- brandAmerican Appareltagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAmerican Apparel Long sleeve t-shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAmerican Apparel Polo shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAmerican Apparel Short sleeve t-shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Junya Jeans for <$150 ??? Come Cop with swiftness! Last post on 1/19/11 at 12:26pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 2/20 Added Purple Label Jeans! Last post on 2/23/11 at 6:51pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
what do you guys consider big thighs? - Page 6post #76 of 1062/28/11 at 9:26pmpost #77 of 1063/1/11 at 3:01amQuote:uh...are you guys measuring mid-thigh or upper thigh??
(if you're talking about mid-thigh i might be freakishly disproportionate )
People do thighs the same way they do arms. The biggest spot they can find. OTOH the simple thing is to measure the top so you measure the same spot every time.
To answer the OP.
If you try on a pair of 501s do you
1) go wow the legs are baggy?
2) think they're fitted?
3) size up the waist and hope the thigh seams give a bit?post #78 of 1063/1/11 at 3:28ampost #79 of 1063/1/11 at 3:29amQuote:WAIST, or HIPS? I think a woman's waist should be under 28", and hips should be over 43" or so.
I'm 5' 10", 33" waist, 26" thighs, I've been called "thunderthighs" here from my fit pics
Squats and physical activity will do that though
You like big butts and you cannot lie......post #80 of 1063/1/11 at 4:23ampost #81 of 1063/1/11 at 4:56amRight now a month into my workout regimen: 6' 183 lbs 34.5" waist () 24" thighs. I'm trying to get down to where I should be naturally, which I think is 31"-32" waist and probably 20-22" thighs so I can fit the Diors that have been hanging in my closet for 6 months and the APC NS cords I have too. Right now my APC NS & PS are both ridiculous looking, where my thighs are very tight down to the knee and from the knee down is normal. That's why I wear chinos more often now.post #82 of 10611/17/11 at 12:47pmpost #83 of 10611/17/11 at 4:48pmpost #84 of 10611/17/11 at 5:16pmpost #85 of 10611/17/11 at 7:57pmpost #86 of 10611/17/11 at 8:05pmpost #87 of 10611/17/11 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by yukihiro
I always thought my thighs were a little bigger than average, but after measuring them they seem pretty normal after reading this thread. I'm 5'8", 31" waist with 20.5" thighs. Maybe it's because all of my friends have chicken legs.. Do Asians usually have thinner legs?
I'm asian, 5'6 and I have 21' thighs :(post #88 of 10611/17/11 at 8:41pmpost #89 of 10611/18/11 at 12:55ampost #90 of 10611/19/11 at 10:28amSome of you guys are funny in here thinking you have big thighs at 20".
Im 5'4 and have 24" thighs. However at this height, trying to wear a pants without a bit of a taper makes the legs look stumpy.
So funny story, you know how everyone posts pis of themselves in 501 stfs pre-soak and they fit shittily and are baggy? I had a friend who has really large thighs (muscle not fat) and he put on his stf's pre-soak and they fit right off the shelf. None of that starchy awkward bagginess. I guess 27" thighs will do that tho. He asked if he should soak them in warm or cold water. I said as cold as possible. Any shrink and those suckers wouldn't work.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Dress codes in Paris? 17 minutes ago
- › Made to measure hoodies - any companies that specialize in them? 23 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 40 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 44 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 46 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 50 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 54 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › Allen Edmonds fit & sizing help