Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Luca Rubinacci ; most TACKY around Last post on 7/4/11 at 2:22pm in Classic Menswear
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 706post #10576 of 208372/13/13 at 4:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10577 of 208372/13/13 at 5:22ampost #10578 of 208372/13/13 at 5:24ampost #10579 of 208372/13/13 at 6:03ampost #10580 of 208372/13/13 at 6:19ampost #10581 of 208372/13/13 at 6:20ampost #10582 of 208372/13/13 at 7:44ampost #10583 of 208372/13/13 at 7:53ampost #10584 of 208372/13/13 at 8:16ampost #10585 of 208372/13/13 at 12:04pmpost #10586 of 208372/13/13 at 12:37pmpost #10587 of 208372/13/13 at 12:51pmpost #10588 of 208372/13/13 at 12:56pm
Not really, I do have an older pair of budapest in F last that fit looser than the oxfords, back when I ordered by size, don't know if that's the reason though.
Stitches and Justin, nice shoes and excellent combos, I also own a pair of Carminas in the Simpson last and I love the fit, 7E is as perfect as RTW can get I think, very comfortable.post #10589 of 208372/13/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
I have two pairs of shoes made by Cheaney on the 2003 last (one of which is on the previous page...no love for spectators here...pfff :p)...
Anyway, point is I bought the first pair - a black double-soled longwing derby (a couple of pages back too), in my normal size of 9.5UK. I got the wider fitting (G) as the last looked quite sleek. They fit. Then I ordered the Henley oxford spectator, same last, same size, and it was too tight across the vamp. I sized up to a 10G and they are great.
The thing is, I don't have a particularly high instep - my other oxfords all lace over my foot just fine. But last shapes are a funny thing. Just where that line of stitching goes across the join between facing and vamp, that particular last was too tight. I'd not noticed it on the derby because of course there's room for the whole vamp to move.
Anyway, I suppose the point of this is that different lasts fit differently (doh!), but that the real guide is how well a shoe with closed lacing fits you: once you know that, I guess you're good to go with a derby, monk of whatever. But not the other way around. And makers' sizes vary from last to last completely - last week I got the new Henley II, same design but on the 175 last, and even though it's the 9.5, it's a touch too big.
Lesson: try shit on. And when you find something that fits well and it's an oxford, get more!post #10590 of 208372/13/13 at 1:09pmQuote:
thanks, r. they are super comfy. took some breaking in, but after that it was gravy.
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › What would you wear today? 8 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 16 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 18 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...