or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 606

post #9076 of 11815
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

Saw this on ebay. Is this jacket going to look dumb on a guy with thick chest, rather than the skinny model used?




The chest and shoulder measurements seem about right, but Im guessing the sleeves are gonna look way bunched on me because Im 5'9 wearing a 50, not 6'3" like this dude probably is

Any general thoughts on the jacket would also be appreciated

Yeah, sleeves are going to bunch on you like crazy.  At 5'9", they'd probably be too long on you in a 48 too.  I don't really feel one way or the other about the jacket as a whole.  Just my 2c though.

post #9077 of 11815
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post

i guess it's more about how it looks/feels to you. but honestly i think for that price (or even a fair bit less) you could find a jacket that flatters your body type much better.

x1000

 

why are you forcing the MMM 5-zip?  

post #9078 of 11815
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdudley View Post

Yeah, sleeves are going to bunch on you like crazy.  At 5'9", they'd probably be too long on you in a 48 too.  I don't really feel one way or the other about the jacket as a whole.  Just my 2c though.

RO is notorious for the sleeves and pants stacking, if it's comfy it's part of the look.
My RO sleeves stack and I'm good with it.
post #9079 of 11815
Whats your height/jacket size? Any chance of a fit pic so I can see how it looks?
post #9080 of 11815
i am 5'9 about 152... sent you pm...
post #9081 of 11815
The viridi-anne
post #9082 of 11815

I'm thinking of purchasing my first leather jacket for my 30th birthday coming up. There seem to be so many types and brands. What brands should I be looking at in the $500-$1000 range? I was looking through the ToJ thread and I like the Moto 2011. I'm looking for something clean like that in brown, without a bunch of zippers, without wide lapels, etc.

 

I'm perusing this thread but there are many, many pages here so thanks in advance.

post #9083 of 11815
Dark brown goat 3 zip moto with silver zips would be very nice
post #9084 of 11815

^Dark brown 5-zip on ebay now. 

post #9085 of 11815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown View Post

I'm thinking of purchasing my first leather jacket for my 30th birthday coming up. There seem to be so many types and brands. What brands should I be looking at in the $500-$1000 range? I was looking through the ToJ thread and I like the Moto 2011. I'm looking for something clean like that in brown, without a bunch of zippers, without wide lapels, etc.

I'm perusing this thread but there are many, many pages here so thanks in advance.

TOJ moto in brown looks really good. see toj gallery http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=6313
Schott NYC has some great leathers for your price range.
post #9086 of 11815
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


TOJ moto in brown looks really good. see toj gallery http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=6313
Schott NYC has some great leathers for your price range.

If your willing to spend $1000 I would not go with Schott. 

post #9087 of 11815
I never understood the stooges, prefer the instarsia, mollino and bauhaus
post #9088 of 11815
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

If your willing to spend $1000 I would not go with Schott. 

He said 500 - 1000 thats a big range, and frankly what do you have against schott? i bought my wife a jacket of theirs and its great. I handled many of their other leathers and quality is great.
post #9089 of 11815
In that range for a moto I think a TOJ is a the go to
post #9090 of 11815
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwindow View Post

In that range for a moto I think a TOJ is a the go to

i totally agree because not only did i link him to the gallery, i own one! Having said that, there are still other options as well and i will always present people with some. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?