksocks ones, and better quality than Viccel.  The Mazarin range includes two dark greens, of which I'd recommend the "Christmas Tree", pic below, in cotton fil d'Ecosse.  If you like wool, the purple merino Gammarellis are super-luxurious.  Mazarin also do a burgundy version that might suit as formal but different - my pic of today, bottom.

 

Roger P, already expressed love for these in the Vass thread, but worth saying again: they are fantastic!

 

Spoo: perfection.

 

 

Christmas Tree Green fil d'Ecosse OTC by Mazarin, from meschaussettesrouges.com

 

1000

 

 

Today's pic: burgundy fil d'Ecosse OTC, again Mazarin, same source

 

post #10658 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart boots (new!) Gold toe socks (as if anyone can see them . . .)


How do you like your boots? Made in Italy? I think I have the same pair
post #10659 of 21296
thanks! - unfortunatly, 20 Euros is a bit rich for me, unless I decide to give up on my kids education. althought that might be the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Globetrotter, I can recommend those raspberries from blacksocks.com - the best-made socks I've ever had; over the calf that never fall down.  Their only limitation is the colour choice.  The socks are a very substantial 100% cotton fil d'Ecosse.  With the colours you mentioned, you might take a look at meschaussettesrouges.com (myredsocks.fr): again they're not expensive, they're lighter than the Blacksocks ones, and better quality than Viccel.  The Mazarin range includes two dark greens, of which I'd recommend the "Christmas Tree", pic below, in cotton fil d'Ecosse.  If you like wool, the purple merino Gammarellis are super-luxurious.  Mazarin also do a burgundy version that might suit as formal but different - my pic of today, bottom.

Roger P, already expressed love for these in the Vass thread, but worth saying again: they are fantastic!

Spoo: perfection.


Christmas Tree Green fil d'Ecosse OTC by Mazarin, from meschaussettesrouges.com

1000



Today's pic: burgundy fil d'Ecosse OTC, again Mazarin, same source


post #10660 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

thanks! - unfortunatly, 20 Euros is a bit rich for me, unless I decide to give up on my kids education. althought that might be the solution

 

You can take VAT off that so it's about 16.  Not much more than Viccel, and I do find there is quite a difference.  That's around $100 for five pairs with shipping, and it's sent in the regular post so no import complications.  I hope you get more than that for your kids' education!  Anyway, if you do try some, you'll be delighted when you get the package.  You certainly feel like you're getting a special product; I won't give anything else away!

 

I just noticed that MCR are now a SF sponsor - link at the bottom of the page.  Maybe they should be paying me; I must have mentioned them about ten times on here!

post #10661 of 21296
BEA1C67C-EE89-4A52-99E8-7AFBA06DEF65-6214-00000277C057E669_zpsca5532d8.jpg

DC Lewis
Pantherella
MTM HF flannel suit
post #10662 of 21296
Great looks today fellas, upr_crust I love the PS boots.
post #10663 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Great looks today fellas, upr_crust I love the PS boots.

Thanks, gyasih!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

How do you like your boots? Made in Italy? I think I have the same pair

The salesman (new, young, and very attentive) actually dropped me a note when I asked him who the manufacturer was. The boots were made in Italy (a small manufacturer outside of Milan), and were quite comfortable on the first wearing. The only thing one has to get used to with lace-up ankle boots is the constriction around the ankles - these are my second pair (both pairs are from Stuarts - the others, black cap toe balmorals, are Grenson Masterpiece, or so I have been told). These were actually easier on my ankles than the Grensons, and I've gotten many compliments on them.
post #10664 of 21296
they look great. i also think i owned the same pair of black captoe balmorals from grenson. iirc, those were a tad bit narrow throughout and as you eluded to, the ankle area felt a lot more restricted. you have great taste in boots fing02[1].gif
post #10665 of 21296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

hey ebroes... passin through! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Having a little fun with this combo: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BEA1C67C-EE89-4A52-99E8-7AFBA06DEF65-6214-00000277C057E669_zpsca5532d8.jpg
DC Lewis
Pantherella
MTM HF flannel suit

superb
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos