or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Dark Knight - Suit Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Dark Knight - Suit Discussion - Page 2

post #16 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I was too distracted by the huge gap between Bale's collar and his neck to notice much else. Poor showing by Armani there.

Ditto. It was absurd. Every suit worn in that film by any character left a 3-5" gap between shirt and jacket collars.
post #17 of 106
Well, I agree with the sentiments - I'm not a fan of three button jackets myself, I can just about tolerate a 3-roll-2. But, hey, that's not to say they're out of style
post #18 of 106
The collar thing when he was giving the toast was really distracting. So much so, I was trying to come up with a reason it had been done on purpose. But I came up empty.

What struck me overall was the height of the collars above the suit jackets on Eckhart and Bale. Very high.
post #19 of 106
^^^ he just got off a helicopter flanked by three hot girls. Fixing your suit jacket would be the last thing on your mind.
post #20 of 106
does anyone happen to know for sure who did the suits in the previous batman movie?

i havent seen the new one yet but it certainly sounds like there were some disappointing moments - i always thought bale's suits looked pretty good in the first one
post #21 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post
i would be more amazed if you guys were impressed, lol, you cant please everyone.

i believe morgan freeman's comment was a joke.

Hence my :-)

The suits did not seem to have any flair and the ties were dull. I was expecting better, TBH.
post #22 of 106
I tried but I can't get to into the whole collar obsession.

I thought the overall effect was quite good and that both Bale & Eckhart were well dressed.
post #23 of 106
For my tiny knowledge of such matters, I thought that all of the actors were fairly well dressed.

The only question that I have is whether (hopefully) there will be a resurgence of the 3-piece.
post #24 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post
I tried but I can't get to into the whole collar obsession.

I thought the overall effect was quite good and that both Bale & Eckhart were well dressed.

All his collar needs is a ... little push.



post #25 of 106
I knew what you were talking about and when possible I prefer my collars to fit better but I tend to take things as a whole and on that basis, I thought it was good.
post #26 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post
I knew what you were talking about and when possible I prefer my collars to fit better but I tend to take things as a whole and on that basis, I thought it was good.

I'm just baffled at why Armani wouldn't do better. They had a showcase in what was sure to be one of the summer's biggest movies and they couldn't bother to make the coats fit properly? If I tried on a RTW suit and it fit like that, I'd put it back on the rack.

They went for slick, a look that demands proper fit, but didn't pull it off. Even Morgan Freeman's Trad wardrobe fit better.
post #27 of 106
That is a good question - you'd think they would have tried a bit harder. (I'm assuming it's a matter of effort since Bale isn't exactly a difficult fit.)

Especially since Gorgio's comments on SR made it seem like they were looking to grab a slice of that dwindling business.
post #28 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post
That is a good question - you'd think they would have tried a bit harder. (I'm assuming it's a matter of effort since Bale isn't exactly a difficult fit.)

Especially since Gorgio's comments on SR made it seem like they were looking to grab a slice of that dwindling business.

and not to mention that they even did PR on the fact that they did the suits. I said this when I first saw that they did the suits that I wouldnt have pegged armani for this role, doesnt strike me the Bruce Wayne would be wearing MTM armani.

Now Quantum of Solace and the Tom Ford suits I cant wait to see.
post #29 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I'm just baffled at why Armani wouldn't do better. They had a showcase in what was sure to be one of the summer's biggest movies and they couldn't bother to make the coats fit properly? If I tried on a RTW suit and it fit like that, I'd put it back on the rack.

They went for slick, a look that demands proper fit, but didn't pull it off. Even Morgan Freeman's Trad wardrobe fit better.

Yeah, but in Wanted Freeman walked around in three-button suits with all the buttons buttoned. Where the hell was the Wardrobe department?
post #30 of 106
I know for Christian Bale bulked up a lot for the first batman ( coming off his role in the machinest where he was anerixic, he gained something like 100 lbs back), and he complained about the suits not fitting him in the movie. Maybe its the same deal for the sequal as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Dark Knight - Suit Discussion