Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/16 at 12:55pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 653
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9782 of 153081/18/14 at 12:47pmpost #9783 of 153081/18/14 at 12:55pmIt definitely looks a little tight, especially the shoulder area, but it looks alright when it's open. Probably stretch a little bit too, though that leather looks pretty serious. Stooges is a jacket I'd go a half size up rather than down in - aggressive jacket like that still looks pretty good when it's oversized and you can throw something under it as well.
Here's a fit from Fuuma that inspired me to get the jacket in the first place and myself in a Stooges just for comparison
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #9784 of 153081/18/14 at 12:57pmQuote:
Alright let's address a few things here
1. It's not ugly, far from gaudy (most of Allsaints' leathers), and frankly, could be a lot worse
2. Not everyone has 5k to blow on an SL jacket. I think you should put yourself in the perspective of other consumers and consider that for $400, it's not that bad. Speaking from a strictly economics-based perspective, he's happy with the jacket and believes he gained his utility's worth from his purchase.
3. Let's make it clear that I'm not saying this jacket necessarily belongs with the thread title. Personally, I wouldn't have bought the jacket, but I can see why others would. Sure, you can save a little bit more and go for a used TOJ, but those are hard to come by in the style one may want and the size that one may want. He could probably try a Schott leather, but I'm pretty sure they don't fit slim (?) and their design is a little bit more traditional.post #9785 of 153081/18/14 at 1:03pmpost #9786 of 153081/18/14 at 1:07pmpost #9787 of 153081/18/14 at 1:10pmpost #9788 of 153081/18/14 at 1:28pmpost #9789 of 153081/18/14 at 2:10pmpost #9790 of 153081/18/14 at 2:39pmpost #9791 of 153081/18/14 at 2:42pmpost #9792 of 153081/18/14 at 2:48pmpost #9793 of 153081/18/14 at 2:50pmpost #9794 of 153081/18/14 at 2:58pmpost #9795 of 153081/18/14 at 3:46pm
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NWOT Boglioli K sport coat - 50L - 100% cashmere 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.