or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 639

post #9571 of 12830

Yeah, there are a few little awesome details, like the back. Largely I grabbed it because

 

1. it fit like a (leather) glove;

2. it was 75% of MSRP; and

3. the quality of the garment is beyond reproach.

 

But I just can't get comfortable in the thing. I try it on and beyond that great new-leather smell and the perfect fit, it just doesn't feel right, you know?

 

I think part of it is the way-too-off-centre front zip, and the other part is that I just don't really feel right in a biker jacket. At least, not without a bike.

post #9572 of 12830

You should put looks before anything, who gives a f**k who makes it or what percentage you got off. 

post #9573 of 12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post
 

You should put looks before anything, who gives a f**k who makes it or what percentage you got off. 

 

I am not fortunate enough to live in a world where I can ignore build quality and value for something as superficial as looks. But I get your meaning.

 

At any rate—as mentioned in the original post—I kept it for a couple of nights to really get a good look at myself in it, and yeah, I also just don't like it. It's since gone back.

 

I've been wanting a leather jacket for a while but frankly, with this affair, I've gotten over it.

post #9574 of 12830

I don't think that's what einstine meant. He was directly comparing the aesthetic value to the amount you feel you 'saved' by buying it. 

post #9575 of 12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMangelo View Post

I am not fortunate enough to live in a world where I can ignore build quality and value for something as superficial as looks. But I get your meaning.

At any rate—as mentioned in the original post—I kept it for a couple of nights to really get a good look at myself in it, and yeah, I also just don't like it. It's since gone back.

I've been wanting a leather jacket for a while but frankly, with this affair, I've gotten over it.

Styleforum is all about superficial looks, you might as well stop posting now.
post #9576 of 12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMangelo View Post

I am not fortunate enough to live in a world where I can ignore build quality and value for something as superficial as looks. But I get your meaning.

holy shit what is this
post #9577 of 12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

I don't think that's what einstine meant. He was directly comparing the aesthetic value to the amount you feel you 'saved' by buying it. 

That's why I said I get his meaning, even if the message was a bit less than subtle.

Without a doubt there's no value, implied or otherwise, to something you won't wear because it looks dumb. smile.gif
post #9578 of 12830

I just purchased this MCQ biker jacket. What are your expert opinions on it?

 

 

 

Product Specification page on Mr. Porter:

http://www.mrporter.com/product/371276

post #9579 of 12830
Eh
post #9580 of 12830

elastic ribbing on a dr sucks

post #9581 of 12830

True. Elastic ribbing looks odd, maybe giving a 70s/80s look to biker jacket!!!! Any other flaws???

post #9582 of 12830
looks terrible on the model. blousey shape and weird puffy sleeves. i would return.
post #9583 of 12830
I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to bikers with ribbing.

I always liked the S2A Gaspard(Justice Collab) and I liked the fit too but was severely disappointed with quality though.
2mnkrwx.jpg
post #9584 of 12830

^that's not too bad, but just imagine how much nicer it would be without ribbing

post #9585 of 12830

it looks fine unzipped but when zipped, the ribbing just causes the midsection to bunch up and create an egg-shape

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?