• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your damage?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is mostly geared to newly active members and lurkers, but just curious, how much have you spent after discovering SF? While I never fancied myself to be a good dresser, I have though that I was "ok" as in I had enough pieces to put together the occasional "wow" outfit but mostly I stuck with whatever was acceptable. Since joining SF I have been buying less items, but making more long term investments. So far, my total would be... -Thick as Thieves suit: $465 -Clarks: $90 -BoO Shirt x2: $255 -Leather jacket (still in the process): $400+ -Misc: $100 Current Total: ~1340 So pretty much, already over $1000 and I have only recently gotten my first job. So a majority of my Christmas and Birthday money/gifts went towards clothing related purchases. I am about to pick up some APC NC very soon and probably some on sale BoO. While it doesn't seem like much, when I look at it I know that this is only the start of a very long and wallet consuming addiction =/ So in the very near future APC NC: 155 In the further away future I'm looking at purchasing Alden Cordovan Shell boots: 500-600 Another TaT suit: $435 MJK Skinny Pants: ~$130 Somet: $285

izlat

Reaction score
So far I've spent $0 because I am very disciplined
laugh.gif

this is about to change, but I would have been buying new stuff anyway. The difference is that now I wil know more

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Glancing at my miniscule wardrobe and adding up guestimates, I've spent a bit over a grand since I started building it from the ground up around this time last year. That's a staggering amount to me. But completely worth it.

Mushroom77

Reaction score
This is all in Aus dollars:

G-Star Raw Denim (>50% off): $115
Nudie RRDS (>50% off): $150
Plain t-shirts: ~$40
Chukkas: $75
Ben Shermann shirt: $70
Misc: >$50

These are the purchases I made that were only because of Styleforum... not including the things I would've bought anyway. So yeah, over $350AUD. But the biggest change to my wardrobe has been the fit of the stuff I buy, and the fact that I've found (or rediscovered) a whole lot of vintage pieces which I am working in now. And I'm experimenting more.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it's been about a year. I will list them in the order that I have gotten them. Nudie RRDS $178 Clarks desert boot 80 AA T-shirt 18 AA Hoodie 25 Red Wing GT 230 Frye Brando 220 Diesel Poplin Shirt 80 APC NS 98 Paul Smith Starr (great deal) 236 AE park avenue 180 Grand Total $1345 Future purchaes... BoO Shirt ?? Alden Boots ?? Samurai Jeans ?? Jantzen Custom Shirt ?? RM Williams Craftsmen

Brutus

Reaction score
I haven't really been around as long as my tag says but in the last 7-8 months my budget shows I've dropped about $4K.
plain.gif
WOW...where did that come from?????
eh.gif
According to my notes it appears most of the damage comes from two pair of Alden boots, a couple of jackets, too many button downs, and an apparent fetish for online shopping. All that free shipping is just too hard to pass up! I don't know how much direct influence SF (aka
devil.gif
) had on my appetite for new clothes but I'm sure it didn't hurt.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I've spent over a thousand on jeans alone but I justify it with my wife promising back then betting that if I lose a few pounds she'll get me a small gift BUT laughingly she said I if I lose dozens of pounds actually transforming myself to SKINNY that she'll get me a pair of boots that I wanted that are 1250 dollars.

I never got the boots.
I was also going to buy a BALL hydrocarbon watch as well but I lost my interest in watches almost immediately as I got int it. I'm fine with the couple of seiko automatic beaters I have already.

My next pairs of jeans I am looking at near end of year is a self edge collaboration flat head and/or a 5ep from db.

I think once of those somet straight blue paint or white paints are very interesting.

I am looking at getting something in 21 oz as well perhaps something from samurai although their stuff is not my usual aesthetic.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being as how many of my purchases aren't "SF-approved", I can't really blame SF for my expenditures. I started reading the forum in the beginning primarily as a resource for learining about online clothing stores, sales, discounts.

I believe I've only ever made four clothing purchases that exceeded $100-- a pair of non-raw Nudie jeans, a pair of Dunks, an S2A hoodie, and the SFx5EPs. Only the latter exceeded $200.

If and when I get some boots, that's sure to change.

I've made the discovery- as I'm sure many of you have- that it's my cheap purchases I end up regretting, not my "expensive" purchases. ("Expensive" put in scare-quotes because obviously we're dealing with an adjusted scale in my case.)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I've made the discovery- as I'm sure many of you have- that it's my cheap purchases I end up regretting, not my "expensive" purchases.

Cheap clothes are more expensive in the long run.

This is why everthing in my imaginary closet is baller.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
around 10

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't claim to have spent money after Styleforum enlightenment as I've always had an interest in clothing.

However, certain whims have me spending money, sometimes not insignificant amounts of money.

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
between boredom at work and desire for some new clothes, I've spent a lot on the FS threads on here. I'm also really interested in getting some of the more popular items around here, like a TaT suit, RM Williams boots, and a Filson bag...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Bout a dollar two ninety-eight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads