Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 631post #9451 of 1525712/15/13 at 7:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9452 of 1525712/15/13 at 7:40pmpost #9453 of 1525712/15/13 at 7:51pmpost #9454 of 1525712/15/13 at 7:55pmQuote:
A lot of 5-zips on models look boxy because they are extremely skinny. Ssenses models usually have nice 5-zip pictures, but they also make $60 levi jeans look really nice.post #9455 of 1525712/15/13 at 8:03pmpost #9456 of 1525712/15/13 at 8:08pmToo much 5zip hate talk, just like Ricks, the quality is a toss up from season to season.
The 5zip I just returned was very thin, it just didn't feel substantial and retail price was $2800+. However, check out the new grey one I saw at the store yesterday, it is thick and feel much more durable and retails around $2500. The white calf 5zip I have is also nice and thick and quality feels on point.
And the 5zip is cut boxy with wide shoulders but tapers but only really noticeable when you zip it up in pics.post #9457 of 1525712/15/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
It looks nice, but material wise it sure is. A cotton lining, and hit or miss leather at that price point? cmonpost #9458 of 1525712/15/13 at 10:39pmpost #9459 of 1525712/15/13 at 10:50pmpost #9460 of 1525712/15/13 at 11:43pmpost #9461 of 1525712/15/13 at 11:53pmI really like the cotton lining on mine, keeps it nice and breathable. If it had bemberg in the body I feel like it would be a sweatbox, as I've owned leathers with bemberg before and got really hot unless I wore it unzipped. also it doesnt state if its bemberg specifically but the sleeves on mine are lined in rayon (the fabric used in bemberg), which feels about the same as any bemberg ive owned in the past...post #9462 of 1525712/16/13 at 6:42amQuote:
Why in the hell would you need it lined with something that does not absorb moisture while wearing a 5-zip, are you running in a $3000 leather jacket, or in 80 degree plus weather? The arms are lined with sateen or silk, and viscose lol that shit pills like cheap uniqlo sweaters with no aggravation, imagine it being rubbed upon consistently. You simply have no clue what you are talking about.post #9463 of 1525712/16/13 at 6:47amQuote:
@gettoasty is a 30 year old lonely and enraged dude always with something ignorant to say, but always responds with silence since he can not comprehend more then one or two unknowledgeable sentences in a short amount of time.post #9464 of 1525712/16/13 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Drake Bui
For the allsaints question
i just got one, the leather seem to be nice, i like it.
fit - go one size larger, i would recommend you use their measurement and measure your body, the jacket will fit snug, then it will break in nicely
i usually wear M for Jacket, but L for allsaint.
ps - it doesn't matter what other say, if you like it. go or it. there are too many ideas too listen to. pick one and go with it friend.
Allsaints sizing is all over the place, I know that there are people working there trying to fix that, but for the moment, you really need to try the jackets on before you buy them.post #9465 of 1525712/16/13 at 7:35am
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 6 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...