Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... Last post on Yesterday at 10:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 650
Styleforum Top Picks
It depends. They are both quite thick per se but I have handled horse leather jackets that are quite soft. As an example, Zam has produced a soft horse leather jacket. If you are looking for a stiff, armor-like leather, both horse and calf should do.
What do you guys think of this Balmain jacket from fall 2013? I bought it for 50% off and now am trying to decide whether I want to keep it or return it.
It looks great in this photo but in person the patterned embroidery on the shoulders and the unnecessarily numerous zippers (which are a bit too shiny) might make it just a little over the top, in least for me.
Also, the lapel seems distractingly big, again, at least to me. On the plus side, the leather is of a very high quality (plonge I suspect), the lining is thick and warm, and I really like the ribbed patterns at the top of the sleeves.
Here's a photo of the one I bought:
What do you guys think of this piece? Should I keep it or return it?
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 36 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider MEMORY COAT in JADE - Size VI 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015