- brandAmerican Appareltagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAmerican Apparel Long sleeve t-shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAmerican Apparel Polo shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAmerican Apparel Short sleeve t-shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryPants Shortstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Junya Jeans for <$150 ??? Come Cop with swiftness! Last post on 1/19/11 at 12:26pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 2/20 Added Purple Label Jeans! Last post on 2/23/11 at 6:51pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
what do you guys consider big thighs? - Page 6post #76 of 1062/28/11 at 9:26pmpost #77 of 1063/1/11 at 3:01amQuote:uh...are you guys measuring mid-thigh or upper thigh??
(if you're talking about mid-thigh i might be freakishly disproportionate )
People do thighs the same way they do arms. The biggest spot they can find. OTOH the simple thing is to measure the top so you measure the same spot every time.
To answer the OP.
If you try on a pair of 501s do you
1) go wow the legs are baggy?
2) think they're fitted?
3) size up the waist and hope the thigh seams give a bit?post #78 of 1063/1/11 at 3:28ampost #79 of 1063/1/11 at 3:29amQuote:WAIST, or HIPS? I think a woman's waist should be under 28", and hips should be over 43" or so.
I'm 5' 10", 33" waist, 26" thighs, I've been called "thunderthighs" here from my fit pics
Squats and physical activity will do that though
You like big butts and you cannot lie......post #80 of 1063/1/11 at 4:23ampost #81 of 1063/1/11 at 4:56amRight now a month into my workout regimen: 6' 183 lbs 34.5" waist () 24" thighs. I'm trying to get down to where I should be naturally, which I think is 31"-32" waist and probably 20-22" thighs so I can fit the Diors that have been hanging in my closet for 6 months and the APC NS cords I have too. Right now my APC NS & PS are both ridiculous looking, where my thighs are very tight down to the knee and from the knee down is normal. That's why I wear chinos more often now.post #82 of 10611/17/11 at 12:47pmpost #83 of 10611/17/11 at 4:48pmpost #84 of 10611/17/11 at 5:16pmpost #85 of 10611/17/11 at 7:57pmpost #86 of 10611/17/11 at 8:05pmpost #87 of 10611/17/11 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by yukihiro
I always thought my thighs were a little bigger than average, but after measuring them they seem pretty normal after reading this thread. I'm 5'8", 31" waist with 20.5" thighs. Maybe it's because all of my friends have chicken legs.. Do Asians usually have thinner legs?
I'm asian, 5'6 and I have 21' thighs :(post #88 of 10611/17/11 at 8:41pmpost #89 of 10611/18/11 at 12:55ampost #90 of 10611/19/11 at 10:28amSome of you guys are funny in here thinking you have big thighs at 20".
Im 5'4 and have 24" thighs. However at this height, trying to wear a pants without a bit of a taper makes the legs look stumpy.
So funny story, you know how everyone posts pis of themselves in 501 stfs pre-soak and they fit shittily and are baggy? I had a friend who has really large thighs (muscle not fat) and he put on his stf's pre-soak and they fit right off the shelf. None of that starchy awkward bagginess. I guess 27" thighs will do that tho. He asked if he should soak them in warm or cold water. I said as cold as possible. Any shrink and those suckers wouldn't work.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › PRICE DROP - NEW MTO Gaziano & Girling St James UK9.5 MH71 'F'... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 6 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...