Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySockstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:20 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos - Page 706post #10576 of 219492/13/13 at 4:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10577 of 219492/13/13 at 5:22ampost #10578 of 219492/13/13 at 5:24ampost #10579 of 219492/13/13 at 6:03ampost #10580 of 219492/13/13 at 6:19ampost #10581 of 219492/13/13 at 6:20ampost #10582 of 219492/13/13 at 7:44ampost #10583 of 219492/13/13 at 7:53ampost #10584 of 219492/13/13 at 8:16ampost #10585 of 219492/13/13 at 12:04pmpost #10586 of 219492/13/13 at 12:37pmpost #10587 of 219492/13/13 at 12:51pmpost #10588 of 219492/13/13 at 12:56pm
Not really, I do have an older pair of budapest in F last that fit looser than the oxfords, back when I ordered by size, don't know if that's the reason though.
Stitches and Justin, nice shoes and excellent combos, I also own a pair of Carminas in the Simpson last and I love the fit, 7E is as perfect as RTW can get I think, very comfortable.post #10589 of 219492/13/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
I have two pairs of shoes made by Cheaney on the 2003 last (one of which is on the previous page...no love for spectators here...pfff :p)...
Anyway, point is I bought the first pair - a black double-soled longwing derby (a couple of pages back too), in my normal size of 9.5UK. I got the wider fitting (G) as the last looked quite sleek. They fit. Then I ordered the Henley oxford spectator, same last, same size, and it was too tight across the vamp. I sized up to a 10G and they are great.
The thing is, I don't have a particularly high instep - my other oxfords all lace over my foot just fine. But last shapes are a funny thing. Just where that line of stitching goes across the join between facing and vamp, that particular last was too tight. I'd not noticed it on the derby because of course there's room for the whole vamp to move.
Anyway, I suppose the point of this is that different lasts fit differently (doh!), but that the real guide is how well a shoe with closed lacing fits you: once you know that, I guess you're good to go with a derby, monk of whatever. But not the other way around. And makers' sizes vary from last to last completely - last week I got the new Henley II, same design but on the 175 last, and even though it's the 9.5, it's a touch too big.
Lesson: try shit on. And when you find something that fits well and it's an oxford, get more!post #10590 of 219492/13/13 at 1:09pmQuote:
thanks, r. they are super comfy. took some breaking in, but after that it was gravy.
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › New suit designs, critique please 31 seconds ago
- › Lottery Number Specialist Astrologer +91-9988279155 1 minute ago
- › Love pRoBlEm sOLuTiOn In Uk 91 9521518136 4 minutes ago
- › +91-9988279155 SUPER FASTTT ONLINE LOVE problem solution baba 4 minutes ago
- › Intercast Love Marriage Specialist Astrologer +91-9988279155 6 minutes ago
- › SANTONI PENNY LOAFERS US 6.5/7 EU39/39.5 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Black Magic vashikaran specialist astrologer +91-9988279155 8 minutes ago
- › Discover The Muscle Building Tips Of The Pros 12 minutes ago
- › Hushband Wife Love Problem Solution Baba 9988279155 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan