Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 651post #9751 of 164141/17/14 at 9:20ampost #9752 of 164141/17/14 at 10:39am
Thanks guys. TOJ is definitely a good recommendation.
Nothing else seems to be quite right to me except for some of the Balenciaga jackets from a few years back under the previous designer -- they were simple and clean and the details were usually nice and subtle. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the new Alexander Wang stuff, nor of the brand's new markups, which seem to now be approaching the 10x-12x Saint Laurent territory.post #9753 of 164141/17/14 at 10:45ampost #9754 of 164141/17/14 at 10:46ampost #9755 of 164141/17/14 at 11:48ampost #9756 of 164141/17/14 at 12:02pmQuote:
Thanks v much for the suggestion, but I'm not a huge fan of epaulets. At least for me, I prefer clean, simple, and refined, with subtle details. The fit and finish/fabric should do the talking. :)
E.g. if this balenciaga jacket below were in black, it would be absolutely perfect -- super tasteful bomber meets safari jacket that would probably never go out of style. A pared-down biker style might be even betterpost #9757 of 164141/17/14 at 1:51pmpost #9758 of 164141/17/14 at 2:36pmpost #9759 of 164141/17/14 at 5:12pmpost #9760 of 164141/17/14 at 8:09pmpost #9761 of 164141/17/14 at 10:32pmpost #9762 of 164141/18/14 at 1:38amGot this Viparo Biker today and just now realized that it kind of copied off the Saint Laurent Classic Biker. I'm totally okay with it though haha.
I know it's strange to be comparing a $550 jacket to a $4,000 SL, but I'm actually really impressed with Viparo's quality on this jacket.They used some really nice thick aniline cow leather and the fit is great too. Definitely worth the money imo!post #9763 of 164141/18/14 at 2:45amQuote:Originally Posted by SuperflyBanana
Got this Viparo Biker today and just now realized that it kind of copied off the Saint Laurent Classic Biker. I'm totally okay with it though haha.
I know it's strange to be comparing a $550 jacket to a $4,000 SL, but I'm actually really impressed with Viparo's quality on this jacket.They used some really nice thick aniline cow leather and the fit is great too. Definitely worth the money imo!
The major difference here is that one is crap and the other is not.post #9764 of 164141/18/14 at 3:31amQuote:
I personally don't consider a $550 leather jacket to be "crap". The Saint Laurent obviously has far superior construction and materials, but for an average person like me, I'm perfectly happy to save $3,500 on a very similar jacket.post #9765 of 164141/18/14 at 3:56amQuote:
It's not very similar. It's a ripoff made in india from low quality leather and isn't worth the price they are charging you.
I strongly suggest returning that jacket if possible. There are plenty of better options during sales than... that.
Also please check the thread title before you choose to continue the discussion further.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Uniqlo Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...