or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 631

post #9451 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgreg View Post

The CC jacket is nicer, the price is more reasonable.

5 zip has a boxy fit that's it. Don't think the cut is special in any way. And leather they used looks cheap. $1350 acne looks better.

 

A lot of 5-zips on models look boxy because they are extremely skinny. Ssenses models usually have nice 5-zip pictures, but they also make $60 levi jeans look really nice. 

post #9452 of 15895
Ann D suede rider on Barney's Warehouse for about 700 (extra 50% off). Small and XL left last I looked.
post #9453 of 15895
Too much 5zip hate talk, just like Ricks, the quality is a toss up from season to season.

The 5zip I just returned was very thin, it just didn't feel substantial and retail price was $2800+. However, check out the new grey one I saw at the store yesterday, it is thick and feel much more durable and retails around $2500. The white calf 5zip I have is also nice and thick and quality feels on point.

And the 5zip is cut boxy with wide shoulders but tapers but only really noticeable when you zip it up in pics.
post #9454 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post
 

5-zip's are grail cops for many people they might be overrated... or better put "over-talked" about too much on forums, but how many people actually own one? just because a ton of people talk about something does not necessarily mean its overrated. 

It looks nice, but material wise it sure is. A cotton lining, and hit or miss leather at that price point? cmon :confused:

post #9455 of 15895
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileForum View Post

It looks nice, but material wise it sure is. A cotton lining, and hit or miss leather at that price point? cmon confused.gif
What else would you line it with?
post #9456 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Don't worry about it, any leather would look bad on you regardless

RO is for those who work out or know what a gym is, you

einstine Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I thought body shaming on SF wasn't cool? Except when it is apparently...
post #9457 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

[/quote]
What else would you line it with?

Something that doesn't absorb moisture so easily, as well as easier to put on or off smoothly. Sateen, bemberg, viscose etc. 

post #9458 of 15895
I really like the cotton lining on mine, keeps it nice and breathable. If it had bemberg in the body I feel like it would be a sweatbox, as I've owned leathers with bemberg before and got really hot unless I wore it unzipped. also it doesnt state if its bemberg specifically but the sleeves on mine are lined in rayon (the fabric used in bemberg), which feels about the same as any bemberg ive owned in the past...
post #9459 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileForum View Post
 

Something that doesn't absorb moisture so easily, as well as easier to put on or off smoothly. Sateen, bemberg, viscose etc. 

Why in the hell would you need it lined with something that does not absorb moisture while wearing a 5-zip, are you running in a $3000 leather jacket, or in 80 degree plus weather? The arms are lined with sateen or silk, and viscose lol that shit pills like cheap uniqlo sweaters with no aggravation, imagine it being rubbed upon consistently. You simply have no clue what you are talking about. 

post #9460 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


I thought body shaming on SF wasn't cool? Except when it is apparently...

@gettoasty is a 30 year old lonely and enraged dude always with something ignorant to say, but always responds with silence since he can not comprehend more then one or two unknowledgeable sentences in a short amount of time. 

post #9461 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Bui View Post
 

For the allsaints question

 

i just got one, the leather seem to be nice, i like it.

fit - go one size larger, i would recommend you use their measurement and measure your body, the jacket will fit snug, then it will break in nicely 

i usually wear M for Jacket, but L for allsaint.

 

ps - it doesn't matter what other say, if you like it. go or it. there are too many ideas too listen to. pick one and go with it friend.

 

 

Allsaints sizing is all over the place, I know that there are people working there trying to fix that, but for the moment, you really need to try the jackets on before you buy them.

post #9462 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I thought body shaming on SF wasn't cool? Except when it is apparently...

Nothing is out-of-bounds on SF now. Why should anyone think otherwise?
post #9463 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post
 

@gettoasty is a 30 year old lonely and enraged dude always with something ignorant to say, but always responds with silence since he can not comprehend more then one or two unknowledgeable sentences in a short amount of time. 


@einstine

 

You said you wanted to see me most more and share my knowledge?

Thank you for your invitation and will start by giving you a word of advice to you.......

The forum would be more civil and you would aid it in the progression of meaningful dialogue if you would tone done on the snide and childish remarks and stop trying to bait forum members into disrespectful dialogue

 

if people ignore your baits it may be simply a desire to take the high road rather than enter into uncivilized conduct which is a waste of time and does nothing for the upliftment of the human spirit or the progression of civil and edifying discourse


Edited by Zamb - 12/16/13 at 8:33am
post #9464 of 15895
Zam, did you see the post he was responding to? a frankly bizarre critique of his body type (which by the way, given he has broad shoulders and a slender frame seems very well suited to leathers and indeed most things).
leaving that aside, i'd like to second the call for you to post more. i hadn't really been aware of your leathers but the models i've seen here recently look incredible. would be amazing to hear more about your working methods.
post #9465 of 15895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamb View Post

@einstine


You said you wanted to see me most more and share my knowledge?
Thank you for your invitation and will start by giving you a word of advice to you.......
The forum would be more civil and you would aid it in the progression of meaningful dialogue if you would tone done on the snide and childish remarks and stop trying to bait forum members into disrespectful dialogue

if people ignore your baits it may be simply a desire to take the high road rather than enter into uncivilized conduct which is a waste of time and does nothing for the upliftment of the human spirit or the progression of civil and edifying discourse

Looks whose talking... You are the one said how he knows nothing about artisinal clothing and is yapping all because he said he does not like the wavy zipper.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?