or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Exotic Cars on the Street
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Exotic Cars on the Street - Page 3

post #31 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
Agreed,

Ferrari's tend to do a great job of holding value, if not appreciating in value depending on model. It's Maserati that depreciates horrendously.

Is that 'cause of build quality or parts or just people don't want them as much? I've always wanted a maser, I feel like it would be like a Ferrari without all the stigma.
post #32 of 445
Saw a newer (I'd say 2003+) yellow Lambo (no pic, didn't have my cell on me at the time), though I'm not sure what model, in the local mall's parking lot the other day while having dinner out on their patio. You don't see these cars at all in Minnesota, so everyone and their brother who was out on the patio peered over the hedges to see who'd step out. Nicest car I've seen otherwise was a late model Maserati Quattroporte. Everyone else around here thinks their hot stuff in their Porsche Cayanne, Mercedes C-Class or BMW M3
post #33 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86 View Post
Is that 'cause of build quality or parts or just people don't want them as much? I've always wanted a maser, I feel like it would be like a Ferrari without all the stigma.
I don't know, but I was surprised to see 04' GT convertibles selling for less than 50 grand.

.....it might be one of the best ways to get an exotic GT on the cheap....atleast when compared to an Aston.
post #34 of 445
There's this red Ford GT that lives around here. It's driver clipped a corner and nearly ran into me today. It would have been ironic because I was driving like the crappiest car in a ten mile radius. On the local interstate I saw up ahead a car I couldn't quite make out -- thought it was a V8 Vantage. Overtaking it, I saw it was a new Jaguar XKR, with Florida plates and that it was following, quite slowly, a new Maybach, also with Florida plates. Since I'm in the Northeast, they were probably together. What, did the guy have two chauffers, one merely to drive the Jag when he wanted to relax in the Maybach? I recently took a daytrip to NYC. Saw two Lotus Elise, one Saleen Mustang, a new Jag XF, an Aston DB9, a killer new MB SL600 V12, a Maserati Quattroporte GT. All quite nice. ~Huntsman
post #35 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
There's this red Ford GT that lives around here. It's driver clipped a corner and nearly ran into me today. It would have been ironic because I was driving like the crappiest car in a ten mile radius. On the local interstate I saw up ahead a car I couldn't quite make out -- thought it was a V8 Vantage. Overtaking it, I saw it was a new Jaguar XKR, with Florida plates and that it was following, quite slowly, a new Maybach, also with Florida plates. Since I'm in the Northeast, they were probably together. What, did the guy have two chauffers, one merely to drive the Jag when he wanted to relax in the Maybach? I recently took a daytrip to NYC. Saw two Lotus Elise, one Saleen Mustang, a new Jag XF, an Aston DB9, a killer new MB SL600 V12, a Maserati Quattroporte GT. All quite nice. ~Huntsman
Some aren't fans, but I real like the new XF....while it's hard to imagine a Jag without the J-shifter, the new turn-dial shifter is quite unique and interesting.
post #36 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
Some aren't fans, but I real like the new XF....while it's hard to imagine a Jag without the J-shifter, the new turn-dial shifter is quite unique and interesting.
Meh. I don't know -- seems like something to break. Regardless, I prefer Jags without either the paddles or a J. I would like to see another XF for more than the 2 second glimpse the last one gave me though....it looks very interesting....
post #37 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
Some aren't fans, but I real like the new XF....

The XF looks like a Ford Mondeo, at least the European version. It does not look like a Jag at all.
post #38 of 445
To those who think taking photos of other peoples cars is strange: Nothing wrong with appreciating a nice car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86 View Post
Is that 'cause of build quality or parts or just people don't want them as much? I've always wanted a maser, I feel like it would be like a Ferrari without all the stigma.
You're crazy. Modern Maseratis are luxury cars with some get up and go. Ferrari's are track cars for the road. There's quite a difference. It's like saying Aston Martin and Lotus, or Mercedes and Porsche are the same. Maseratis are still nice though. Ferrari I saw in London while holding a camera: Beautiful car.
post #39 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
Nicest car there by far, in my opinion - 275 GTB shortnose
Beautiful. Blows the new ones away. "If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up." - Ferris Bueller
post #40 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Beautiful. Blows the new ones away.

"If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up." - Ferris Bueller

Yeah lots of people say that. I dunno why. I think the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano looks FANTASTIC, and the F430 and 360 are quite nice.

Personally I think the DB9 is the best looking car out there at the moment though. I guess I'm young, so don't have as much of a romance about older cars.
post #41 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraka View Post
Ferrari's are track cars for the road. There's quite a difference. It's like saying Aston Martin and Lotus, or Mercedes and Porsche are the same.

Ask Mr. Röhrl...
post #42 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraka View Post
Yeah lots of people say that. I dunno why. I think the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano looks FANTASTIC, and the F430 and 360 are quite nice.

Obviously, you have to see them in person. Could change your mind.

Btw, nobody will deny that the cars you mentioned above are stunning and nice.
post #43 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
Obviously, you have to see them in person. Could change your mind.

Btw, nobody will deny that the cars you mentioned above are stunning and nice.

You're quite right. I have, in fact, never seen a 275 GTB shortnose in real life. I would love to spend more time around proper sports and exotic cars, but unfortunately the car scene here in Australia is dominated by idiots in Ford Falcons, Holden Commodores, and poorly modified Japanese imports.

I once tried for half an hour to explain that the reason my stock Honda Integra VTiR (VTEC model) was faster than this other guy's VTiR was because he'd put a bolt on exhaust and pod filter on it. He was upset to the point of anger over this. He didn't seem to understand that the standard exhaust is tuned very well for the standard engine, and that by taking off the standard air box, he'd removed the cold air induction system that is incorporated in to the stock system. *facepalm*
post #44 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraka View Post
Yeah lots of people say that. I dunno why. I think the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano looks FANTASTIC, and the F430 and 360 are quite nice. Personally I think the DB9 is the best looking car out there at the moment though. I guess I'm young, so don't have as much of a romance about older cars.
I'm not that old. I wasn't around when legends like the E type or the Miura were built. I think old cars have more soul. New sports cars often look like heat exchangers. Old cars are also a much more rare sight. Put it this way, you won't see Kobe Bryant buy his wife a Ferrari 250 GTO and convert it to an automatic transmission because she can't drive stick. (He did just that with a Bugatti Veyron)
post #45 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
I'm not that old. I wasn't around when legends like the E type or the Miura were built. I think old cars have more soul. New sports cars often look like heat exchangers. Old cars are also a much more rare sight. Put it this way, you won't see Kobe Bryant buy his wife a Ferrari 250 GTO and convert it to an automatic transmission because she can't drive stick. (He did just that with a Bugatti Veyron)
No he didn't, because all Bugatti Veyrons are automatic already. They couldn't make a manual box to handle the 1,000 hp reliably. EDIT: And after a quick look around the internets... He did that with a Lamborghini Murciélago which is the STUPIDEST THING EVER because you can get it with a bloody E-Gear clutch less manual deal. I think putting an Automatic in a car like that should be rewarded by corporal punishment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Exotic Cars on the Street